Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox News coverage a ‘danger to public health’

Eldorado

They straight up fired one of their hosts for calling it a democratic scam and another attempt to impeach dear leader. 

• Haha 4

Spoiler

Trump proved he's not a leader beyond all doubt. Here's the proof:
Source: Fox News
Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China.”
Source: CNBC
Feb. 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China. It’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 5: Trump administration officials declined an offer of early congressional funding assistance for Covid-19 from Democratic Senators. The officials, including Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar,** said they “didn’t need emergency funding, that they would be able to handle it within existing appropriations.”
Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Source: Twitter
Feb. 25: “CDC & my administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb. 25: “I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away. They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine. So I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away.”
Feb. 26: “We’re going very substantially down, not up.”
Source: The White House
Feb. 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”Trump made this remark during a press conference in the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room. At the time, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was warning that COVID-19 would spread across the United States.
Source: CNN
Feb. 28: “We’re ordering a lot of supplies. We’re ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn’t be ordering unless it was something like this. But we’re ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don’t think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
Trump asked this question during a meeting with pharmaceutical executives and public health officials. One of the health officials flatly responded: No.
Source: Vox
March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
Source: CBS News
March 5: “I never said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
Trump’s “work” comment caused significant controversy, leading Trump to clarify his remarks on Twitter.
March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
Trump made this remark while touring the CDC facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Here’s a larger excerpt of Trump’s comment from the White House’s record: I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down. We’ve really been very vigilant, and we’ve done a tremendous job at keeping to down.
But who would have thought? Look, how long ago is it? Six, seven, eight weeks ago — who would have thought we would even be having the subject? We were going to hit 30,000 on the Dow like it was clockwork. Right? It was all going — it was right up, and then all of a sudden, this came out.
March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. And the tests are beautiful. They are perfect just like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
This comment also came during Trump’s visit to the CDC facility in Atlanta, Georgia. At the time, the United States had only conducted about 2,000 coronavirus tests.
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
Again, this comment was made during Trump’s visit to the CDC in Georgia.
March 6: “I don’t need to have the numbers double b/c of 1 ship that wasn’t our fault.”
Again, this comment was made as Trump toured the CDC facility in Georgia. At the time, the Grand Princess cruise ship was being held off the coast of San Francisco, California, and carrying passengers sickened with COVID-19.
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on Coronavirus.”This comment was published on Trump’s Twitter account.
March 9: “The Fake News media & their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power to inflame the Coronavirus situation.”
March 10: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 13: National Emergency Declaration.

-Why is he thinking about a lockdown. We only have 15 cases. It’s all going to disappear and we’ll be at 0 soon,

-It is inevitable. Should have been done at least a month ago! Many lives would have been spared! Every day we delay costs more lives.......!

https://news.yahoo.com/a-national-lockdown-to-stop-coronavirus-trump-is-thinking-about-doing-that-005735559.html

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

They straight up fired one of their hosts for calling it a democratic scam and another attempt to impeach dear leader. 

I heard the President state that the media's reporting was another hoax.  He never said or implied that the virus itself was a hoax.  Do you recall who the reporter was they fired?  I hadn't heard that.  I did notice today that Dr. Birx admitted that they (the CDC team) didn't understand how infectious Sars-Cov-2 was until just recently.  That was depressing but considering the lack of data or truth coming out of China, I can't blame our people for being slow on the uptake.  

As to the attempt to Impeach again, that's accurate as of today.  Both Pelosi and Schiff are working toward starting new investigations of Trump and the coronavirus response.  I'm at a loss for outrage any longer.  If they really want to drag this country through that again, using the media to pound Trump while thousands of Americans are dying or burying their dead then so be it.  Nothing they do surprises me any longer.  His numbers keep slowly ticking up and he's even making some inroads into Dem voters.  The Ds have fired every gun they have and the people are mostly tired of it.  A lot of us are sick to death of it.  FWIW, I support a thorough, bipartisan commission to study our government's handling of this situation, including an in depth investigation into China's actions.  IMO, our national response could not have been appreciably increased considering the need to inform without panicking the people.  Could the overall coordination have been, BE, better?  Of course.  We can always improve.  I think that this investigation by Pelosi and Schiff will be as obviously hyper partisan as everything else has been.  The difference is that Americans who aren't insane with Trump hatred have already seen this movie and really aren't interested in watching it again while worried about their future, their lives and the lives of their loved ones.

