Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreaming of places in 100% detail

UnoZeroZeroQuattro

Premise: i am a skeptic, i came across this website as it provided me some sort of similar experiences from other people around the world. So, i want to learn something as well as letting you know my experience. 

I am an italian sailor, 34, and from time to time in recent years (2 to 3 times a year) i dream of being in different places i've never seen, let me explain... And excuse my bad english... 

- it happens seconds after i begin to sleep, i am still vigil and using my brain like when i am awake 

- i have control of my thoughts and make observations about what's happening, something like thinking "oh it's happening again", "i hope this time doesn't endure just a few seconds" or "it's like watching this from somebody else's eyes" or "she didn't see me" 

- i have control of my eyes and slight movement of my head. 

- as soon as i start moving my body i move backwards and the experience ends 

- i feel extremely calm, every time i don't want it to end

- i feel my weight and my presence in this place, but i don't feel my limbs, something like beeing still or paralyzed

- i move every time just a few centimeters, backwards, i cannot say i'm in control of this movemente, it's weird

- sometimes i see people passing by, doing their things in what i suppose is their house

- everytime it starts by me looking at the corner between two walls, i look around a little bit (i can quantify it as something like 10-15 seconds IRL) and then the backward movement and finish

- everytime is the interior of a perfectly normal house, with furniture and people, and during daylight

What's so shocking for me is the amount of detail, it's like 100% reality: shadows, wood grains, tiles on the floor, the flowery sofa, the carpet and each of its fibers, the light in the bathroom, the bedroom with fluffy sheets, the person in the room, her face, the position and color of the soap on the sink, the fact that the bathroom has no windows and the light is on, the paintings on the wall, cheap frame, each brush stroke, the everyday objects on the furniture.. 

Nothing of this is aestetically beautyful or appealing, it's just somebody else's ordinary house, sometimes more modern (like ikea) sometimes just cheap. 

My analysis: when i think about my ordinary dreams, i see them something like concepts put to some kind of visual rendering, something like imagination, they have no time, daylight and night are simple concepts, lights and shadows are off, people's faces have traits but not details, and usually there's something like a plot occurring, or something is actually happening (giving the illusion of time passing) 

In this phenomenon nothing is happening, people are not aware of me, no plot, no concepts, actual control of thoughts and a single emotion -calmness-, the resolution and detail is absolutely like the reality. It blows my mind. 

If you try, you cannot do this by your own will. Too tiring and difficult for the brain, it's impossible without going through some kind of process of creation of the place, but still, you can only put concepts, you are obligated to process and invent it. 

This is the true difference, i go to sleep, and i'm immediately presented a picture in time of a place that i've never seen nor created. And is impossible i did because i've fell asleep just seconds before (i asked my girlfriend) it's so realistic, the positioning of furniture and object has it's logic, everything is in logical order/disorder, even the crevices and folds of the sheets, the stretching marks on the sofa.. It's unbelievable... 

What i ask you:

If anybody experienced something like this, if there's a method to make it last a bit longer. 

Thank you for reading and ask anything you want. 

Luigi

Edited by UnoZeroZeroQuattro
  • Like 2

Welcome aboard.

I don't know that there is a method to make that specific "half asleep" reverie last longer, but the effect sounds similar to a training regimen of exercises which Tanya Luhrmann (Stanford University, anthorpolgy and psychology) reported in her graduate studies of modern witches in the United Kingdom. Here is her description of it:

http://frequencies.ssrc.org/2011/10/27/magic/

Edited by eight bits
You'd think by now I'd remember that it's two ens in Luhrmann.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, eight bits said:

Welcome aboard.

I don't know that there is a method to make that specific "half asleep" reverie last longer, but the effect sounds similar to a training regimen of exercises which Tanya Luhrmann (Stanford University, anthorpolgy and psychology) reported in her graduate studies of modern witches in the United Kingdom. Here is her description of it:

http://frequencies.ssrc.org/2011/10/27/magic/

Very specific and interesting point of view, i guess i should try it, i don't have so much to do during quarantine :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, UnoZeroZeroQuattro said:

Astral Projection is a big subject nowadays in the paranormal/psychic world. Have you heard or studied much about this as it seems like it has some relation to what you are talking about. You can start on the internet. Perhaps your questions would be better understood and answered by people on the internet interested in astral projection.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tuco's Gas said:

You're "lucid dreaming."

Here's more...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323077

I think it's possible, quite frankly i want to stick to this, instead of wandering around exoteric theories, but at least i should try and learn if somebody else is witnessing something similar to my experience. Thank you very much. 

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Astral Projection is a big subject nowadays in the paranormal/psychic world. Have you heard or studied much about this as it seems like it has some relation to what you are talking about. You can start on the internet. Perhaps your questions would be better understood and answered by people on the internet interested in astral projection.

Thank you for the suggestion, i can't seem to find any article that wraps up what it is with a scientific approach, maybe i'm an idiot but.. Do you have any interesting starting point? Or a link? 

Edited by UnoZeroZeroQuattro

9 hours ago, UnoZeroZeroQuattro said:

Thank you for the suggestion, i can't seem to find any article that wraps up what it is with a scientific approach, maybe i'm an idiot but.. Do you have any interesting starting point? Or a link? 

Astral projection (or astral travel) is a term used in esotericism to describe an intentional out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of a soul or consciousness called an "astral body" that is separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it throughout the universe.

