Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kali Yuga

MissJatti

I'm so sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

But do you think this awful epidemic we are having now, the Coronavirus (Covid 19), is the end of the Kali Yuga.

It has not even been 2 month since the first death from the coronavirus, and today it has been 64,754 deaths. And if the virus carry on at this pace, there will be about 388,500 deaths by the end of this year. And in 10 years 4 million have die due to coronavirus.

I was unfamiliar with the doctrine you cite but there are similar beliefs in all the Abrahamic faiths as well.  My personal belief as a believer in Christ is that we've been warned to expect a series of calamities that will grow ever worse and eventually remove about 2/3 of all human life on the planet.  This could be one of those "increasing" tempo events that are designed to alert believers but I don't believe this virus is that deadly at all.  I don't mean that tens or hundreds of thousands may not succumb to it but that is a far different plague than the billions the Bible refers to.

I take comfort in my faith and I believe all who seek for God should spend some time in prayer to help with the anxiety we all face.  Best wishes for you and those you love!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MissJatti said:

But do you think this awful epidemic we are having now, the Coronavirus (Covid 19), is the end of the Kali Yuga.

I think the awful cycle will keep going until corporate and religious interests no longer exist...if we don't destroy ourselves first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MissJatti said:

It has not even been 2 month since the first death from the coronavirus, and today it has been 64,754 deaths. And if the virus carry on at this pace, there will be about 388,500 deaths by the end of this year. And in 10 years 4 million have die due to coronavirus.

MissJatti...you are thinking Linearly; as are most people.  You have to look at the numbers Exponentially. Consider in the US on March the 1st there were 30 confirmed cases and zero deaths.  Today, 36 days later, there are 312,249 confirmed cases and the death total is at 8,503.  

Those numbers are so high because of the Doubling Rate.  Currently the Doubling Rate of deaths of The World is every 7 days.  Right now that number is 65,884.  That means that 7 days from today, the worlds death figures would be  131,768.  Double that number on the 19th = 263,536.  Doubled again on the 26th = 527,062.  Doubled again on the on May 2nd = 1,054,144. Doubled again on May 8th = 2,108,288.  Double again on May 15th = 4,216,576.

So, if the doubling rate continues as it is by the middle of May...you get to 4 million in 6 weeks...not by the end of the year.

916627045_doublerate.jpg.9f147523257092d0da825454d22c050b.jpg
Link

This is a video explaining  the Exponential of Epidemics...it is kind of a must see to understand the real numbers involved here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

This was the Buddhist/Hindu apocalypse, and C-19 doesn't come close to what those generations suffered at the hands of Islam.

Thank you!!! :yes:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A few days ago, I was reading the news. And a person from the government (can't remember which government), says if coronavirus keeps on infecting, soon people will start looting/raiding and rioting, everywhere.

There will be civil disorder, and humans be killing humans.

You read the news?  Please...that is a mistake.  The Media outlets only tell  you what they want you to know, and they don't tell you what they don't want you to know...and they make stuff up. 

Don't concern yourself with what the media says, it is all politically motivated no matter what the story is.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MissJatti said:

A few days ago, I was reading the news. And a person from the government (can't remember which government), says if coronavirus keeps on infecting, soon people will start looting/raiding and rioting, everywhere.  There will be civil disorder, and humans be killing humans.

It generally doesn't take much to kick off a riot in a slum, and the whole C-19 crisis is bringing elements of class warfare to the fore.  

213442029_HerdImmunityBaby.jpg.ed664df6fd5f6518833a1b5db828891a.jpg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, joc said:

You read the news?  Please...that is a mistake.  The Media outlets only tell  you what they want you to know, and they don't tell you what they don't want you to know...and they make stuff up. 

Don't concern yourself with what the media says, it is all politically motivated no matter what the story is.

