Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathy between strangers

Gigi 2020

hi 
I am Very new to this but all I can say is I am very spiritual person and need help explaining this. In the last 6+ months I feel like there is a strong telepathic communication with some random stranger from my local gym.

i don’t know anything about this person not even first name, however there are always these thoughts that we can communicate with each other through our thoughts 

At first I thought it was my imagination but then as time past by and I would run into that person at the gym (again we don’t talk to each other since we don’t know each other) I would feel like it’s not just my imagination 

sometimes I would think of something and that person happen to do that specific thing. 

I don’t want to come up and straighten ask, I will feel like lunatic or he might think I am a lunatic. 

what to do? Please someone help with direction 

31 minutes ago, Gigi 2020 said:

hi 
I am Very new to this but all I can say is I am very spiritual person and need help explaining this. In the last 6+ months I feel like there is a strong telepathic communication with some random stranger from my local gym.

i don’t know anything about this person not even first name, however there are always these thoughts that we can communicate with each other through our thoughts 

At first I thought it was my imagination but then as time past by and I would run into that person at the gym (again we don’t talk to each other since we don’t know each other) I would feel like it’s not just my imagination 

sometimes I would think of something and that person happen to do that specific thing. 

I don’t want to come up and straighten ask, I will feel like lunatic or he might think I am a lunatic. 

what to do? Please someone help with direction 

First, could you define what you mean by "very spiritual person"?  Lots of people have different definitions for that.

Next, does that have anything to do with why you think you are telepathic with a stranger?

As for what you are experiencing, it might be a good idea to see if you can talk to the person, maybe what you are experiencing is your imagination as that person might be attractive to you, or it might be you have something in common and you are getting subtle information indicating that.  One more possibility is that person is watching you or thinking about you and you are getting subtle information about that instead.  If someone is noticing us we can usually pick up on it, even if we never speak or make eye contact with that person.  Have you made eye contact with him?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe in spirit guides. Archangels, numerology 

We have made eye contact few times

we go to the same gym for Years. 
as I mentioned this thoughts started just over 6 months ago however I ve been seeing this person for many many years. I am happily married and attraction isn’t part of this.

telepathy thoughts started when I knew we would run into each other outside of normal hours usually we run into each. Knowing this person would be be there before I even get in the car to go. I would run into this person somewhere completely in a different place than a gym and I knew in advance that I would run into this person.

no Way to talk to this person now since quarantine and gyms are closed 

People are creatures of habit. So it is easy to guess what another person is doing if you are familiar enough with their habits. Next is mirror neurons which allows us to read body language, giving the impression of such "psychic abilities" of empathy and telepathy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Gigi 2020 said:

Please someone help with direction 

Well, you might just say 'Hi' at the drinking fountain or something and maybe progress to talking about the weather or some gym issue and see what you feel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can try to talk with them, but definitely never mention your belief that you can read each others' thoughts. It's far more likely that you got a small indication and idea that this is happening which was probably you mistranslating an indication, and then have snowballed this into a bigger belief through confirmation bias, as in wanting to confirm your belief because a part of you wants it to be true, because it would be very interesting and exciting. Believe me when I tell you, I've done the same; we all do sometimes. It's really important that you understand that we all do this, though, and don't base a belief on just your own translation of events.

At the least, come back to this thread regularly and tell us any new evidence you think you might have gathered, and you can get 2nd opinions. Never trust on your own opinion alone in matters like this, because we are very good at fooling ourselves. Again, I know from strong experience.

So far, it's hard to say if you have compelling evidence or not. Do you have some more detailed examples on interesting stuff that has happened involving potential unspoken thoughts being passed back and forth? What are some instances you can share?

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _Only said:

You can try to talk with them, but definitely never mention your belief that you can read each others' thoughts. It's far more likely that you got a small indication and idea that this is happening which was probably you mistranslating an indication, and then have snowballed this into a bigger belief through confirmation bias, as in wanting to confirm your belief because a part of you wants it to be true, because it would be very interesting and exciting. Believe me when I tell you, I've done the same; we all do sometimes. It's really important that you understand that we all do this, though, and don't base a belief on just your own translation of events.

At the least, come back to this thread regularly and tell us any new evidence you think you might have gathered, and you can get 2nd opinions. Never trust on your own opinion alone in matters like this, because we are very good at fooling ourselves. Again, I know from strong experience.

So far, it's hard to say if you have compelling evidence or not. Do you have some more detailed examples on interesting stuff that has happened involving potential unspoken thoughts being passed back and forth? What are some instances you can share?

Thank you,

I totally agree with you on that one, wishful thinking to have special ability maybe, that’s what My concern is. I guess Mind triggers us to put pieces together that doesn’t belong. It was just so random, with completely random person that’s why I may have developed it into something more in my mind.

thank you all for input 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

You still have a gym to go to that's open? Lucky you. Mine's been closed for 4 weeks and I really miss it.

What you're experiencing with gym boy isn't telepathy. It's just two people who have a similar schedule and social circle. And are members at the same gym. Most people have routines at the gym. You've simply picked up on his.

Wouldn't you know his name if you were really telepathic?

I was a fitness trainer for about 6 years at two different gyms. I'd see the same members all the time and could also predict their routines. I also ran into many at public locations outside the gym. I never thought for a minute there was anything remotely telepathic or paranormal going on. 

Welcome to UM!

