Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How long will my hoarded 'essentials' last?

Eldorado

"WillWeRunOut launched yesterday to, in its own words, "help people understand how long what they have will last" and was born out of frustration with the climate of fear that has wrecked dinner times and toilet trips for many.

"The website is a calculator based on "industry studies, online averages and some 'very serious' testing".

"WillWeRunOut currently covers essentials like loo roll, pasta and Vulture favourites wine and beer (though we're not sure they're truly essential, just good for the numbing effect). Coffee is "coming soon"."

Full monty at the Register (UK tech site): Link

Will We Run Out calculator: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

With 24 rolls of toilet paper it says it will last my house 80 days. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"WillWeRunOut launched yesterday to, in its own words, "help people understand how long what they have will last" and was born out of frustration with the climate of fear that has wrecked dinner times and toilet trips for many.

"The website is a calculator based on "industry studies, online averages and some 'very serious' testing".

"WillWeRunOut currently covers essentials like loo roll, pasta and Vulture favourites wine and beer (though we're not sure they're truly essential, just good for the numbing effect). Coffee is "coming soon"."

Full monty at the Register (UK tech site): Link

Will We Run Out calculator: Link

I don't know if this is really accurate because people don't use all things at the same rate and if it is some what accurate people should be able to figure out most of this by how they use things according to their normal use.

Peace

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't know if this is really accurate because people don't use all things at the same rate and if it is some what accurate people should be able to figure out most of this by how they use things according to their normal use.

Peace

It has customisation, e;g. how many sheets per visit and how many wipes per sheet!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

It has customisation, e;g. how many sheets per visit and how many wipes per sheet!

But does it have anything that bases those facts on the Size of the Butt.:D

Peace

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Good to know that my supply of ramen will last me almost 2 years. 

Unless the ramen goes rancid first. Ramen is deep fried in oil to parcook and dehydrate the noodles and the oil will eventually go rancid.

Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Unless the ramen goes rancid first. Ramen is deep fried in oil to parcook and dehydrate the noodles and the oil will eventually go rancid.

Aged to perfection.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Good to know that my supply of ramen will last me almost 2 years. 

I hear that Hormel is about to make another big batch  of SPAM.  The last one they made in 1947 is about sold out.

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I hear that Hormel is about to make another big batch  of SPAM.  The last one they made in 1947 is about sold out.

On another forum I frequent supposedly a guy asked Hormel how long would spam last and the answer was that the can would disintegrate first. :lol:

• Haha 3