In the news it said there are 14 new deaths in india due to coronavirus, or is that made up to

Edited by MissJatti

9 hours ago, MissJatti said:

A few days ago, I was reading the news. And a person from the government (can't remember which government), says if coronavirus keeps on infecting, soon people will start looting/raiding and rioting, everywhere.

There will be civil disorder, and humans be killing humans.

Humans always find a way to kill each others, so be it...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MissJatti said:

In the news it said there are 14 new deaths in india due to coronavirus, or is that made up to

There are 5311 confirmed cases and 150 deaths in India.  I don't know what the news says about it.  Those are the numbers though.

They were up 12 on the 4th, 9 on the 5th, 32 on the 6th, and according to the chart I'm looking at, up 5 today...but that has probably changed because they are constantly updating information.

The Media has an agenda...and I'm not listening to them.

But then again, why not just go to the source of the information instead of waiting for...The Media...to bring you the information through their biased filters? 

I have up to date information on the numbers for every country in the world and I haven't gotten any of them from ...the media. :)

Right now the death count in India is doubling every 4 days.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 9:34 AM, MissJatti said:

Spoiler

400 years and the apocalypse will be and the last 200 years will be the worst.

2 hours ago, Coil said:

Hide contents

400 years and the apocalypse will be and the last 200 years will be the worst.

Why did you feel the need to put this nonsense in hidden contents?  The thing about BS is, it isn't actually spoilers.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

no matter what we hear on the media true facts or false, no matter what we believe from others or our own hard earned beliefs in religions and no matter what people have predicated or the numbers the government throws out to us.

We are not in charge, none of any of it makes any difference anyway, what will be, will be and in the order things play out. 

Therefore we need to relax, take one step at a time, rejoice in the good things that are so small we take for advantage and take no notice of, live each day, day by day, trusting that all things (even bad things) are for a greater good.

The essence is at ease always, peace, harmony and balance all coincide even in the midst of devastation. (This too like all other past things, shall pass).

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, MissJatti said:

Around 57 million people die every year

A quarter of which are caused by heart disease/stroke

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Why did you feel the need to put this nonsense in hidden contents?  The thing about BS is, it isn't actually spoilers.

I hid because I knew that some would not understand this, and if people do not understand something, then they tend to consider it a fiction.

16 hours ago, Essan said:

Around 57 million people die every year

A quarter of which are caused by heart disease/stroke

Maybe when things get back to normal the government should close down all fast food, and eliminate corn syrup? It would save millions of people from obesity and diabetes. 

(Sarcasm)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Maybe when things get back to normal the government should close down all fast food, and eliminate corn syrup? It would save millions of people from obesity and diabetes. 

(Sarcasm)

I know you're joking, but the funny thing is is that people love scapegoating because of their poor choices. I look at my cousin (and co-worker) who's had 3 heart attacks, still smokes and eats garbage food. I've got a messed up gut and I'm afraid to eat. So it really comes down to us and what we've chosen to do.

17 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

no matter what we hear on the media true facts or false, no matter what we believe from others or our own hard earned beliefs in religions and no matter what people have predicated or the numbers the government throws out to us.

We are not in charge, none of any of it makes any difference anyway, what will be, will be and in the order things play out. 

Therefore we need to relax, take one step at a time, rejoice in the good things that are so small we take for advantage and take no notice of, live each day, day by day, trusting that all things (even bad things) are for a greater good.

The essence is at ease always, peace, harmony and balance all coincide even in the midst of devastation. (This too like all other past things, shall pass).

I actually agree with you on this. Surprise, surprise.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coil said:

I hid because I knew that some would not understand this, and if people do not understand something, then they tend to consider it a fiction.

