Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pixar pioneers win "Nobel Prize" of computing

Eldorado

"In the opening scene of Toy Story, released in 1995, a cluster of boxes is scattered across a child's bedroom. The sun streams into the room as a Mr Potato Head doll demands money from a seemingly stricken cast of plastic and plush toys outside a cardboard bank.

"Into the picture arrives the hero - a cowboy sheriff made of plastic and fabric with a pull-string to make him speak. The sheriff casts a shadow over the villainous potato who flees from the law.

"It's a scene plucked from a child's imagination. It was also the culmination of decades of development in computer animation."

Full article at the BBC: Link

Turing Award: Wikipedia

• Haha 1

Next year... 

The creators of "The Simpsons"

~

I think they could have worded that title differently to be less confusing, but I think they knew what they were doing to get clicks in.

Regardless, nice to see that local company get continued recognition for being pioneers of sorts at what they do, and doing it well. I used to pass by the studio all the time when working around the Emeryville area. It always kind of reminded me of an entrance to a theme park or something.

56282efe8c5f3cac6060395735eb7b23.jpg