Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syria & pals attacked hospitals and school

Eldorado

"It is “highly probable” the government of Syria or its allies carried out attacks on three healthcare facilities, a school and a refuge for children in northwest Syria last year, according to a summary of an internal United Nations inquiry seen by Reuters on Monday. "

"The Russian and Syrian missions to the United Nations did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the summary of the U.N. report, which Secretary-General Antonio Guterres submitted to the 15-member Security Council on Monday."

At Reuters: Link

NY Times: Link

• Sad 3

I'd read about this yesterday or the day before.  It sounds like the kind of brutality Russia has been known for but I doubt sufficient evidence would be presented and even then, they won't be held accountable.  Accidents occur and civilians are killed unintentionally in war but striking hospitals or schools is an act of terror.  It doesn't weaken troops who are mission-capable.  Bombing hospitals is a war crime.  

• Like 1

To top it off the OPCW has had its Investigation and Identification Team issue their first report on chemical weapon use in Syria today and it has determined elements of the Syrian Arab Airforce used sarin and chlorine gas in an attack on civilians in March of 2017.

https://www.opcw.org/media-centre/news/2020/04/opcw-releases-first-report-investigation-and-identification-team

From what I understand this is only the first report and more are expected.

• Thanks 1