I really think that if the Dem leadership takes this tack again, it's possible that Trump could even win a Blue state or two.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They fired Trish Regan.

Talking inflammatory rhetoric and spouting bull**** is not a victimless crime.

I guess even Faux is aware of that much...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Coil said:

Why is he thinking about a lockdown. We only have 15 cases. It’s all going to disappear and we’ll be at 0 soon,

-It is inevitable. Should have been done at least a month ago! Many lives would have been spared! Every day we delay costs more lives.......!

Yeah, a LOT of Americans are dying and many more will do so.  It's a novel virus which no one has immunity to.  The world has watched and listened to this president riffing on stage or in Twitter.  He hasn't changed.  Those who want to parse his every word and indict him with them, go for it.  It's been tried by every enemy he has including roughly 97% of media coverage.  

Here's the thing, and you really should absorb this.  Half the voters at least, elected this man because of what he WASN'T.  He wasn't a professional swamp dwelling politician with polished lies delivered in smooth cadence.  He was a loud, somewhat obnoxious cage fighter that wasn't afraid of the media or the Dems.  His speaking style can best be described as "stream of consciousness".  In his first couple of years he turned the economy around and had it practically overheating.  He got rid of huge numbers of regulations that were designed to cripple business.  

His enemies have been relentless in a way I've never seen in my 59 years.  It's been damned near HOMERIC.  95+ % negative coverage since he was elected.  That is unprecedented.  Those who shrug and say all presidents get that treatment are either lying or at best, ignorant.  The Dems have attempted to stall or derail every effort he has made, usually by judge shopping in Blue districts and getting hacks to issue injunctions.  He has won and seen every one of these efforts overturned  EVERY ONE.

He endured 2 years of abuse at the hands of a 5th column media and traitorous FBI and CIA who colluded to destroy his candidacy and then his presidency.  They finally impeached him because of a phone call with a foreign leader.  That failed as well.  Now, I understand that those who hate the man feel that he deserves everything that's been done to him.  You guys have that right.  You can feel any way you like.  The mistake you've all been making and repeating ad nauseum for 3 years is that the other HALF of the nation and more importantly, the majority of voters in the majority of states, believe he has been a good president and that he has overall done outstanding things for Americans of every stripe.

I'll make a prediction.  In these coming days of darkness, fear and uncertainty, more Americans will appreciate his handling of this scourge than will hate him for his perceived shortcomings.  The reason I believe this is that Americans still are fundamentally fair when judging the efforts of our leaders.  Those who are dismayed and decide he might have done more, sooner, will inevitably look at what he accomplished prior to the  pandemic and look at his competition before they decide who to hand the office to in November. 

You can despise the man forever but condemning him for lack of leadership is a waste of time.  We've seen his leadership.  We've witnessed him overcoming every challenge.   Those who are hoping this scourge will take him out, are just morally bankrupt human beings and they deserve shame.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, and then said:

Both Pelosi and Schiff are working toward starting new investigations of Trump and the coronavirus response.

As they should, and it should be backed by the republicans. The issue is america is that you cannot investigate the Administration's response without investigating Trump's response. 

More than likely even Boris with his 80 strong majority will commission an independent investigation into its handling, there will probably be investigations in France and Ireland and other countries. 

Yesterday the UK health minister, admitted the government here made mistakes, all countries have made mistakes most likely. It is incumbent that governments learn from their response and learn how better to prepare themselves for a repeat pandemic. 

But I will criticise the Democrats for being too fast out of the blocks, the time to call for and establish an investigation is after the crisis is under control. Unless of course it proves that a government is failing to bring it under control. But in most cases its too early to make such  a claim imo.

Edited by RAyMO

2 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

As they should, and it should be backed by the republicans.

I agree and I said so.  I think reasonable, concerned individuals might like to allow him to do his job during this real crisis without assembling yet another partisan commission and relentlessly subpoenaing his staff, all documents, demanding testimony in real-time DURING a crisis.  That is the difference.  If you think that behavior is acceptable and beneficial for our nation then we just disagree.  I firmly believe that the voters are going to agree with me...

7 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

will commission an independent investigation

Totally reasonable response.  It's that whole "independent" aspect of an investigation that believe is literally impossible in DC today.  

