Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Opposes Vote By Mail

Raptor Witness

Trump says Republicans would ‘never’ be elected again if it was easier to vote -

The Guardian 3-30-2020

“The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” Trump said during an appearance on Fox & Friends.

This sounds like the words of a dictator.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Fox and his Friends is a good name for who is guarding our republic. 

This is a pandemic. Voting by mail is a no brainer.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Everyone can vote by mail if they want. All states have absentee ballots and early voting.

Allowing in person voting does not make it so people can't vote by mail.

A thread about nonething.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Fox and his Friends is a good name for who is guarding our republic. 

I must have missed it, but I did not hear him say anything about voting by mail.   

• Like 3

The states are not set up to handle large scale absentee ballots, it’s just that simple. More money needs to be appropriated for this purpose. The Republicans are already saying they don’t want to do that. That’s what this discussion on The Fox’s Friends was largely about. How can they impede voter turnout. 

Failure to plan ahead, as was done with the pandemic, is what needs to be avoided.

Frankly, I think Donald Trump wants a greater crisis, so that he can stick around, he hopes, for as long as possible, and avoid what will likely be jail time for both he and his family.

If Donald Trump isn’t prepared to leave office, then we have a far more serious problem, then the pandemic itself. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

I think Donald Trump wants a greater crisis, so that he can stick around, he hopes, for as long as possible, and avoid what will likely be jail time for both he and his family.

If Donald Trump isn’t prepared to leave office, then we have a far more serious problem, then the pandemic itself. 

Wearing a tin foil hat too?

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The states are not set up to handle large scale absentee ballots, it’s just that simple. More money needs to be appropriated for this purpose. The Republicans are already saying they don’t want to do that. That’s what this discussion on The Fox’s Friends was largely about. How can they impede voter turnout. 

Failure to plan ahead, as was done with the pandemic, is what needs to be avoided.

Frankly, I think Donald Trump wants a greater crisis, so that he can stick around, he hopes, for as long as possible, and avoid what will likely be jail time for both he and his family.

It's not entirely true that the states are not set up to handle large scale absentee ballots. It would require more man hours to send them out. That would indeed require more money for man hours and postage. But the cost of ballots and how the ballots are processed on election day wouldn't be changed much. If all ballots in a precinct were via mail instead of in person, the poll workers would be spending their time on election day processing the absentee ballots instead of processing the voters. Not much difference between processing 100 sealed envelopes or 100 people in person.

There is also all mail ballots, similar to absentee- but the ballots end up getting processed the same way. Some places have early voting and in-person absentee voting too.

Idaho's May primary is now going to be via absentee ballot, it will be an interesting thing to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rashore said:

It's not entirely true that the states are not set up to handle large scale absentee ballots. It would require more man hours to send them out. That would indeed require more money for man hours and postage. But the cost of ballots and how the ballots are processed on election day wouldn't be changed much. If all ballots in a precinct were via mail instead of in person, the poll workers would be spending their time on election day processing the absentee ballots instead of processing the voters. Not much difference between processing 100 sealed envelopes or 100 people in person.

There is also all mail ballots, similar to absentee- but the ballots end up getting processed the same way. Some places have early voting and in-person absentee voting too.

Idaho's May primary is now going to be via absentee ballot, it will be an interesting thing to see.

I live in Florida and have been voting by mail for a few years.  Once you request a ballot they keep sending them to you.  You can go to your county's election site and request it.  Once mailed you can go to that site and check its status.  You know when they get it back.  I use to always vote early before I started using the mail.  I did live in a state years ago that required you to request an absentee ballot in person and state the reason. You were not guaranteed they would give you one. The first time I did, I was rejected because I had to request it by a certain date. I hope that has changed but I moved away over 30 years ago.  The republicans do seem to come up with all kinds of excuses for extending early voting, or number of early voting sites.  It's pretty obvious they think they do best when voting is light.  

Edited by micahc

"Once you request a ballot they keep sending them to you"

This is part of the problem. Anyone who gets a ballot in the mail can vote and send it back, there is no checking about it possible. People move, they die.

In Louisiana at least, if you skip voting you have to re-register. They do not keep names on the rolls forever so the dead can rise again every few years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, rashore said:

Very well said .....