Well we are hardly in the Kali Yuga right now, are we?  I mean apart from a bit of notably bad government and a minor international epidemic (based on historical death rates), admittedly 2020 hasn't been a great year, but we don't exactly have molten iron raining down from the skies and people forced into cannibalism.  Then again, I suppose it is only April.  Let's wait and see, huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

Well we are hardly in the Kali Yuga right now, are we?  I mean apart from a bit of notably bad government and a minor international epidemic (based on historical death rates), admittedly 2020 hasn't been a great year, but we don't exactly have molten iron raining down from the skies and people forced into cannibalism.  Then again, I suppose it is only April.  Let's wait and see, huh?

According to the Puranas, Kali-yuga began at midnight on February 18 or January 23, 3102 BC. e. (according to the Gregorian calendar), at the moment when Krishna left the earth and returned to Vaikuntha. The duration of Kali-yuga is 432 thousand years.
So we are already in this era and it has its own periods of destruction.

Attributes of Kali Yuga:

The Mahabharata describes that this is the worst age in which only one quarter of the original virtue remains, and even that is completely destroyed by the end of Kali-yuga. The life expectancy of people is decreasing - in Kali-yuga people live up to a maximum of 100 years. There comes a general economic and spiritual degradation, people show the most terrible and disgusting qualities. Their courage, mind and strength are weakening. Anger, envy and ambition begin to control the behavior of people. People become deceitful and keep only the appearance of sacrifices, gifts, and vows. The brahmanas stop making prayers, depart from sacrifices and reading the Vedas, forget about the memorial sacrifices and eat what comes.

Nevertheless, the loss of moral values and oblivion of debt ultimately turns against the bearers of evil and vice themselves. Rulers who became tyrants in this era are neither able to keep people in obedience, nor protect their peoples from the attacks of other nations that have fallen into a state of barbarism, forgetting the virtues and sacrifices to the gods. Kali-yuga ceases when evil and violence fill the whole world, which then collapses - pralaya comes (dissolution).

Destruction:

In short, the signs preceding the arrival of pralaya look like this: First, a long period of severe drought sets in; trees, bushes and all vegetation die. The sun rises sevenfold and travels in seven chariots. Seven suns with their burning rays drink all the water from the oceans and burn the whole earth along with mountains, seas and continents. Separately, burning lights multiply until they merge into a single sea of fire. His Flames devours the universe, swallows four worlds. The earth becomes like a ball of fire. The solar corona begins to release tongues of prominences that cover the whole sky. Huge tongues of flame sparkle with all the colors of the rainbow. From them endlessly sparkling flashes of lightning with deafening peals of thunder burst forth. But there is no one to hear and no one to see it. The old creation is destroyed. What for? Then clouds, like from the trunks of elephants, spew out streams of water and so for many centuries. Finally, the apocalyptic fire is extinguished and the Earth is like a "world of wild waters."

The world was created and destroyed six times - creation and Pralaya - time after time. And each time a certain property must be manifested. But if this property could not fully realize itself, the world was "absorbed" again, destroyed.
So, we and our world are the seventh creation, its qualitative aspect is the Balance.

The organization of our seventh period is recorded in the first chapter of Genesis, which, with amazing laconicism, contains an ocean of knowledge. The seven days of the so-called Creation extend over many eras.  The meaning of what has been said is to give shape and to put in order what can conditionally be called primary chaos, and this work performed by the Elohim, the divine Shaper, it is this work that man must help to carry out, must continue to complete it.

So, six Creations and six Pralaya preceded our world. We are in the seventh, last, The universe must find a new foundation - a higher balance - not static but dynamic. In other words, balance and harmony will progress infinitely. When a balance is established between all the countless levels of consciousness and their opposites, then the central consciousness will reveal itself. This manifestation will see the Superintelligent transformation of man.

The day that the ancients foretold came
The day that Shelley saw in his dreams,
Immersed in sad visions;
Golden Age, City burning with Light.
The Iron Age has passed. Only left
The last spasm that will shake
All nations - so the past leaves.
Earth, having washed the dirt from the face,
Will fill with new hope.