• Like 3

Just now, and then said:

I agree and I said so.  I think reasonable, concerned individuals might like to allow him to do his job during this real crisis without assembling yet another partisan commission and relentlessly subpoenaing his staff, all documents, demanding testimony in real-time DURING a crisis.  That is the difference.  If you think that behavior is acceptable and beneficial for our nation then we just disagree.  I firmly believe that the voters are going to agree with me...

We agree on this point, as I said, once things have settled down or further down the line if they fail to settle down. An investigation is required but imo not now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"In an open letter to Fox News heads Rupert Murdoch and Lachlan Murdoch, a group of 74 professors of journalism and journalists have called the network’s coverage of the coronavirus pandemic a “danger to public health”.

"The letter says that Fox News is endangering its own viewers, the average age of whom is 65, making them one of the two most at-risk groups to experience complications if they contract the virus.

"“Viewers of Fox News, including the president of the United States, have been regularly subjected to misinformation relayed by the network—false statements downplaying the prevalence of Covid-19 and its harms; misleading recommendations of activities that people should undertake to protect themselves and others, including casual recommendations of untested drugs; false assessments of the value of measures urged upon the public by their elected political leadership and public health authorities,” the letter says."

Full story at the UK Independent: Link

And at The Hill: Link

MSNBC are no better, here's one of their 'reporters' spreading fake news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Totally reasonable response.  It's that whole "independent" aspect of an investigation that believe is literally impossible in DC today.  

Agree again, but this has been such, in my opinion for quite a long time in DC. Its sad, in so far as it is crippling your government  at least to an extent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quiXilver said:

They fired Trish Regan.

Talking inflammatory rhetoric and spouting bull**** is not a victimless crime.

I guess even Faux is aware of that much...

And yet, curiously, everything she said appears to be coming true ? 

• Like 3

FOUR MORE YEARS! 

FOUR MORE YEARS! 

FOUR MORE YEARS! 

~

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"In an open letter to Fox News heads Rupert Murdoch and Lachlan Murdoch, a group of 74 professors of journalism and journalists have called the network’s coverage of the coronavirus pandemic a “danger to public health”.

"The letter says that Fox News is endangering its own viewers, the average age of whom is 65, making them one of the two most at-risk groups to experience complications if they contract the virus.

"“Viewers of Fox News, including the president of the United States, have been regularly subjected to misinformation relayed by the network—false statements downplaying the prevalence of Covid-19 and its harms; misleading recommendations of activities that people should undertake to protect themselves and others, including casual recommendations of untested drugs; false assessments of the value of measures urged upon the public by their elected political leadership and public health authorities,” the letter says."

Hmm.. I dunno. I don't watch Fox news, just the occasional clip of Tucker Carlson - and occasionally The Five - on youtube. 

Thing is, the report singles out Tucker Carlson for specific criticism, in particular for highlighting untested potential cures. Well, I think I saw those episodes, and all he did was question orthodoxy. He didn't encourage people to go out and get any particular drug; he merely asked why - in the face of international evidence - the USA Food and Drug administration seemed slow to follow this up ? 

I couldn't be bothered to look up the names of the "Journalists and professors", but one can't help but wonder what their own political leanings are. I suspect they are all left-wing and anti-Trump ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, a LOT of Americans are dying and many more will do so.  It's a novel virus which no one has immunity to.  The world has watched and listened to this president riffing on stage or in Twitter.  He hasn't changed.His enemies have been relentless in a way I've never seen in my 59 years.

They finally impeached him because of a phone call with a foreign leader.  That failed as well.

I also think that the opposition rebelled against Trump from the very beginning of his presidency but Trump's behavior itself is not exemplary for a politician.

If he had a complaint against Biden’s son, it was necessary to formally appeal to the Attorney General and not to press on the Ukrainian president using the official position ... but this is not a reason to impeach him so it does not pose any serious threat such as high treason.
Measures regarding the coronavirus are unsatisfactory, quarantine had to be introduced earlier and now there are too many infected and dying and the situation will force Trump to be more decisive. This coronavirus may be for Trump the biggest drop in his rating and the opposition will not miss the moment to take advantage of this.Personally, I would like for you to have a new president since Trump is clearly playing along with Putin.

Edited by Coil

10 minutes ago, Coil said:

I also think that the opposition rebelled against Trump from the very beginning of his presidency but Trump's behavior itself is not exemplary for a politician.

Ahhh... but that's the thing. He ISN'T a traditional politician. He didn't study politics at university, he didn't work in government, he's never been a state governor. He's never learned to filter his thoughts before they get to his mouth. He's never had "political correctness" drilled into him.

