Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Ancient bottle’ in NASA pic stuns UFO hunter

Eldorado

"NASA’s Mars Curiosity rover has been exploring the surface of Mars since 2012, providing UFO hunters with thousands of pictures to trawl through. UFO hunter Scott Waring is one of the many people who believe the photos hold clues and evidence the Red Planet was once populated by aliens.

"In his latest discovery, Mr Waring claims to have discovered an “ancient bottle” partially buried in the planet’s rusty soil.

"Mr Waring said: “Looking through the gigapan Mars photos, I found something that closely resembles an ancient clay bottle.

"“It’s very similar to this 2,000-year-old Roman bottle which I include into the photo for you to compare."

Pics at Big World Tale dot com: Link

• Haha 4

Scott Waring is a complete screwball who blew his credibility to shreds a long time ago.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

……..so, uh...the Romans were there then? Is that what he is saying? …. I am waiting for them to find an old Coke can up there. THAT would be interesting :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Scott Waring????  I mean, quite apart from the ridiculous content...?  Next will it be Secureteam 10?

El, while I appreciate discussion forums need content... well, this isn't content.  More like this and I might stop opening your threads..

To save others giving that idot any more publicity, here is the image from that link:

Life-on-Mars-aliens-NASA-pictures-UFO-Scott-Waring-1265368.jpg?r=1586122084843

and remember that those who promote this stuff pore over hundreds of thousands of images, and anything that vaguely matches a shape of something earthly becomes alienz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Frankly, they should find thousands more - at sandstone-y regions near where I used to live you could find almost any shape you can dream of, just via random erosion...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can you see that? The bottle has a barcode! The Mars-Romans had a returnable bottle system! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It must be hard to be Scott, every day he’s astonished and has his every conceived notion on something overthrown. Must be very taxing. 

• Like 3

I don't think that looks ike an old roman bottle but just up and left of it is a perfect gull sculpture. I'm a believer now

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

……..so, uh...the Romans were there then? Is that what he is saying? …. I am waiting for them to find an old Coke can up there. THAT would be interesting :D 

Cokes secret ingredient is from MARS?? Mystery solved!

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, ChrLzs said:

Frankly, they should find thousands more - at sandstone-y regions near where I used to live you could find almost any shape you can dream of, just via random erosion...

But...there is no erosion on Mars to speak of, so we are talking about a totally different environment. No rounded edges, no wind erosion, no water erosion for millions of years.

2 hours ago, ocpaul20 said:

But...there is no erosion on Mars to speak of

What????   That's hilarious - pick a hobby where you know the basics, please.  Almost everywhere you look on Mars there are clear signs of erosion, some via water, some from the often high speed winds (didn't you watch 'The Martian'?), and all of that has been taking place over millennia, including back when Mars had a lot more atmosphere and water....

Seriously, that was a very ill-informed thing to claim.

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/explore/shaping_the_planets/erosion/

https://an.rsl.wustl.edu/mslCxMosaics/MC/01117/CX01117ML0500592F496657253VA.JPG  (NASA/JPL)

https://sci.esa.int/documents/33745/35367/1567218087263-IaniChaos-AresVallis_erosion2-410.jpg (ESA)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/9/2020 at 2:40 AM, ChrLzs said:

What????   That's hilarious - pick a hobby where you know the basics, please.  Almost everywhere you look on Mars there are clear signs of erosion, some via water, some from the often high speed winds (didn't you watch 'The Martian'?), and all of that has been taking place over millennia, including back when Mars had a lot more atmosphere and water....

Seriously, that was a very ill-informed thing to claim.

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/explore/shaping_the_planets/erosion/

https://an.rsl.wustl.edu/mslCxMosaics/MC/01117/CX01117ML0500592F496657253VA.JPG  (NASA/JPL)

https://sci.esa.int/documents/33745/35367/1567218087263-IaniChaos-AresVallis_erosion2-410.jpg (ESA)

https://mars.nasa.gov/news/1854/the-fact-and-fiction-of-martian-dust-storms/

It is unlikely that even these dust storms could strand an astronaut on Mars, however. Even the wind in the largest dust storms likely could not tip or rip apart major mechanical equipment. The winds in the strongest Martian storms top out at about 60 miles per hour, less than half the speed of some hurricane-force winds on Earth.

Focusing on wind speed may be a little misleading, as well. The atmosphere on Mars is about 1 percent as dense as Earth's atmosphere. That means to fly a kite on Mars, the wind would need to blow much faster than on Earth to get the kite in the air.

"The key difference between Earth and Mars is that Mars' atmospheric pressure is a lot less," said William Farrell, a plasma physicist

You may need to revisit some of your own 'facts'. 

8 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

And YOU might want to quote the bit from your chosen website that talks about EROSION, rather than waste our time with ill-informed and irrelevant bulldung.

• Like 3

Just an unusual rock formation people... there is no possible way life will or has ever existed beyond our world. :P

• Like 2

9 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

https://mars.nasa.gov/news/1854/the-fact-and-fiction-of-martian-dust-storms/

You might need to find out what erosion is.

https://mars.nasa.gov/resources/21965/wind-erosion/

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 2

quoted from article:

‘How could NASA ignore it?’

funny

Edited by Dejarma
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And YOU might want to quote the bit from your chosen website that talks about EROSION, rather than waste our time with ill-informed and irrelevant bulldung.

