Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peruvian stone walls

Geomy

2 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

Why all this rambling? Just get to the point. 

Well, I kinda think this rambling is not only a good place to exercise a little creative writing as I do like to talk too much at times, I dunno, bit of an extrovert or something like that, but also necessary  for which to convey this said and sought after point. 

Is there more important stuff for you to do right now? 

Like attend the social distancing party down the road or rush madly down the aisles of some supermarket that has some ****ing toilet paper left they weren't aware of and put on sale, whilst breathing in the misty,  moist virus laden air from the lungs of fellow paper hunters afore ye?

3 hours ago, lightly said:

Hi Geomy,  I started a topic on this too when I was brand new here ,because I was once completely baffled and mystified by the level of craftsmanship and amount of work obviously put into the Incan stonework of " those" walls !    And other stonework from that time and area,  I still am extremely impressed !   Many others were not, and are not, so impressed.   To each his own I guess.  ? Anyway, I'd like to hear your idea.  

Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geomy said:

Before me was a shot of a rock wall. One I recognized as the exposed mass of granite or basalt , perhaps weathered granite or some of the several forms of igneous material left standing after the fissure bearing rock that surrounded had long disappeared to time and the rigors of erosion and weathering. Limestone or marble, not exactly sure. 

I wondered what the interest was in this large face of naturally formed unusual looking rock with the almost manmade looking creases and folds that were formed in the slow cooling process it underwent after being injected into some crack deep within our very much alive, hot, fiery planet some time back in the Jurrasic age or further.

It was the workmanship of the rock carvers of the Peruvian rock walls so masterfully and cleverly created with hammer and arm to finish off where nature had started.

You would appear to be insinuating that the structures you are referring to are a product of the modification of an intrusive igneous dike. Unfortunately, if you will conduct a bit of research, you will find photographic documentation of dislodged individual blocks, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Geomy, are you insinuating that the "walls" are natural formations?    in Multiple locations, with variations in style (due to time and location built)    

5 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

Who isn't impressed by their stonework? It's very remarkable for the time. But that doesn't mean there is not a simple explanation for how it's done. 

My memory is Not what it used to be....would you mind, please, to briefly give me/us the simple explanation of how the stones were shaped ....and moved?     (and no one has ever adequately explained to me the purpose of odd dimples or indentations on the surfaces...if you know what I'm referring to....if not..that's ok..forget it.)

and ,I have to say that the work is very remarkable for any time?  ...using the same teqniques ...I would love to see some people   Today  duplicate a large section of the same type walls.... Like the ones in Cuzco...or at Puma Punku ! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Geomy said:

It was the workmanship of the rock carvers of the Peruvian rock walls so masterfully and cleverly created with hammer and arm to finish off where nature had started.

Hammerstone. They were pecked and polished.

Then fitted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lightly said:

and ,I have to say that the work is very remarkable for any time?  ...using the same teqniques ...I would love to see some people   Today  duplicate a large section of the same type walls.... Like the ones in Cuzco...or at Puma Punku ! 

It takes one person two months to peck out and polish a greenstone axe. Time constraints and manpower would negate such a large experiment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Geomy said:

Well, I kinda think this rambling is not only a good place to exercise a little creative writing as I do like to talk too much at times, I dunno, bit of an extrovert or something like that, but also necessary  for which to convey this said and sought after point. 

Is there more important stuff for you to do right now? 

Like attend the social distancing party down the road or rush madly down the aisles of some supermarket that has some ****ing toilet paper left they weren't aware of and put on sale, whilst breathing in the misty,  moist virus laden air from the lungs of fellow paper hunters afore ye?

It's not helpful. In fact, the rambling is only wasting our time, as this is not a creative writing class. 

I'll inform you of the simple solutions tomorrow when I have more time on my hands. It's very late where I live. 

• Like 5

So, to get to the finished product faster than pecking and polishing, are you suggesting that  these large stones are in fact faux features carved into and existing prepared stone surface?  You might even assuage Swede if you posited that to fill in the blanks some smaller stones had to be cut and fit into gaps and fell out over time.

So, again in the interest of time, do you think suitable rock formations existed in these places before  they were modified?   That should be easy to ascertain beyond question.  If not, it blows the idea, if so then you are one step closer but still not home free.

Welcome to UM.

• Like 6

Blame it on a rainy Saturday afternoon but I was imagining the delicious irony of confronting Hancock and von Daniken with the blunder of claiming unknown alien technology when it was in fact a piece of trompe l'oeil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Geomy said:

Yeah, Brian Forstner probably already knows this but skillfully avoids it in his earnest explanations so as to not harm book sales as he ascertains rigidity in maintaining a realistic viewpoint from which to stem from, yet doesn't mind telling folks about those tunnels that make people go nuts or the mystical mysterious ****ing secret keepers of whatever rock chasm and such and all that good **** about stuff that's irrelevant t yet interesting and keeps people listening.

