Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woke up all tucked in

Galaga Player1

My story may not seem all that fantastical or exciting, but nonetheless it was completely strange and inexplicable. More or less 15 years ago I woke up neatly tucked into my blankets when I woke up one morning. I was on my back and baffled. First I'm a side sleeper and never sleep on my back. But even stranger, someone or something neatly tucked the sheets and blanket all around me and my hands and arms placed uniformly on my side. It was tucked very tightly all around. My feet were pointing straight up and the sheets tucked around them. I couldn't have done this myself, and it looked like someone took great care to do this. My door was closed. The only other person who was in the house was my mother who's room was at the other end of the hallway. Knowing her, she wouldn't have done this even as a joke. I laid there for probably 15 minutes trying to figure out what exactly happened. I thought about calling out to my mother so I could have a witness, but both our doors were closed and she was asleep, so she wouldn't have heard me.

I've thought about this incident from time to time over the years. I never figured out why or what happened to me that day. I've never told anyone because either they'd think it was such a non story, or even if it was strange, not so much so that it warranted any further concern. I wanted to know if anyone has ever had this happen to them or know of someone who had. Maybe I'd get closer solving this strange event that will forever baffle me.

• Thanks 2

I tend not to move too much when I sleep, but when I do, it's epic. I once woke up wrapped up like a mummy. Getting yourself into a position such as the one you described is not impossible. Side sleepers often end up on their backs, and you moved in such a way that the blankets tucked underneath you. It happens. You could no doubt easily replicate it if you tried. Creepy story: A classmate of mine suffers from sleep paralysis and one recurring hallucination is feeling several invisible hands on both sides of her tucking her blanket underneath her. One morning she awakened to find herself in the same situation you described. She knew she did it to herself, but was creeped out nonetheless.

• Like 2

@Galaga Player1

I know the spirit world can play with and pull blankets and such. I've seen some videos from security cameras that didn't seem to have any normal explanation like your story. My first question would be if anything else suspicious occurred during that timeframe?

• Like 1

Maybe it was your mother after all

On 3/31/2020 at 6:17 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I tend not to move too much when I sleep, but when I do, it's epic. I once woke up wrapped up like a mummy. Getting yourself into a position such as the one you described is not impossible. Side sleepers often end up on their backs, and you moved in such a way that the blankets tucked underneath you. It happens. You could no doubt easily replicate it if you tried. Creepy story: A classmate of mine suffers from sleep paralysis and one recurring hallucination is feeling several invisible hands on both sides of her tucking her blanket underneath her. One morning she awakened to find herself in the same situation you described. She knew she did it to herself, but was creeped out nonetheless.

If this was just me wrapping myself up when I was sleep, then I wouldn't have posted on this site. The covers were perfectly lined up. It's nearly impossible to tuck your sheets underneath you all around your body by accident while the covers are perfectly squared all around, especially if you're doing it while sleeping. I never expected anyone to be skeptical comments on this site. Again, I wouldn't have posted this story if it wasn't so unusual that I've remembered till this day.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:10 PM, Tuco's Gas said:

So....did you ever ask Mom if she did it?

No she did not. If you read the story she was sound asleep, and my mother wouldn't do that for no reason whatsoever. It's surprising so many people on this site are skeptical of my story. There are stranger stories on this site that people believe, but mine seem to have everyone dismissive.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Galaga Player1 said:

If this was just me wrapping myself up when I was sleep, then I wouldn't have posted on this site. The covers were perfectly lined up. It's nearly impossible to tuck your sheets underneath you all around your body by accident while the covers are perfectly squared all around, especially if you're doing it while sleeping. I never expected anyone to be skeptical comments on this site. Again, I wouldn't have posted this story if it wasn't so unusual that I've remembered till this day.

Just because the situation seemed unusual to you, doesn't mean there isn't a practical explanation for it.

But as it appears that all you're looking for is affirmation, I'll comment no further on it.

• Thanks 1