I was pointing out that you were incorrect about the wind speed. Your words are both clear, clearly wrong and quoted again for you below. You appear to think that the high speed winds depicted in a Sci fi action movie are the actual reality. What a sly dog you are trying to straw man your way out of it with some typically large font, shouty, angry appearing, misdirection, how did you put it? Bulldung. 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:40 AM, ChrLzs said:

some from the often high speed winds (didn't you watch 'The Martian'?),

I made no other comments regarding erosion nor my feelings on the picture. You read into it and I'm sorry but you're incorrectly stating things as fact which are not. 

So, to summarise, Scott Waring, Ocpaul and Imconvinced are all .. er.. convinced.

What a team!!!  Anybody else got any questions?

I personally can't wait to see where they now go with this thread, which seems to have expired (or at least it's very short of breath).

My suggestion would be the obvious one - they should start a petition and/or write a letter to NASA explaining their comprehensive analysis, and then recommend they retask the Rover to do a full-on archeological dig of the entire area.

• Like 2

Has Waring still got the picture of Elvis playing guitar on Mars? Here was me thinking this idiot had gone long ago and now someone devotes a whole thread to his insanity jeeeeeze.

Edited by Torviking
Punctuation.
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2020 at 2:22 AM, ChrLzs said:

To save others giving that idot any more publicity, here is the image from that link:

Life-on-Mars-aliens-NASA-pictures-UFO-Scott-Waring-1265368.jpg?r=1586122084843

That's a fossilized chicken drumstick from a Martian picnic, right? I mean you can even see a fossilized chicken in the upper left.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, astrobeing said:

That's a fossilized chicken drumstick from a Martian picnic, right? I mean you can even see a fossilized chicken in the upper left.

It is  I was just going to say that.  Colonel Sanders stole his recipe from the Martians!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, to summarise, Scott Waring, Ocpaul and Imconvinced are all .. er.. convinced.

What a team!!!  Anybody else got any questions?

I personally can't wait to see where they now go with this thread, which seems to have expired (or at least it's very short of breath).

My suggestion would be the obvious one - they should start a petition and/or write a letter to NASA explaining their comprehensive analysis, and then recommend they retask the Rover to do a full-on archeological dig of the entire area.

You never addressed your error, but then again you never do.  I guess you even avoided quoting me hoping that I might miss your dig and let you have the last word. 

Does all of your scientific knowledge come from the movies you've watched? Or is it just what you know about Mars? And no, that's not a bottle but it seems you can't even be bothered to ask for my thoughts on the subject so nevermind, plus I'm sure you've got lots of important hand waving to do in other threads. 

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

You never addressed your error

OK, just for you, as everyone else seems to have got it...  Here's what i said, quoted precisely, while responding to ocpaul's ridiculous comments about erosion:

some from the often high speed winds (didn't you watch 'The Martian'?)

AND I immediately followed that, in order to clarify for anyone with a limited cognitive ability, with this...

and all of that has been taking place over millennia

:D :D 

So, you completely ignored the earlier point about water erosionYou also ignored those words immediately after my flippant reference to The Martian, and those words really should have hinted that this was more about lengthy timescales than about current high-speed winds...  Everyone else here seems to be OK with it....

Summarising, I made that comment rather flippantly, to point out that there WERE erosion forces of various kinds working over long timescales, including but not limited to wind erosion (just look at the imagery and you can clearly see signs of that erosion EVERYWHERE).

I didn't specify windspeeds, just as I didn't specify the timescales (the aspect you seem to not understand), so it's a bit of a long draw to call it an 'error'.  But I do, oh so gratuitously, apologise profusely for confusing you.  I see now that you need special education...

So what was the error, exactly?  Me suggesting you watch a movie that exaggerated the CURRENT winds....?  Good Grief.

OK, I've addressed my 'error' in full.  Now it's your turn - here are my questions of you:

1. I presume from your anguish and confusion that you endorse Ocpaul's statement that:

there is no erosion on Mars to speak of, so we are talking about a totally different environment. No rounded edges, no wind erosion, no water erosion for millions of years

:D :D Given you are so upset about what I said, it sounds as though you support that position..  Yes or no?

2. What were the Martian winds like, when there was a lot more atmosphere?  I made no specific claims about this, but do you concede they could have been of the order shown in "The Martian"?

3. Either way, do you not understand that this isn't about what the winds are NOW, but what the CUMULATIVE, TOTAL erosion has been over Mars entire past history?

Have you heard the terms 'open mind', 'lateral thinking', 'Scientific Method', 'research', 'logic'?  Look them up and have a go at applying a few of them, next time, there's a good tinfoiler.

And, finally are there any errors in your claims here that you'd like to acknowledge... before I raise them?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tuco's Gas said:

May I inquire as to what set of facts or information you think you have that renders any form of extra terrestrial life in the universe to be an impossibility?

May I inquire as to how you missed the smiley?  I mean, I'm not the accused, but I would suggest that no-one (in their right mind) here at UM takes the view that the Universe is empty of life except for us.