Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lockdown causes Earth's crust to fall silent

UM-Bot

I feel like this is what we should be looking for in the search for inhabited planets. If we found a way to scan the vibrations and search for planets with "hums" about them, it would be a great way to assess the level of activity!

Much more encompassing than scanning for radio signals somebody broadcasted.

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I feel like this is what we should be looking for in the search for inhabited planets. If we found a way to scan the vibrations and search for planets with "hums" about them, it would be a great way to assess the level of activity!

And the celestial body`s vibrations get transmitted through the vacuum of space how? Curious (a)

Please explain why. Curious (b)

• Like 3

The last quote didn't make sense. That last quote said we would carpool? We will want to go to work as single passenger from now on 1 car 1 person!

Edited by cerberusxp
Change

37 minutes ago, toast said:

And the celestial body`s vibrations get transmitted through the vacuum of space how? Curious (a)

Well it's a pretty straightforward and obvious notion, i didnt claim to have any idea how they are measuring and rating our vibrations.

And is it not blisteringly obvious why forms of life would be more likely to move about than to broadcast radio signals?

If you don't get that notion im not sure i have the capacity to define common sense.

45 minutes ago, toast said:

Then you have the issue of a planets possible natural tectonic activity. 

• Like 2

This statement is ridiculous. Earths magnetic field oscillations alone can cause variations in the earth's crust

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

And is it not blisteringly obvious why forms of life would be more likely to move about than to broadcast radio signals?

I think you missed this:

Normally, the vibrations produced by cars, factories, construction works and humans simply going about their daily business cause the planet's outer layer to vibrate or 'hum'.

It is likely that life forms which use vehicles, factories and do construction works will have communication channels based on the  electromagnetic spectrum, means, radio signals.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Meenwhile here in Sweden we live and go on in our daily lives as we have allways done..
As if covid 19 never existed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Eeeeehhhh and just how ..... can you explain how.......
and how.....
Ehhh just forget it...... 

5 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

This statement is ridiculous. Earths magnetic field oscillations alone can cause variations in the earth's crust

It is borderline climate change dogma, of course it is ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Meenwhile here in Sweden we live and go on in our daily lives as we have allways done..
As if covid 19 never existed...

I wish l lived there, considering our Dictator Dan Premier,and his just as stupid, virus/global warming lacky are doing to our state.

:huh:

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Then you have the issue of a planets possible natural tectonic activity. 

Good point, I considered that but postulate that it would be less like the hum of lots of activity and more like large movements here and there. Wouldn't hurt to identify tectonically active planets if we could too, i mean it used to be considered an indicator of habitability, i think this idea may have changed a bit, but it still is a sign of internal warmth which could very well facilitate a habitable range under the surface of such a place that might otherwise be too distant from it's star.

17 hours ago, toast said:

I think you missed this:

It is likely that life forms which use vehicles, factories and do construction works will have communication channels based on the  electromagnetic spectrum, means, radio signals.

The fact that vehicles and factories were included doesn't mean that "humans going about their daily lives" was excluded. If you have ever witnessed a beehive or mass of insects humming it would be pretty obvious that they did not need vehicles for their collective movements to be heard. Try reading comprehensively, i think you missed what I said.

Why can't you grasp the fact that life that moves... Is obviously more abundant and likely than life that uses radiowaves specifically to communicate?

Also I dont know why me saying "if we found a way" needs to be followed with all the demands for how my invention works lol i am not in the field but if i have to guess i would say frequencies are measure by wavelength and speed,  so theoretically all we need to measure pitches of planets is a view of thier refracted light... Kind of like how they determine the composition of far off planets. Or perhaps you just have to send a lander and measure seismology, as we are presently doing with mars.

Edited by Nnicolette

21 hours ago, toast said:

We might be able to detect a signal in radio waves modulated by a vibrating surface.  Such has been used before to "hear" sound produced by a celestial body.

Of course, there are lots of things that could produce such a sound.  How would we know what an inhabited plant sounds like?

Doug

I'm not surprised to hear that the earth is quieter.  We make all sorts of low-intensity sound.  Anheuser-Busch has to inform the local seismic station every time they take the Clydes for a gallop.

Doug