Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Jujo-jo

Open countries equal vulnerability?

Jujo-jo

I don't think that enough people are considering that the most active airports in the world are hot spots and seem to me, to be open portals of this virus.

The cities all over the world that are most traveled to are the areas hit the hardest. Yet travel still seems to be an option, especially for those who have businesses in other countries as well in the US. Is this true? Or have I missed something while napping?

I see that Las Vegas, Denvor, Colorado, Orlando and a few other air ports have shut down "temporarily" for cleaning & I think another one may have shut down entirely but I am having a hard time finding updated information on this.

I wonder where New York, Detroit metro and O'Hare air ports are at with all of this and why there isn't more media coverage?

Please share any updated info & / or creditable links if you should know of any on the topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jujo-jo

Ok well, after looking into this a bit farther, it seems as though people are not flying as much as they used to but seems as though you can still take a flight if you dare.

Hmmm.... and some daring souls are still traveling for whatever reasons...

• Sad 2

Overdueleaf

I remember about a month or so back, people in my grand town full of epidemic geniuses were interviewed about their thoughts on Covid. One brilliant townsfolk said (paraphrased of course)." I am not worried, I am using my tax refund to go on a cruise". She was dead serious. 

• Sad 4

and then

Anyone interested in a timeline that can be used to check against supposed Trump failings here you go.  There are other sources that also confirm that Cuomo and Newsom were using this same info as they attempted to put a brave face on this so that the economy didn't tank.

https://www.devex.com/news/covid-19-a-timeline-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak-96396

This isn't an attempt to argue with anyone.  I am simply making facts available.  What other choose to believe doesn't concern me any longer.  The truth is that our government, at all levels, were trying to get a handle on this without accurate info and also without unduly panicking the markets.  If anyone wants to engage in an orgy of Orange Man Bad, have at it.  When you've exhausted your venom for awhile, look around and tell me what it changed for the better?

• Like 1

Tatetopa
11 minutes ago, and then said:

Anyone interested in a timeline that can be used to check against supposed Trump failings here you go.

Thanks for the timeline.  Thanks for the facts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

and then
16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Thanks for the timeline.  Thanks for the facts.

I hope it helps to lend some perspective.  I don't maintain that Trump has made no errors in his messaging but I do believe he has erred on the side of trying to get the nation through this with an economy still somewhat intact.  He and his economics pros jumped on relief very early and have dedicated an amount that is unprecedented in human history. 6 T$ and his opponents are still accusing him of not doing enough.  

This has the potential to leave hundreds of thousands of Americans dead.  Collapsing the global economy by utterly destroying any future faith in our currency and the other currencies on the planet could easily lead to instability that could kill many times that number.  What the Left is doing today is insanity and we may all pay dearly for it.  I cannot believe this is being done out of ignorance.

• Like 2

susieice
5 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

I don't think that enough people are considering that the most active airports in the world are hot spots and seem to me, to be open portals of this virus.

The cities all over the world that are most traveled to are the areas hit the hardest. Yet travel still seems to be an option, especially for those who have businesses in other countries as well in the US. Is this true? Or have I missed something while napping?

I see that Las Vegas, Denvor, Colorado, Orlando and a few other air ports have shut down "temporarily" for cleaning & I think another one may have shut down entirely but I am having a hard time finding updated information on this.

I wonder where New York, Detroit metro and O'Hare air ports are at with all of this and why there isn't more media coverage?

Please share any updated info & / or creditable links if you should know of any on the topic.

The last I heard JFK in New York was still operating.

• Thanks 1

susieice
2 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

I remember about a month or so back, people in my grand town full of epidemic geniuses were interviewed about their thoughts on Covid. One brilliant townsfolk said (paraphrased of course)." I am not worried, I am using my tax refund to go on a cruise". She was dead serious. 

I heard tonight there are 114 cruise ships still stuck on the oceans. The Princess Coral just docked in Miami today with 2 dead and 12 known cases on board. The Princess Cruise Line has had several ships quarantined since the Diamond Princess on February 4 was quarantined in Japan. They just don't stop.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241779201.html

This two days after 2 Holland Cruise Line ships docked in Port Everglades.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-holland-america-deal-reached-20200402-v7bx2ecx4nbkpdujt4b57vbflm-story.html

Anyone going on cruises now knows what they're getting into if you ask me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1