Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twins born in India named 'Corona and Covid'

Still Waters

A couple in India have named their twins born amid the global coronavirus pandemic Corona and Covid.

The siblings - a girl and a boy - were born to Preeti and Vinay Verma in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh on 27 March during the ongoing nationwide lockdown, according to NDTV.

"The delivery happened after facing several difficulties and therefore, my husband and I wanted to make the day memorable," the twins' 27-year-old mother told news agency Press Trust of India.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-twins-born-during-india-lockdown-named-corona-and-covid-11968479

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

A couple in India have named their twins born amid the global coronavirus pandemic Corona and Covid.

The siblings - a girl and a boy - were born to Preeti and Vinay Verma in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh on 27 March during the ongoing nationwide lockdown, according to NDTV.

"The delivery happened after facing several difficulties and therefore, my husband and I wanted to make the day memorable," the twins' 27-year-old mother told news agency Press Trust of India.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-twins-born-during-india-lockdown-named-corona-and-covid-11968479

Older siblings Cholera, Malaria and Ebola are all doing fine.

Edited by micahc
  • Haha 7

@third_eye You were right!!!!   yikes.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stiff said:

@third_eye You were right!!!!   yikes.gif

Yes Master Stiff... now calm down before they ejaculate you... 

[00.04:59]

~

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Yes Master Stiff... now calm down before they ejaculate you... 

~

A little backstory to this little joke. 

This little tale took place back in my school days, the class was getting rowdy and the class monitor made that Freudian slip, in front of the whole class, she was teased so mercilessly that she didn't show up for a few days. We ended up having to send flowers and cards to apologize and one of her pals read an open letter to her in front of the class (I was not there, I was home watching match of the week )

:D 

When she returned we were all well behaved little terrors, for a week or so. 

:lol:

I do miss those days of insoluble innocence... 

~

• Haha 4

Hate to be downer but if this stuff burns through India and Africa like it could, they may regret having their poor kids names being a daily reminder forever... As bad as it has been in Italy and Spain, the healthcare system deficiencies and the population density in India, especially, could make it a nightmare :(