And that's a rather needed thing to keeping the secret a secret is it not? 

So he knows the secret but isn't telling anyone about it for 'reasons' but is telling you. Is that what you are saying?

I find it completely unbelievable that good old Brien would hold back anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hanslune said:

I find it completely unbelievable that good old Brien would hold back any new woo anyone was making up

:yes:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Blame it on a rainy Saturday afternoon but I was imagining the delicious irony of confronting Hancock and von Daniken with the blunder of claiming unknown alien technology when it was in fact a piece of trompe l'oeil.

I feel ashamed sometimes that I actually read Erich Von Danikens book Chariots of the Gods 20+ years ago! lol What a wild ride! Disturbing, yet somewhat interesting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lightly said:

and no one has ever adequately explained to me the purpose of odd dimples or indentations on the surfaces...

To make them cute?

4 hours ago, Piney said:

It takes one person two months to peck out and polish a greenstone axe. Time constraints and manpower would negate such a large experiment. 

I hope you're not estimating that from best personal time...

https://books.google.com/books?id=rEE9AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA72&lpg=PA72&dq=pecking+an+axe+time&source=bl&ots=QlCaiirXtP&sig=ACfU3U0uzieukbH4RYesH12rg_hrb0L9PA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUmPqoodDoAhUbbs0KHWxKA04Q6AEwAXoECA0QKA#v=onepage&q=pecking an axe time&f=false

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, drakonwick said:

I feel ashamed sometimes that I actually read Erich Von Danikens book Chariots of the Gods 20+ years ago! lol What a wild ride! Disturbing, yet somewhat interesting. 

30+ (probably close to 40) for me, but I found myself saying "Oh, come on", and "WTF" so often, I stopped reading after less than half the book.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gaden said:

30+ (probably close to 40) for me, but I found myself saying "Oh, come on", and "WTF" so often, I stopped reading after less than half the book.

Yeah, I should have done the same! It's easy to understand how some people's minds can be warped with this nonsense.

2 hours ago, drakonwick said:

Don't be.  In my 20's and 30's I looked at a lot of books like this.  I was hoping somebody had found something.  Sadly, our doubts and some knowledge of technology make us skeptical of these claims.  I wanted to believe Hancock too, but alas,  it does not hold up well.

When my son was about 10 on the ride home from school one day he said that Norse mythology seemed a lot more interesting and cool that Christian stuff.  

I think a lot of us have some yearning even as we grow up  for dragons and giants, ancient civilizations and hidden tombs with magic swords and rings.  It is still fun to think about, but its no fun to be deceived by misinformation.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, drakonwick said:

I fell for that also, but then I found this place and now I'm ok.

• Like 5

That's a good thing! There are lots of very intelligent people here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Swede said:

You would appear to be insinuating that the structures you are referring to are a product of the modification of an intrusive igneous dike. Unfortunately, if you will conduct a bit of research, you will find photographic documentation of dislodged individual blocks, etc.

Ok. Good point and thanks. Not all of the walls are this way. They are sectional. Just the noteworthy impossible looking g work is of this nature. More than likely  sheetlike or panels if you will with some filling material behind it with hidden structure behind. But the main point being the work on the face that's visible. It's natural plutonic   material with manmade carving on its surface.

9 hours ago, lightly said:

Geomy, are you insinuating that the "walls" are natural formations?    in Multiple locations, with variations in style (due to time and location built)    

No. It's natural igneous rock , with manmade carving  upon the surface.   

5 hours ago, Hanslune said:

So he knows the secret but isn't telling anyone about it for 'reasons' but is telling you. Is that what you are saying?

I find it completely unbelievable that good old Brien would hold back anything.

I used a name I'm sure most would know of as an example to mean many so called experts on the matter.  Then suggested if any actually knew how they were built , they not telling because the divulging of such would ruin the mystery side of things their books and tours etc make money on.

That's probably more confusing than you found the original text. 

Ah well, tomorrow's another day. Where ever that is.

9 hours ago, lightly said:

My memory is Not what it used to be....would you mind, please, to briefly give me/us the simple explanation of how the stones were shaped ....and moved?     (and no one has ever adequately explained to me the purpose of odd dimples or indentations on the surfaces...if you know what I'm referring to....if not..that's ok..forget it.)

I'm assuming you are not directing these questions my way. Am I right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

It's not helpful. In fact, the rambling is only wasting our time, as this is not a creative writing class. 

I'll inform you of the simple solutions tomorrow when I have more time on my hands. It's very late where I live. 

Well, I'm sorry you  feel the need to appear interested or helpful. It's not necessary. Especially if your clocks are a bit ahead.

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Hammerstone. They were pecked and polished.

Then fitted.

Nah, you didnt understand a thing I said. Never mind.  I'm kinda confused myself reading back through some of the **** I wrote today.  Ah , well there's a point in there somewhere. Hopefully I'll put it a more understandable way simewhere.