Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First Chinese city to ban eating cats & dogs

Still Waters

3 hours ago, and then said:

Snake, I'd REALLY have to be hungry to eat.  Occasionally I see gator on a menu but never tried it.  What does it taste like?  How was it cooked?  I did have a Bison burger once out in the Texas panhandle next to New Mexico.  Tasted great.  Like lean beef.

Snake is weird, but i like it. Almost like a tough, bland chicken. It's good barbecued. I odn't like it breaded and fried. Gator is like a chewy chicken with just a hint of fishiness. Like frogs legs. 

• Like 3

On 4/2/2020 at 7:08 AM, Still Waters said:

Shenzhen has become the first Chinese city to ban the sale and consumption of dog and cat meat.

It comes after the coronavirus outbreak was linked to wildlife meat, prompting Chinese authorities to ban the trade and consumption of wild animals.

Shenzhen went a step further, extending the ban to dogs and cats. The new law will come into force on 1 May.

Thirty million dogs a year are killed across Asia for meat, says Humane Society International (HSI).

However, the practice of eating dog meat in China is not that common - the majority of Chinese people have never done so and say don't want to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-52131940

Question:  how could anyone possibly know what the majority of Chinese people think?   What you see in the 'cities' is NOT representative of China.  China is a very poor country.  They eat anything that walks or crawls because it is better to have a little protein with the little rice they have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/3/2020 at 3:40 AM, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Snake is weird, but i like it. Almost like a tough, bland chicken. It's good barbecued. I odn't like it breaded and fried. Gator is like a chewy chicken with just a hint of fishiness. Like frogs legs. 

The only Snake I have ever eaten is Rattlesnake, when I was still on active duty at one point I was stationed at Ft. Stewart Ga. I had a good old boy that I worked with, we caught a few while in the field. It's actually pretty good, you just have to remember to cut the head off 2.5 to 3 inches from the tip of the nose so that you ensure the poison sacks are removed.

Peace

• Like 2

I also happy to hear that news!

Korea, Japan, China are all eating cats and dogs.

Most people don't eat cats and dogs, we are also civilized, and tend to think dogs and cats are not to be considered as food, rather family.

But always 10% of people eat cats and dogs especially old people.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 3:48 AM, Not Your Huckleberry said:

Raccoons, possums, squirrel, rabbit, snake, turtle, gator...people eat that stuff all the time, especially in rural areas. You can get some odd looks if you mention eating any of those, too. 

i'd have to be pretty hunger to eat any of that. I believe that somethings just shouldn't be eaten. Bat comes to mind...

Edited by Captain Risky