Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
skookum

Spine chilling experience. Is there a message

skookum

Just to say I am not generally a believer in ghosts and the paranormal.

This is 100% true and recent.  I am going to change a name just in case of any family members find this and find it upsetting.

Just a brief but relative background on me. 15 years I split and divorced from my now ex wife.  I have now remarried to another lady for 4 years.   In between this I had a friend I will call Gemma who I worked with and we became very close.

We lived together for a short time.  I always felt I was more romantically keen on her than she was on me however a few times I was surprised by her affection.  One thing led to another and I made the decision to move out as I didn't want to destroy our close friendship.  Both of us had had tough times and we were each others rocks.  Romantic involvement I felt could of ruined it.

Anyway 3 years past and we saw less and less of each other.  Finally I met somebody else and we lost contact.

Since then I have changed career and am now a Taxi driver.

About 2-3 weeks ago I was waiting at the train station for a passenger.  I saw Gemma for the first time in probably 10 years.  She looked as if she was verifying it was me then smiled, waved and gave her distinctive wink which I always found quite unique for a lady to do. She must have been 6 feet in front of the vehicle so I am pretty sure on my identification.  I smiled and waved back but was unable to get out and say hello as my passenger was getting in.  She went into the station.

Anyway last Saturday I had a local pickup and it turned out to be another guy who had worked with Gemma and me.  He had kept far more in contact with the people we worked with and was telling me what they did now.  I asked if he had heard from Gemma and then replied how sorry and shocked he was to hear Gemma had been killed in a car accident.  I was understandably shocked and told him I had only seen her probably 3 weeks earlier.  His response was "I don't think so mate, the accident was summer last year" ( I will keep the date undisclosed again to protect relatives).

What makes this even weirder is I was doing a piece for work on road fatalities in the area, it involves dangerous roads in the area with high accidents and fatalities.  I had bookmarked all the pages but only read the headlines. My company asked last week if I could finish the paper for our internal messaging service.  The first page I bookmarked when I read it was the sad news of my friend Gemma's accident. 

It is so weird I literally have chills running down my spine think about it.  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

papageorge1
Posted (edited)

A deceased person visiting past friends is a story I have heard quite a few times by now in my decades of interest in the paranormal. It seems to be more like a Hi, good to see you one more time, and I am fine. It is a positive thing.

'Is there a message' you asked. I think it is that I am fine and we are still good friends even after death.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

skookum
13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

A deceased person visiting past friends is a story I have heard quite a few times by now in my decades of interest in the paranormal. It seems to be more like a Hi, good to see you one more time, and I am fine. It is a positive thing.

'Is there a message' you asked. I think it is that I am fine and we are still good friends even after death.

Thank you it is nice to have an expert opinion on it. I still feel very upset. 

I feel a certain amount of anger too as the paper reports two men fled the scene. They were later arrested but not prosecuted due to lack of evidence.

• Like 1

spartan max2

That's crazy. Thanks for sharing.

The only skeptic explanaton I could think of is that your subconscious read what you bookmarked so it had you do sort of a daydream of seeing her.

XenoFish
18 hours ago, skookum said:

I asked if he had heard from Gemma and then replied how sorry and shocked he was to hear Gemma had been killed in a car accident.  I was understandably shocked and told him I had only seen her probably 3 weeks earlier.  His response was "I don't think so mate, the accident was summer last year" ( I will keep the date undisclosed again to protect relatives).

They say everyone has a twin. Might have been someone who looked just like her. 

skookum
7 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

That's crazy. Thanks for sharing.

The only skeptic explanaton I could think of is that your subconscious read what you bookmarked so it had you do sort of a daydream of seeing her.

Although I can't be 100% sure.  I think I did the bookmarking after I saw her.

• Thanks 1

skookum
7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

They say everyone has a twin. Might have been someone who looked just like her. 

I think this is the most logical explanation.  Then its just a coincidence of timing etc.

The real thing that got me was the wink.  It was a cheeky wink that always raised a smile with me.  Not really met anyone else that greets people that way, more of a man thing.