They better sort this out well ahead of time, so people are left wondering what to do. For example, should I go ahead and order an absentee ballot now? I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Raptor Witness said:

Very well said .....

They better sort this out well ahead of time, so people are left wondering what to do. For example, should I go ahead and order an absentee ballot now? I have no idea.

Yes. If you think you want to do absentee ballot, do it now. Easier on the folks that work elections if you can do it sooner rather than later. Check with your states voting website to see if there are requirements for absentee ballot- not all states are the same.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:34 AM, Raptor Witness said:

This sounds like the words of a dictator.

Can you get anymore dramatic?  240+ years our nation has held elections in one way.  Including during a global pandemic influenza outbreak that killed 50+ million around the planet.  We just went through 3 years of fecking INSANITY because Democrats would not accept the results of a duly executed election.  They never found a single bit of proof that any votes were tampered with...ZERO...  Now you think it'd be a good idea to just let all the states decide how they'd like to get the votes mailed in? 

I have an idea.  We can do that IF each voter comes in, signs their name and leaves a thumbprint when they pick up their ballot.  How does that sound?  Otherwise, neither side is going to accept the result and we don't need that kind of rhetoric during THIS election.  It's like you guys WANT to burn the country down if you can't get back into full control.  Add the emotional toll of tens of thousands of dead Americans and millions of grieving family members who are tired of this crap and the Left may find they've triggered a resistance they just don't have the sack for...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 12:10 PM, Raptor Witness said:

About 700,000 Americans died between 1918-19.  People went to the polls THEN.  What the Left is afraid of, and frankly, they should be, is that Trump voters are far more committed and willing to risk personal safety to vote.   Pelosi and her thug crew tried to push through legislation that would nationalize the presidential election.  That would make it far easier for that scum to steal elections and it WILL be resisted.  As it is now, each state decides the basic structure of how they run polling and that's the way it should stay.  Any state that switches over to a totally new system should have Federal oversight to make sure gross amounts of fraud aren't taking place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2020 at 1:29 PM, Raptor Witness said:

Worrying about the integrity of our elections is something you guys should have considered before you decided to be the first group of Americans to EVER deny the legitimacy of a duly elected president.  You got pessed, took your ball and went home.  Did you really think that setting a precedent like that could be done with impunity?  Did you?  This government was always based on everyone agreeing to follow the same rules, man up and admit when you lose and try harder next time.  

But you guys were too special for that and your excuse was that you just didn't like the bad orange man.  I'm in a bit of a mood today so I'll leave this here.  I'm tired of wasting my efforts on the mentally ill.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

Can you get anymore dramatic?  240+ years our nation has held elections in one way.  Including during a global pandemic influenza outbreak that killed 50+ million around the planet.  We just went through 3 years of fecking INSANITY because Democrats would not accept the results of a duly executed election.  They never found a single bit of proof that any votes were tampered with...ZERO...  Now you think it'd be a good idea to just let all the states decide how they'd like to get the votes mailed in? 

I have an idea.  We can do that IF each voter comes in, signs their name and leaves a thumbprint when they pick up their ballot.  How does that sound?  Otherwise, neither side is going to accept the result and we don't need that kind of rhetoric during THIS election.  It's like you guys WANT to burn the country down if you can't get back into full control.  Add the emotional toll of tens of thousands of dead Americans and millions of grieving family members who are tired of this crap and the Left may find they've triggered a resistance they just don't have the sack for...

Trump could declare himself Dictator all day long... But he would have to have the support of our Military which is comprised of National guardsman as well. And as much as some of the Democratic Governors don't like Trump I cannot see them handing over their troops to support a Dictatorial takeover.  No matter how much certain people say it, it just is not going to happen.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 9:06 PM, and then said:

Worrying about the integrity of our elections is something you guys should have considered before you decided to be the first group of Americans to EVER deny the legitimacy of a duly elected president.  You got pessed, took your ball and went home.  Did you really think that setting a precedent like that could be done with impunity?  Did you?  This government was always based on everyone agreeing to follow the same rules, man up and admit when you lose and try harder next time.  