Edited by Coil

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, Alchopwn said:

Can't say for sure what age we are in.  Every society and civilization has an age.  However, you may want to rethink your opinion of this minor international epidemic.

I believe we are definitely in an age of destruction and reconstruction.  There would seem to be the perfect storm that is happening that we have NO CONTROL of. 

There is molten iron and planes raining down from the skies, UFO's, fish, landslides, rain hail, earthquakes and volcanos.  We may not have gotten to cannibalism, but, we have a really messed up food system right now.  The farms and soy beans, the floods, the winds, no workers, loss of jobs, loss of homes, the loss of insurance, cmon now.  This virus thing has caused me to take a really deep look at the times we are in.  I look at the book of revelations, not a student of, but can read.  I know Im not the only one that has heard about the plagues and petulance.  Let's see...the virus  you may not die but someone you know will.  You may have food in your refrigerator but someone else is eating what from where?  We've all seen the pictures, we all know someone who is not doing as well as we are. I hate when the secretary screams at the tv and says Children need to go back to school.  Nobody is disagreeing.  In fact I can speak for some kids that would agree too.  They don't want to be around each other cuz they never have.  Kids and parents locked down in a house for as long as they can stand it and then... We have to go back to what we are comfortable with. Kids in school, stores open, jobs paying good wages, hospitals finding some end to the madness,  it just keeps going.  Have you ever given someone a good meal?  When someone or something is hungry, just the basic instinct of survival and hunger can make a person do some crazy stuff.  We are in some spiritual awakening times.  I see some really wild times ahead and this is months after you wrote this.  So, hold on folks, we have never been here before, in my lifetime and I'm really glad I have a home to sleep in with food in the fridge and the air on.  Nothing big, just comfortable.  However, I see that comfort-ability changing.  You know what I mean?

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 8:05 AM, Piney said:

I think the awful cycle will keep going until corporate and religious interests no longer exist...if we don't destroy ourselves first. 

I agree.  The difference is that I don't get caught up in trying to deny or disprove or assume that I understand everything about these predictions.  The one thing I'm sure of is that anyone who thinks they can explain when and how each of these events are going to happen, have no clue.  Everything written in Biblical eschatology is beginning to occur around us at an increasing pace.  Whether people accept it or mock it doesn't matter at all.  It will happen.  If a group of scientists and sociologists and psychologists were told to explain how these events that have been predicted COULD occur in our world today, they could probably make a very credible case that these predictions are nothing more than a common sense conclusion based on our society and cultures, dwindling resources, warlike temperaments, and human nature.  Throw in a couple of sizable asteroids and some bio-engineered plagues and `voila!  Armageddon.  It's entirely predictable today, yet millions deny it was predicted long ago.  To each, his own.

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

I agree.  The difference is that I don't get caught up in trying to deny or disprove or assume that I understand everything about these predictions.  The one thing I'm sure of is that anyone who thinks they can explain when and how each of these events are going to happen, have no clue.  Everything written in Biblical eschatology is beginning to occur around us at an increasing pace.  Whether people accept it or mock it doesn't matter at all.  It will happen.  If a group of scientists and sociologists and psychologists were told to explain how these events that have been predicted COULD occur in our world today, they could probably make a very credible case that these predictions are nothing more than a common sense conclusion based on our society and cultures, dwindling resources, warlike temperaments, and human nature.  Throw in a couple of sizable asteroids and some bio-engineered plagues and `voila!  Armageddon.  It's entirely predictable today, yet millions deny it was predicted long ago.  To each, his own.

Matthew 24:34

"In truth I tell you, before this generation has passed away, all these things will have taken place. "

Babylon fell, Jerusalem fell, the Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, Rome fell, the Byzantine Empire fell.  The Frankish Empire, then the Austro-Hungarian. 

You can just smell when the end is near so it's easy to place the prophecy to whichever country or empire is crashing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

" McDonald's "

" Starbucks "

" KFC "

~

• Haha 5