Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Post something positive happening now

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not dead yet, at least I have that going for me.

I am glad to here that.

Peace

• Like 2

Alone in the office  I do a lot of push ups and burpees.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hard-pressed supermarket workers are being handed thank-you bonuses by bosses.

Marks & Spencer is the latest chain to reward workers with an extra 15% pay.

Aldi, Sainsbury's and Tesco have already promised staff an extra 10%, while Asda will give its staff an extra week's pay in June, which works out as a 25% bonus for the month.

Bosses say they are rewarding "dedication and commitment" and "outstanding work".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52119560

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Hard-pressed supermarket workers are being handed thank-you bonuses by bosses.

Marks & Spencer is the latest chain to reward workers with an extra 15% pay.

Aldi, Sainsbury's and Tesco have already promised staff an extra 10%, while Asda will give its staff an extra week's pay in June, which works out as a 25% bonus for the month.

Bosses say they are rewarding "dedication and commitment" and "outstanding work".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52119560

They deserve every bit of it and much more, to keep us all supplied they are also risking their lives. It would be nice if the news channels had segments that would give a shootout to the people who are risking their health for the greater good. It's getting a little old only hearing how many more are sick or how many are projected to die, at least for me anyways.

Peace

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Vauxhall has announced that it will offer free roadside assistance to all NHS workers driving one of its models, regardless of age.

Free roadside assistance was previously just offered to buyers of new Vauxhall models for 12 months, however this offer from the firm is available to any NHS staff member, no matter how old their car is or how many miles it has covered. Vauxhall has also added that it doesn’t matter if a car hasn’t been serviced and maintained at one of its dealers, either.

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/all-vauxhall-driving-nhs-workers-to-get-free-roadside-assistance

• Like 4

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not dead yet, at least I have that going for me.

I've always considered that to be the saving grace of any given day from hell :tu:

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Alone in the office  I do a lot of push ups and burpees.

My quads are going to be sore tomorrow just for reading that... :w00t:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

They deserve every bit of it and much more, to keep us all supplied they are also risking their lives. It would be nice if the news channels had segments that would give a shootout to the people who are risking their health for the greater good. It's getting a little old only hearing how many more are sick or how many are projected to die, at least for me anyways.

Peace

I'm afraid that's just the mindset of the media these days.  At least at the national level.  I think of them as vultures, frankly.  Local news tends to do a better job of trying to be for the community.  My good news is that my wife got the word that she has to work from home since Florida Gov. DeSantis called for a lockdown/stay at home.  She was spending a lot of time in the office at a hospital in Pensacola.  Now she can work in her slippers :whistle:   

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm afraid that's just the mindset of the media these days.  At least at the national level.  I think of them as vultures, frankly.  Local news tends to do a better job of trying to be for the community.  My good news is that my wife got the word that she has to work from home since Florida Gov. DeSantis called for a lockdown/stay at home.  She was spending a lot of time in the office at a hospital in Pensacola.  Now she can work in her slippers :whistle:   

Well I am glad you both are safe, and healthy nothing is more positive than that these days.

Peace

Finally feeling good enough to do the big plant swapping arounds of indoors, and started up several trays of seeds. Only a little bit late. The snowdrops are still blooming strong and the first true flush of daffodils were open this morning. Had the butter in the freezer to pull out to make up a batch of wild chive butter- the lawn is plush with tender spring chive clumps that I encourage to grow.

And at the end of today.. the gloomy morn turned out to be a clear sunset. The goldstruck verdant and fallow of the yard is delightful as ever at this time of year.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, and then said:

My quads are going to be sore tomorrow just for reading that... :w00t:

You can probably beat me

Im going to sleep right now. 

I'm having dragon fruit for breakfast... 

~

I can stand in a Post Office Que without some tradesman, right behind me,  bellowing to someone on his phone.

^_^

I posted in another thread the Australia Sikh Community - Turbans for Australia - have given 1.5 tonnes of food to the most vulnerable.  I think it's happening worldwide too.  The operation has had to change with the gatherings of two or less policy; but, they're doing what they can.

• Thanks 2

I'd say this falls into the category of positive:

Medical gear seized from 'price gougers' given to New York (BBC LIve)

"More than a half a million pieces of medical gear were seized from hoarders planning to resell them for exorbitant prices. They have now been distributed to frontline workers combating the pandemic in New York and New Jersey, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services.

Officials say that the equipment was found by FBI agents working for the Hoarding and Price Gouging Task Force. The Department of Justice, which oversees the FBI, said that the hoarders were paid a fair-market value for the personal protective equipment (PPE).

The stash includes:

• 192,000 N95 face masks
  • 598,000 medical grade gloves
  • 130,000 surgical masks

The haul also includes surgical gowns, disinfectant towels, particulate filters, bottles of hand sanitiser and spray disinfectant."

Personally, I wouldn't have given the hoarders a cent, but at least they aren't profiteering on this one.