But you guys were too special for that and your excuse was that you just didn't like the bad orange man.  I'm in a bit of a mood today so I'll leave this here.  I'm tired of wasting my efforts on the mentally ill.

You're hilariously delusional.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wow.  so all those years of hearing from the right that Obama is not the real president, he was from Kenya and there was a conspiracy from 1962 to get him elected President for muslim extremist that were not even around yet was just our imagination. the fake birth certificates passed around, the right wingers telling the military to ignore Presidential orders were just our mass imagination?  so much for your first group of amerians ever deny the legitimacy of a duly elected president...nonsense.  Trump was a great leader in the fake birther movement. He deserves to be hated and I hope he dies in prison.  He is the first American president helped by an enemy of the USA. He is working to please Putin whether he is attacking NATO or our Intel community.  IF you have fallen for Trump you have proven you don't recognize mental illness.  

hmm.. President Trump said something about the original bill being full of crazy ideas, some of which would suppress Republican voting. I'd love to know what those suggestions where. Are we talking about giving illegal immigrants the right to vote ? Or preventing somebody for standing for election unless they sign a Human Rights pledge, or an agreement to sponsor nationwide Lesbian Dance classes, or compensation for slavery or something ? 

On 3/31/2020 at 12:19 PM, spartan max2 said:

Everyone can vote by mail if they want. All states have absentee ballots and early voting.

There is no way to confirm that the person who vote is who they say they are or they are a citizen. That is why we have in person voting, so we can identify them and make sure they are who they say they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:29 AM, Robotic Jew said:

He isn't wrong, you Democrats been trying to change the rules through power plays for years, it is you who isn't paying attention or not wanting to believe Democrats only want power and will do anything they can to get it, even if it means changing the rules or dismantling protections our founding fathers placed. They now want to alter the election rules this time around. Democrats are power hungry politicians who do anything to gain power, even if means banning medication that can help citizens and even holding up stimulus bill in order to shape the nation into their vision without any input from the citizens of this nation. They fancy themselves rulers, not representatives that represent the people.

Try to Change Filibuster Rules. [Jan. 2011]

Changes Minority/Majority Rule For Senate. [Nov. 2013]

Attempt to redraw electoral map. [Sept. 2017]

Increase The Number Of Seats In Supreme Court. [July 2018]

Changes The Rules on Debt Ceiling. [Jan. 2019]

Bypass the Electoral College. [March 2019]

Changes the Rules of Impeachment. [Oct. 2019]

Tries to Remove Electoral College & Limited Presidential Pardons. [Jan. 2019]

Super delegate Rule Change. [Feb. 2020]

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2020 at 7:29 AM, Robotic Jew said:

You really should broaden your horizons, guy.  There's a great big world out there and most of it does not mean you well.  The wakeup call is going to be jolting.  Good luck with that.

• Haha 1

......But you guys were too special for that and your excuse was that you just didn't like the bad orange man.  I'm in a bit of a mood today so I'll leave this here.  I'm tired of wasting my efforts on the mentally ill.

Your Dear Leader is the one who is mentally ill. It’s become clear from day one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:54 AM, and then said:

Yes, yes, 'ceaseless resistance to the oppressor' 

You sure you're not Iranian? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2020 at 12:19 PM, spartan max2 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lawsuit-claims-pennsylvania-counties-have-over-800000-ineligible-voters-on-voter-registration-lists

This is just in 3 counties in ONE state.  This opens the door to mass cheating and if you think the Right is going to just let it happen and accept the results, you are delusional.  One side rejected the outcome last time, if the other side rejects it this time then this country is in for a world of hurt.  So be it.  Bring the pain, baby.

Piney, you around?  On the topic of voter suppression, what is happening in North Dakota, and is it happening elsewhere?

I understand that they changed the rules so that persons with a postal (ie mailbox) address could no longer vote.  That means many native americans (eg living on reservations) and also rural folks, have lost the right to vote.  I find this absolutely astonishing - Trump and his crew will do anything to keep voter numbers down, as that increases his chances for several reasons.

I'd just love to see the excuse for doing this - there's been a lot of voter fraud from PO boxes, has there?  :no:

• Like 2