No gyms are closed 3 weeks now but thoughts are still coming though that’s why I wanted to put this out there to try to figure out if it is time to seek help lol

I have the name in my head but I can’t verify it since I don’t know this person nor do I know any of people who knows him 

16 minutes ago, Gigi 2020 said:

No gyms are closed 3 weeks now but thoughts are still coming though that’s why I wanted to put this out there to try to figure out if it is time to seek help lol

I have the name in my head but I can’t verify it since I don’t know this person nor do I know any of people who knows him 

Sounds like a form of rumination, perhaps mild obsession. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gigi 2020 said:

No need to be able to talk if you think you are telepathic. Communicate that way.

Let us know how you get on. ;)

But seriously, Xenofish and Tuco's gas have given you the answers already. 

33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There isn’t an obsession. These are thoughts that pop out of nowhere

i don’t think Of it and then it pops in my head.

i have a busy lifestyle but took time to write on here to see if there are some kind and logical answers to this.

Pre-story to my beliefs are:

many dreams of mines came true

many thoughts that I had, have manifested themselves into reality.

i didn’t just come to this telepathy conclusions without any foundation just FYI

Just now, Gigi 2020 said:

There isn’t an obsession. These are thoughts that pop out of nowhere

i don’t think Of it and then it pops in my head.

i have a busy lifestyle but took time to write on here to see if there are some kind and logical answers to this.

Pre-story to my beliefs are:

many dreams of mines came true

many thoughts that I had, have manifested themselves into reality.

i didn’t just come to this telepathy conclusions without any foundation just FYI

They come from your subconscious which runs your life behind the scenes. You may have unintentionally created a subconscious thought loop. Basically the more you think about him the more you'll think about him. Even without conscious input. So at random times things might trigger a thought about him, as if out of nowhere. In case of dreams coming true, thoughts manifesting, those can be easily chalked up to confirmation bias. I can bet you that if you think about finding a quarter or other such dropped change on the street, you'll start finding them. 

As of right now. I have done my best to give an explanation. I wish you luck. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gigi 2020 said:

however there are always these thoughts that we can communicate with each other through our thoughts 

The old saying of "being on the same wave length" with a person is what it is,sort of paranormal,but more a survival tactic to gain like minded allies.My theory anyway.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gigi 2020 said:

telepathy thoughts started when I knew we would run into each other outside of normal hours usually we run into each. Knowing this person would be be there before I even get in the car to go. I would run into this person somewhere completely in a different place than a gym and I knew in advance that I would run into this person.

Hello,

Many here do not believe that telepathy is a real thing. You are doing it with this guy as well as that gift of precognative knowing which in this instance is a result of the telepathy.

As a spiritual person you would know that soul bonds do exist. They are Often Not Romantic in nature. I suspect that this is the reason you have this connection with him.

Telepathy has been defined for me as a shared experience. That is what quantum entanglement is about. That is when experiences are known together. When he plans to do some thing, you are aware of it if it could relate to you.

You do not know this person from this life time, yes. However you resonate energetically with him in the same ways that identical twins would.

There is a strong possibility that this guy may not even be aware you are picking up on his thoughts this way. He like most would think it was just your imasgination as you first considered yourself.

What I would suggect is having a nice polite telepathic conversation with him at some time. Introduce yourself and speak to him in your mind about your experiences.

I hope my thinking on these things has been helpful.

John

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hello,

Many here do not believe that telepathy is a real thing. You are doing it with this guy as well as that gift of precognative knowing which in this instance is a result of the telepathy.

As a spiritual person you would know that soul bonds do exist. They are Often Not Romantic in nature. I suspect that this is the reason you have this connection with him.

Telepathy has been defined for me as a shared experience. That is what quantum entanglement is about. That is when experiences are known together. When he plans to do some thing, you are aware of it if it could relate to you.

You do not know this person from this life time, yes. However you resonate energetically with him in the same ways that identical twins would.

There is a strong possibility that this guy may not even be aware you are picking up on his thoughts this way. He like most would think it was just your imasgination as you first considered yourself.

What I would suggect is having a nice polite telepathic conversation with him at some time. Introduce yourself and speak to him in your mind about your experiences.

I hope my thinking on these things has been helpful.

John

Thank you John.

really appreciate your respond on this.

i felt very discouraged after all the comments on here and started to stop myself to even thinking about this when thoughts come through. 
I will try to have try to continue “conversating” through my thoughts and be patient about this experience.

thanks again 

1 hour ago, Gigi 2020 said:

Thank you John.

really appreciate your respond on this.

i felt very discouraged after all the comments on here and started to stop myself to even thinking about this when thoughts come through. 
I will try to have try to continue “conversating” through my thoughts and be patient about this experience.

thanks again 

Yes be patient with yourself and how that goes. Do not let those who want to discourage you succeed.

John

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Gigi

I agree with John. Many of my dreams have come true including my mum's passing sadly  and seeing a car accident which subsequently happened even meeting a man I saw in my dreams and connecting Asif I knew them from another life.

I was told by a number of people I was an Intuit and seems you my be too. Believe in your self. It's easier to believe negativity than to encourage others and feel encouraged. We all have worthiness issues unless we are very lucky. 

Love and light to you XX 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 4:05 PM, XenoFish said:

@Gigi 2020 If you don't understand the words, go to dictionary.com and type them in.  What @XenoFish said is simple.