Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Raptor Witness

The Queen Echos Call for “Better Days”

Recommended Posts

Raptor Witness

At the 4:00 minute mark:

Quote

Her Majesty is a class act, as always ....

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then

On this, at least, we can agree.  She's amazing.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micahc

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly

I'll add my Vera Lynn song, less known than the others but my favourite.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

Queen Elizabeth is an incredible woman who is no stranger to hard work in tough times.

Elizabeth Serving in WWII: Rare Pictures of the Queen as a Driver ...

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn

As ever Her Majesty speaks to the nation in a way no politician ever could.

There was a theme of keeping calm and carrying on, and a reminder that our nation has faced crises before. Above all a reflection on our shared humanity and values.

A voice of reassurance, just like comforting words from a family elder.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 hour ago, susieice said:

Queen Elizabeth is an incredible woman who is no stranger to hard work in tough times.

Elizabeth Serving in WWII: Rare Pictures of the Queen as a Driver ...

 

 

The Nation should take great comfort from the fact that she's a wise lady, tutored by Churchill, who's the only head of state in the world who can refer to World War Two on the basis of the personal experience of having worn uniform.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

Another Vera Lynn reference:

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado

Britain's Royals (including young Elizabeth) giving the Nazi salute. (17 secs)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
24 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Britain's Royals (including young Elizabeth) giving the Nazi salute. (17 secs)

 

What made you post this? You trying to convince people they are Nazi or something?

We can always count on you to bring the mood right down into the gutter, I guess your quoting and posting so much gutter press crap its rubbing off on you.

Lets have a bit of context. it was 1933. the world didn't know the horrors of what was to unfold in the coming years in Germany. Hell, even the Olympics where held in Germany in 1936.  The German people didn't even know what was to unfold when they elected Hitler.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

There is much about deception that disappears, with age. We learn as we grow older.

The big question, is simply, why would so horrific a period, be allowed in the first place?

I would rather hear from an aging Queen, than a desperate Despot, when it comes to such questions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
16 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

What made you post this? You trying to convince people they are Nazi or something?

We can always count on you to bring the mood right down into the gutter, I guess your quoting and posting so much gutter press crap its rubbing off on you.

Lets have a bit of context. it was 1933. the world didn't know the horrors of what was to unfold in the coming years in Germany. Hell, even the Olympics where held in Germany in 1936.  The German people didn't even know what was to unfold when they elected Hitler.

 

I agree.   We don't know context.   It's like the people who are ridiculed for dressing up as a black person 40 years ago.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
LV-426
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I agree.   We don't know context.

 

To give a bit of context, this was derived from an article in The Sun - handy if you run out of toilet paper in the current crisis :tu:

 

Their Royal Heilnesses

Secret 1933 film shows Edward VIII teaching this Nazi salute to the Queen

 

There's an element of truth, in that Edward VIII was widely regarded as having Nazi sympathies, so no surprises there:

 

Were Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson Nazi Sympathizers?

 

The Sun though, as per their modus operandi, took it as an opportunity to sensationally link our Queen with Nazism, even though she was a seven year old girl at the time - seven years before the world saw the full extent of Hitler's plans.

Not sure why this story even surfaced here to be honest *shrugs*

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Oh just leave the grand old dame alone... Let her be...

~

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
36 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

 

To give a bit of context, this was derived from an article in The Sun - handy if you run out of toilet paper in the current crisis :tu:

 

Their Royal Heilnesses

Secret 1933 film shows Edward VIII teaching this Nazi salute to the Queen

 

There's an element of truth, in that Edward VIII was widely regarded as having Nazi sympathies, so no surprises there:

 

Were Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson Nazi Sympathizers?

 

The Sun though, as per their modus operandi, took it as an opportunity to sensationally link our Queen with Nazism, even though she was a seven year old girl at the time - seven years before the world saw the full extent of Hitler's plans.

Not sure why this story even surfaced here to be honest *shrugs*

Yep.   It's like persecuting fans of the Cosby show back in the 80's.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice

There's a lot more pictures of her like this.

She Worked as a Mechanic During World War II | 12 Things You Might ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
Posted (edited)

The one thing, the Queen Mum didn’t say, which could have made all the difference, is to have recommended fasting and prayer; but perhaps savior, isn’t the role she wanted.

Years ago in 2007 when The Queen visited Churchhill Downs in Kentucky; I wish I could have seen her there. It’s a passion we both share. 

Curiously, my longings would be half satisfied when hurricane Ike landed in the Ohio Valley in 2008, and I was called to visit the amazing show of horses.

Speaking of hearing thunder in the footsteps, the time has come for a show of force in the clouds; leaving nothing; but empty fields, and rows of white, as far as the eye can sea.

 

Edited by Raptor Witness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.