Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Nnicolette

Remote viewing

57 posts in this topic

stereologist
4 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Well do you not call the drawings people made that match the correlating pictures which the subjects couldnt physically see successful? What else do you want? They were impressively accurate.

I don't recall any impressively accurate drawings. An example could be useful.

Drawings I recall are:

• The letter 'A' which matched features at all sites in a TV show
  • A drawing claimed to be a space ship which could have matched a shopping mall, a box, a ship, an airplane, a crosswalk, etc.

As I suggest I've seen some but none were more than scribbles.

• Like 2

stereologist

Wasn't an alien base on Mars mentioned in this thread? The claim was that there was an active mining operation on Mars using rather clumsy human methods such as hydraulic mining. The orbiters show nothing happening. The base was imagination run rampant.

Let's consider another remote viewing project. The mother ship following Hale-Bopp comet. There was the darling of RV, Courtney Brown. He comes from Emory University and I cannot remember how often he was touted in appeals to authority. e is a professor and he does RV and he and his team did a successful RV on the alien spaceship following comet Hale-Bopp.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Cultists-Saw-Hale-Bopp-as-a-Heavenly-Sign-It-2848671.php

Courtney Brown, a tenured professor of political science at Emory University in Atlanta, and the author of the book "Cosmic Voyage," was a frequent guest on Bell's show.

According to tapes of those broadcasts, Brown claimed to be in contact with trained psychics who used "remote viewing" to spot a huge alien ship following the Hale- Bopp comet.

"The purpose is galactic evolution," Brown said. "It is not an invasion. ET's (extra-terrestrial beings) have been flying under our noses for decades. The time must come now for our awakening."

Not clear if there is a connection, but not long after that there was a mass suicide of 39 people. 

It was not clear exactly what impact the Shramek photo and Brown's theories may have had on the sect and its leader.

Was the sham of doing RV on a nonexistent spaceship partly responsible for the deaths of people in Rancho Sante Fe on March 22, 1997 to the 26th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven's_Gate_(religious_group)

• Thanks 1

stereologist

There was a guy showing up years back that was doing remote viewing. I read through his notes as he went through his "scientific process". He wrote down things like "man-made structures", "sounds", "blue", "power and energy", "people working", "silence and motion", etc.

Then he would go on and on about how the target was chosen after the RV crew did their viewing. He is viewing an unknown subject from an unknown time and then someone uses dice or something along those lines to choose an envelope and that envelope is opened and people see if they match the subject.

The subject: Sinking of the Titanic. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The impact of the iceberg makes sound
  • The ocean is blue
  • The engine has power and energy
  • People are working to save themselves
  • Lifeboats are full of silent people as they rock in the waves
  • etc.

The subject: The Apollo Moon launch. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The sound is the roar of the liftoff
  • The sky is blue
  • The engine has power as it lifts the astronauts into space
  • People are working the control room to monitor the liftoff
  • As they enter space there is silence as they move at thousands of miles per hour
  • etc.

The subject: Mardi Gras in NOLA. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The sounds of music fill the air
  • The great costumes with shimmering blue
  • The enthusiasm of the crowds is power and energy
  • People walking the parade route working the crowd
  • The bands take a short break yielding silence and motion as they prep for the next selection of music
  • etc.

It was always an accurate viewing for the person involved because their notes fit almost anything

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

XenoFish

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on remote viewers. Because I can use Google Earth too.

• Haha 1

papageorge1
7 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

You believe there are controlled studies?? Either there are or there aren't. Please share.

I do believe there are controlled studies showing positive results for the ability colloquially known as 'remote viewing' beyond reasonable doubtI hope that clarifies my position.

ChrLzs
8 hours ago, stereologist said:

There was a guy showing up years back that was doing remote viewing. I read through his notes as he went through his "scientific process". He wrote down things like "man-made structures", "sounds", "blue", "power and energy", "people working", "silence and motion", etc.

Then he would go on and on about how the target was chosen after the RV crew did their viewing. He is viewing an unknown subject from an unknown time and then someone uses dice or something along those lines to choose an envelope and that envelope is opened and people see if they match the subject.

The subject: Sinking of the Titanic. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The impact of the iceberg makes sound
  • The ocean is blue
  • The engine has power and energy
  • People are working to save themselves
  • Lifeboats are full of silent people as they rock in the waves
  • etc.

The subject: The Apollo Moon launch. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The sound is the roar of the liftoff
  • The sky is blue
  • The engine has power as it lifts the astronauts into space
  • People are working the control room to monitor the liftoff
  • As they enter space there is silence as they move at thousands of miles per hour
  • etc.

The subject: Mardi Gras in NOLA. Perfect hit.

• It's man-made
  • The sounds of music fill the air
  • The great costumes with shimmering blue
  • The enthusiasm of the crowds is power and energy
  • People walking the parade route working the crowd
  • The bands take a short break yielding silence and motion as they prep for the next selection of music
  • etc.

It was always an accurate viewing for the person involved because their notes fit almost anything

Excellent (and very typical) examples.  This sounds a LOT like the stuff done by Dean Radin.  Sadly I note that a lot of his more embarrassing claims have now vanished from the Interweb - there was a powerpoint presentation of one of his 'lectures' online some years back that was absolutely hilarious.  I should have saved a copy - if anyone knows it's whereabouts, I'd be very grateful.  It was mostly about RV, and gave a lot of unintentionally very funny examples of subjective judgements rather like the ones above, and worse.....

• Like 1

White Crane Feather
On 3/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, Nnicolette said:

I just wanted to check and see how many of you do/do not believe in remote viewing, and why? Who has experience with it? Please share your input!

Also if so, have you ever tried to access restricted areas such as the pentagon, the white house, the vatican, the moon or mars and what happened?

I tried to have a look in the White House one time. I was blocked, but in those altered states of consciousness any fundamental thoughts about an action can be a block too. I doubt it has anything to do with psychic defenses. Most likely it was my own thought patterns that prevented me from going in. That place being so secure is engrained into everyone’s thoughts, it would be difficult to root it out.