Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
EU1B1UE

Identify this crystal

EU1B1UE

Just before my mother has gifted me this beautiful sweet scented gem in which I would like to know its identity and possibly its spiritual properties of it. 

I am unable to provide a picture has it doesn’t meet the system requirements so I’ll describe it the best I can. 

Its a black geode that has a deep blue coloured crystal crust within it. 

Not A Rockstar

With no picture I could not hazard a guess. "Deep blue crust" could be anything from azurite to lapis crystallization, or something else.

Here is a decent site to learn some basics about Geodes. https://www.gemselect.com/gem-info/agate-geode/agate-geode-gemstone-information-and-education.php

Stiff
ChrLzs

Agate, amethyst, chalcedony...  Most likely agate, amethyst usually has a pink or purple tone, chalcedony less common as crystals and tends to be a pale blue.

Google up some geodes and pick the nearest.  Or take it your nearest metro museum or mineralogy/gemstone club.

jules99

A lot of crystal is stained different colors also to make it more desirable/saleable...

• Like 4