Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs walked through Antarctic rainforest

Eldorado

1 hour ago, weaselrunner said:

No, say it isn't so. Climate change is only caused by man.....

Evidence gathered by actual scientists over the last few decades shows that human activity is effecting climate change. This is indisputable, despite the narrative fossil fuel corporations and their right wing government servants push. Saying that humans haven't influenced climate change is like saying evolution isn't influenced by natural selection, claiming the earth is flat, vaccines cause autism, or that the sun revolves around the earth. The data collected by experts just doesn't agree with any of these opinions. Period.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You would have had a point if you left out the vaccine part. Knowing mothers who have lost thier kids to them, its hard not to notice how ignorant it is for people to claim the exact opposite of the facts. Its just antiscientific to claim that it is safe to inject poisons, and that the warning sheets noting seizures and autism and death as possible reactions that doctors hand out beforehand is a lie. Do people that constantly insult anitvaxxers ever stop and realize how ignorant they sound trying to convince people who watched it kill a child that its safe and calling them stupid and equating them with flat earthers for noticing?

• Confused 1

I can see little Greta coming forward with her mind zombies. Those dino kids never had a chance. *HOW DARE YOU!!!!!*

Edited by SpaceBumZaphod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

You would have had a point if you left out the vaccine part. Knowing mothers who have lost thier kids to them, its hard not to notice how ignorant it is for people to claim the exact opposite of the facts. Its just antiscientific to claim that it is safe to inject poisons, and that the warning sheets noting seizures and autism and death as possible reactions that doctors hand out beforehand is a lie. Do people that constantly insult anitvaxxers ever stop and realize how ignorant they sound trying to convince people who watched it kill a child that its safe and calling them stupid and equating them with flat earthers for noticing?

As a parent of an autistic child, it occurs to me to wonder whether antivaxxers ever stop and realize how ignorant they are?

Harte

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Harte said:

As a parent of an autistic child, it occurs to me to wonder whether antivaxxers ever stop and realize how ignorant they are?

Harte

I guess that would depend on the person. It is pretty downright ignorant the way people act towards people who dont want to be injected with crud for wanting control of their own bodies. And downright sick seeing a woman whos child was killed by vaccines heckled and demonized when she refused to vaccinate the second. How many rights do you even have when. You dont get to decide which chemicals will be injected into your body? And what is going on in society when people are demonized for acknowledging the clearly obvious implications of large amounts of neurotoxins or that they they clearly had adverse effects? How rude is it to keep tellung people whos children are living with siezures that they are stupid for admitting that it's happening and when it started.... Even though its clearly listed as 1 of many many known effects. Like it doesnt mean people hate the idea of vaccibes, just make them safe!

Honestly I am sorry if you somehow take this personally but I fail to see why it would offend you. Thats the thing... It shouldnt be offensive that people want rights over their own bodies. Its along the lines of trump saying we can sacrifice old people for the economy. Sure these kill people but we are gambling with your life for the rest of our supposed benefit.... And what's wrong with that?

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I guess that would depend on the person. It is pretty downright ignorant the way people act towards people who dont want to be injected with crud for wanting control of their own bodies. And downright sick seeing a woman whos child was killed by vaccines heckled and demonized when she refused to vaccinate the second. How many rights do you even have when. You dont get to decide which chemicals will be injected into your body? And what is going on in society when people are demonized for acknowledging the clearly obvious implications of large amounts of neurotoxins or that they they clearly had adverse effects? How rude is it to keep tellung people whos children are living with siezures that they are stupid for admitting that it's happening and when it started.... Even though its clearly listed as 1 of many many known effects. Like it doesnt mean people hate the idea of vaccibes, just make them safe!

Honestly I am sorry if you somehow take this personally but I fail to see why it would offend you. Thats the thing... It shouldnt be offensive that people want rights over their own bodies. Its along the lines of trump saying we can sacrifice old people for the economy. Sure these kill people but we are gambling with your life for the rest of our supposed benefit.... And what's wrong with that?

Nnicolette,

Please, do some reading about vaccines. From actual medical, scientific, and educational resources. (Hint: if it ends in .edu, it's usually more accurate than if it ends in .com or .org)

Yes, there are cases of people reacting badly to vaccinations.

They are rare.

There are people whom it is unsafe to vaccinate. People with immune deficiency issues, for example.

Vaccines have saved millions of lives, almost eradicated viruses that used to be prevalent, and are not a conspiracy.

There's tons of shady things to watch out for. Big pharma does put profit before people. Vaccines are not one of these cases. Please, do some reading.

It's one (forgivable) thing to honestly not know something. It's another (unforgivable, IMO) thing to choose not to learn; to refuse evidence-based facts.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 2

EVERY drug or treatment is going to have some side effects for SOME people. The vaccines are a numbers game. Understand that on average if your child is not vaccinated their chance of dying from the disease is far greater than the chances that the vaccine will kill them. SOME are going to die either way. The numbers favor having your kids protected. It is a craps shoot. Place your bet and live with that decision but don't try to force others to believe as you do and don't be surprised if at some point you will be forced to do things that you don't believe in if it is determined that your belief is deadly to your child. Every year people try and let their kids die of treatable illnesses because their faith forbids or at least discourages treatment. If the child is lucky the courts will step in before it is too late.