This is both a weakness, but also a great strength

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Trump is a businessman. For him, economics are more important than human lives. That's what is bad.
Therefore, at a critical moment, a politician would quickly make an unpopular decision but Trump did not feel the threat,  and where is it asked to stick his "great streghts" if you need it just at that moment ?! Even our president Zelenskiy, not being a politician, had previously quarantined and removed people from other countries and then blocked the borders.There does not need a lot of mind to think correctly but Trump can’t.

If this virus does have an HIV chain inside, it will be difficult to find a vaccine because the virus enters the cell mimicking a healthy particle
cheating the cells of the body and inside the cells you can’t get it anymore therefore treatment measures can only support immunity and forced ventilation in critical days for a person between 21-28 when the fate of a person is decided.

Edited by Coil
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Coil said:
Trump is a businessman. For him, economics are more important than human lives. That's what is bad

Ahh.. sorry.. my mistake. I didn't realise you where a telepath, and therefore able to understand his thought processes. 

43 minutes ago, Coil said:
Therefore, at a critical moment, a politician would quickly make an unpopular decision but Trump did not feel the threat,  ....

That's.. an interesting analysis, @Coil. I would have argued that a politician would be LESS likely to grasp the nettle, and MORE likely to dither, trying to work out the strength of public reaction to the "unpopular decision", and its impact on his/her future electoral chances. 

Somebody like President Trump, on the other hand, might be less attuned to such political nuances, and might be more likely to make the 'correct' decision promptly. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Talking inflammatory rhetoric and spouting bull**** 

That's literally all fox does

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Eldorado said:

For those who dont know Fox News is on the right and is a supporter of Trump.

This is a politically motivated attack against the channel. If you dont believe me all you have to do is read Trump articles from those other media sources then investigate to find the actual Trump speeches on YouTube and you will notice they lie and distort everything he says. Americans know the score, they know the only channel that doesnt constantly try to character assassinate Trump is Fox News.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

MSNBC are no better, here's one of their 'reporters' spreading fake news.

Maddow is an obnoxious b****, but to be fair, she's also not a reporter. She has an opinion show, like hannity, kkkarlson, or one of the others on fox.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That's.. an interesting analysis, @Coil. I would have argued that a politician would be LESS likely to grasp the nettle, and MORE likely to dither, trying to work out the strength of public reaction to the "unpopular decision", and its impact on his/her future electoral chances. 

Somebody like President Trump, on the other hand, might be less attuned to such political nuances, and might be more likely to make the 'correct' decision promptly. 

By taking unpopular measures, the president may temporarily lose his rating but after citizens seeing a low mortality rate in the country after the virus leaves, they will appreciate its precautions but if you don’t take the necessary measures, missing the time, the number of deaths will be so large that a sane people will quickly draw conclusions about the “effectiveness” of the president and his rating will fall so low that the election result will be known in advance. Someone from Trump’s entourage needed to say directly or you go to extreme measures or you can say goodbye with the presidency because it only comes to such people when it personally threatens them.
The complexity of the situation is that many Americans live from paycheck to paycheck without having savings for several months, therefore it is more difficult to stop work in the country than in other countries.
In Ukraine, pensioners will be given 1 thousand hryvnias at a time.

Edited by Coil

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Or maybe Trump thinks this way: about 100-200 thousand people will die and millions will lose their jobs, so for me it is more profitable to miss 200 thousand votes than lose millions unemployed people in the election?

• Confused 1

Fox is indeed worried about lawsuits arising from their "misleading" corona virus coverage: https://www.salon.com/2020/03/30/fox-news-concerned-about-potential-legal-action-over-its-misleading-coronavirus-coverage-report/

Firing Trish Regan was more of a "cover your rear" maneuver for them. https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-business-network-fires-trish-regan-after-coronavirus-impeachment-scam-rant

(Ironically she was fired for having a similar rant to what And Then posted.)

Hannity was also on the hot seat but has now done a 360: https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannity-with-a-straight-face-claims-he-has-always-taken-the-coronavirus-seriously

But in the end nothing will really happen to them.  Some of their viewers may die but no legal case could really be made against them.  Most of the people talking on the shows are "commentators" and not reporters.  Hannity for instance is a commentator- he is basically there just to interpret the news in a conservative fashion for his viewers.  As such, what he says is construed as "opinion" and not fact. 

• Like 3