Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Queen Echos Call for “Better Days”

Raptor Witness

On this, at least, we can agree.  She's amazing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Queen Elizabeth is an incredible woman who is no stranger to hard work in tough times.

Elizabeth Serving in WWII: Rare Pictures of the Queen as a Driver ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As ever Her Majesty speaks to the nation in a way no politician ever could.

There was a theme of keeping calm and carrying on, and a reminder that our nation has faced crises before. Above all a reflection on our shared humanity and values.

A voice of reassurance, just like comforting words from a family elder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Queen Elizabeth is an incredible woman who is no stranger to hard work in tough times.

Elizabeth Serving in WWII: Rare Pictures of the Queen as a Driver ...

The Nation should take great comfort from the fact that she's a wise lady, tutored by Churchill, who's the only head of state in the world who can refer to World War Two on the basis of the personal experience of having worn uniform.

• Like 3

Britain's Royals (including young Elizabeth) giving the Nazi salute. (17 secs)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Britain's Royals (including young Elizabeth) giving the Nazi salute. (17 secs)

What made you post this? You trying to convince people they are Nazi or something?

We can always count on you to bring the mood right down into the gutter, I guess your quoting and posting so much gutter press crap its rubbing off on you.

Lets have a bit of context. it was 1933. the world didn't know the horrors of what was to unfold in the coming years in Germany. Hell, even the Olympics where held in Germany in 1936.  The German people didn't even know what was to unfold when they elected Hitler.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is much about deception that disappears, with age. We learn as we grow older.

The big question, is simply, why would so horrific a period, be allowed in the first place?

I would rather hear from an aging Queen, than a desperate Despot, when it comes to such questions.

16 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What made you post this? You trying to convince people they are Nazi or something?

We can always count on you to bring the mood right down into the gutter, I guess your quoting and posting so much gutter press crap its rubbing off on you.

Lets have a bit of context. it was 1933. the world didn't know the horrors of what was to unfold in the coming years in Germany. Hell, even the Olympics where held in Germany in 1936.  The German people didn't even know what was to unfold when they elected Hitler.

I agree.   We don't know context.   It's like the people who are ridiculed for dressing up as a black person 40 years ago.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree.   We don't know context.

To give a bit of context, this was derived from an article in The Sun - handy if you run out of toilet paper in the current crisis :tu:

Their Royal Heilnesses

Secret 1933 film shows Edward VIII teaching this Nazi salute to the Queen

There's an element of truth, in that Edward VIII was widely regarded as having Nazi sympathies, so no surprises there:

Were Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson Nazi Sympathizers?

The Sun though, as per their modus operandi, took it as an opportunity to sensationally link our Queen with Nazism, even though she was a seven year old girl at the time - seven years before the world saw the full extent of Hitler's plans.

Not sure why this story even surfaced here to be honest *shrugs*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh just leave the grand old dame alone... Let her be...

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

To give a bit of context, this was derived from an article in The Sun - handy if you run out of toilet paper in the current crisis :tu:

Their Royal Heilnesses

Secret 1933 film shows Edward VIII teaching this Nazi salute to the Queen

There's an element of truth, in that Edward VIII was widely regarded as having Nazi sympathies, so no surprises there:

Were Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson Nazi Sympathizers?

The Sun though, as per their modus operandi, took it as an opportunity to sensationally link our Queen with Nazism, even though she was a seven year old girl at the time - seven years before the world saw the full extent of Hitler's plans.

Not sure why this story even surfaced here to be honest *shrugs*

Yep.   It's like persecuting fans of the Cosby show back in the 80's.  

• Haha 1

There's a lot more pictures of her like this.

She Worked as a Mechanic During World War II | 12 Things You Might ...

• Like 2

The one thing, the Queen Mum didn’t say, which could have made all the difference, is to have recommended fasting and prayer; but perhaps savior, isn’t the role she wanted.

Years ago in 2007 when The Queen visited Churchhill Downs in Kentucky; I wish I could have seen her there. It’s a passion we both share. 

Curiously, my longings would be half satisfied when hurricane Ike landed in the Ohio Valley in 2008, and I was called to visit the amazing show of horses.

Speaking of hearing thunder in the footsteps, the time has come for a show of force in the clouds; leaving nothing; but empty fields, and rows of white, as far as the eye can sea.

Edited by Raptor Witness