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I guess that would depend on the person. It is pretty downright ignorant the way people act towards people who don't want to be injected with crud for wanting control of their own bodies. And downright sick seeing a woman who's child was killed by vaccines heckled and demonized when she refused to vaccinate the second. How many rights do you even have when. You don't get to decide which chemicals will be injected into your body? And what is going on in society when people are demonized for acknowledging the clearly obvious implications of large amounts of neurotoxins or that they they clearly had adverse effects? How rude is it to keep telling people who's children are living with seizures that they are stupid for admitting that it's happening and when it started.... Even though its clearly listed as 1 of many many known effects. Like it doesn't mean people hate the idea of vaccines, just make them safe!

Honestly I am sorry if you somehow take this personally but I fail to see why it would offend you. That's the thing... It shouldn't be offensive that people want rights over their own bodies. Its along the lines of trump saying we can sacrifice old people for the economy. Sure these kill people but we are gambling with your life for the rest of our supposed benefit.... And what's wrong with that?

Do us all a favor. When they come out with a coronavirus vaccine, do not get it. Just don't. Don't be a hypocrite.

Just to add I fixed some of the grammar mistakes in the quoted above. 

• Like 1

I was looking through the Antarctic rain forest of eons past for evidence of dinosaurs and I stumbled into a vaccination argument.  Go figure.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I was looking through the Antarctic rain forest of eons past for evidence of dinosaurs and I stumbled into a vaccination argument.  Go figure.  

Due to ancient nuclear war among dinosaur tribes which caused the ice age, the dinosaur actually went extinct due to vaccination and fluoride. True story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the prehistoric world would've been a sight to behold. Equal part beauty and sheer terror. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

As a autistic person myself, I wonder the same...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

You would have had a point if you left out the vaccine part. Knowing mothers who have lost thier kids to them, its hard not to notice how ignorant it is for people to claim the exact opposite of the facts. Its just antiscientific to claim that it is safe to inject poisons, and that the warning sheets noting seizures and autism and death as possible reactions that doctors hand out beforehand is a lie. Do people that constantly insult anitvaxxers ever stop and realize how ignorant they sound trying to convince people who watched it kill a child that its safe and calling them stupid and equating them with flat earthers for noticing?

Happens in the womb. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Happens in the womb. 

Thanks, friend. It's my belief that autism isn't inflicted by a vaccination, injection, etc. It's a thing that is developmental. Actual facts seem to support my beliefs...That's why I have them. If I am wrong, I think scientists (rather than woo-salespeople) will enlighten me.

PS: It's also my belief that autistic people are not something to be feared or hated. I know a few, and **** off to people thinking being autistic makes you less of a human.

Edited by Seti42
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Thanks, friend. It's my belief that autism isn't inflicted by a vaccination, injection, etc. It's a thing that is developmental. Actual facts seem to support my beliefs...That's why I have them. If I am wrong, I think scientists (rather than woo-salespeople) will enlighten me.

There is no way that many physical changes in the brain can be made so late in development. 

And since mine is a symptom of a chromosomal disorder it happened in the first stages of development. 

Crust displacement?

This theory always fascinated me.  I accept this is most likely just climate change but could the poles ever receive enough sunlight to get warm?  Plus with the Earths 23 degree tilt you have the issue of large periods of time without much sunlight.

I understand that even Einstein became interested in the possibility the Earths crust could move as a whole rather than just the plates.  I think one theory was if you have enough build up of ice at the poles the weight could cause a slip.

Edit:  Just had to check I was not being stupid.  The Earth got its tilt around 4.5 Billion years ago and Pangea split 330 million years ago.  So Antarctica should have been in near enough darkness 6 months of the year.  How could a forest flourish? 

Edited by skookum

1 hour ago, skookum said:

Crust displacement?

This theory always fascinated me.  I accept this is most likely just climate change but could the poles ever receive enough sunlight to get warm?  Plus with the Earths 23 degree tilt you have the issue of large periods of time without much sunlight.

I understand that even Einstein became interested in the possibility the Earths crust could move as a whole rather than just the plates.  I think one theory was if you have enough build up of ice at the poles the weight could cause a slip.

Edit:  Just had to check I was not being stupid.  The Earth got its tilt around 4.5 Billion years ago and Pangea split 330 million years ago.  So Antarctica should have been in near enough darkness 6 months of the year.  How could a forest flourish? 

The breakup of Pangea began in the Early Jurassic c. 200-180 Ma, not at 330 Ma in the Carboniferous (not sure where that came from). At 90 Ma in the Late Cretaceous parts of Antarctica were still located farther north than the present, hence the warmer temperatures.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skookum said:

Crust displacement?

Einstein knew as much about plate tectonics and geology in general as he did about the plot of the 333rd episode of The Simpsons ;)  

So Antarctica should have been in near enough darkness 6 months of the year.  How could a forest flourish?

Why do you think trees that shed their leaves and lie dormant for half the year evolved?   

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 10:45 AM, Nnicolette said:

You sound like the people who don't wear seat belts because they heard of a person who was killed by the seat belt.   

It's all an odds thing.   I was vaccinated and have not had polio, measles, diphtheria, mumps or type B influenza.   

• Like 1

Would be so amazing to be able to explore all of history as an observer in the after-life. No time/eternity makes you wonder if you can visit �time� at any point in time.