All such 'paranormal things' are controversial. Here is a starter link: What is Astral Projection?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:02 AM, UnoZeroZeroQuattro said:

I read this article recently that dipped into some of the science available on astral projection. The problem is that there are just not enough scientific studies that have been undertaken.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StevieDC said:

I read this article recently that dipped into some of the science available on astral projection. The problem is that there are just not enough scientific studies that have been undertaken.

The problem is not that there are not enough scientific studies.

The problem is that a scientific study of astral projection would prove it exists, if it were a real thing.

If it’s a real thing, it’d be easily proven. 

100% detail = much less when they’re asked to reproduce the detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, Timothy said:

The problem is not that there are not enough scientific studies

I'd agree with that.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, Timothy said:

If it’s a real thing, it’d be easily proven. 

I don't agree with that,by a long shot.Science is still in such an infant stage compared to what the universe has to offer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, openozy said:

I'd agree with that.

I don't agree with that,by a long shot.Science is still in such an infant stage compared to what the universe has to offer.

That's not the point.

With what we know, it should be easy to prove/verify. It doesn't need any yet unknown knowledge.

• Confused 1

@openozy, if anyone can astral project; they should be able to easily provide details which would be impossible for them to know otherwise, and which can be verified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 11:00 AM, StevieDC said:

The problem is that there are just not enough scientific studies that have been undertaken.

why would there be?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@openozy, if anyone can astral project; they should be able to easily provide details which would be impossible for them to know otherwise, and which can be verified.

I think there has been many accounts of people hovering above operating tables giving details of objects they couldn't have possibly seen from their unconscious position,sceptics still arguing about it being fake but with no reasonable answer.

11 hours ago, openozy said:

I think there has been many accounts of people hovering above operating tables giving details of objects they couldn't have possibly seen from their unconscious position,sceptics still arguing about it being fake but with no reasonable answer.

There have been no verifiable accounts of what you’re describing. 
It should be easy...

Edited by Timothy
Format.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Timothy said:

There have been no accounts of what you’re describing. 

I remember seeing a whole documentary on many different cases.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 10:59 AM, openozy said:

I call.  Cite the best one.  (Or run like the wind from that suggestion, as you normally do.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I call.  Cite the best one.  (Or run like the wind from that suggestion, as you normally do.)

Can't really choose,they were all good.

57 minutes ago, openozy said:

Can't really choose,they were all good.

Hilarious.  Welcome to my Ignore list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 2:35 AM, UnoZeroZeroQuattro said:

Premise: i am a skeptic, i came across this website as it provided me some sort of similar experiences from other people around the world. So, i want to learn something as well as letting you know my experience. 

I am an italian sailor, 34, and from time to time in recent years (2 to 3 times a year) i dream of being in different places i've never seen, let me explain... And excuse my bad english... 

- it happens seconds after i begin to sleep, i am still vigil and using my brain like when i am awake 

- i have control of my thoughts and make observations about what's happening, something like thinking "oh it's happening again", "i hope this time doesn't endure just a few seconds" or "it's like watching this from somebody else's eyes" or "she didn't see me" 

- i feel my weight and my presence in this place, but i don't feel my limbs, something like beeing still or paralyzed

- i move every time just a few centimeters, backwards, i cannot say i'm in control of this movemente, it's weird

- sometimes i see people passing by, doing their things in what i suppose is their house

- everytime it starts by me looking at the corner between two walls, i look around a little bit (i can quantify it as something like 10-15 seconds IRL) and then the backward movement and finish

- everytime is the interior of a perfectly normal house, with furniture and people, and during daylight

What's so shocking for me is the amount of detail, it's like 100% reality: shadows, wood grains, tiles on the floor, the flowery sofa, the carpet and each of its fibers, the light in the bathroom, the bedroom with fluffy sheets, the person in the room, her face, the position and color of the soap on the sink, the fact that the bathroom has no windows and the light is on, the paintings on the wall, cheap frame, each brush stroke, the everyday objects on the furniture.. 

Nothing of this is aestetically beautyful or appealing, it's just somebody else's ordinary house, sometimes more modern (like ikea) sometimes just cheap. 

My analysis: when i think about my ordinary dreams, i see them something like concepts put to some kind of visual rendering, something like imagination, they have no time, daylight and night are simple concepts, lights and shadows are off, people's faces have traits but not details, and usually there's something like a plot occurring, or something is actually happening (giving the illusion of time passing) 

In this phenomenon nothing is happening, people are not aware of me, no plot, no concepts, actual control of thoughts and a single emotion -calmness-, the resolution and detail is absolutely like the reality. It blows my mind. 

If you try, you cannot do this by your own will. Too tiring and difficult for the brain, it's impossible without going through some kind of process of creation of the place, but still, you can only put concepts, you are obligated to process and invent it. 

This is the true difference, i go to sleep, and i'm immediately presented a picture in time of a place that i've never seen nor created. And is impossible i did because i've fell asleep just seconds before (i asked my girlfriend) it's so realistic, the positioning of furniture and object has it's logic, everything is in logical order/disorder, even the crevices and folds of the sheets, the stretching marks on the sofa.. It's unbelievable... 

What i ask you:

If anybody experienced something like this, if there's a method to make it last a bit longer. 

Luigi

Yes you can take it a whole lot further if you want. You are experiencing in between states, hypnogogia, sleep paralysis, theta states. If you want to learn how to have more experiences in those states you should look up how to create wake induced lucid dreams (WILD) or astral projection. Really they are the same thing. You can decide for yourself what you think about it. Years ago I wrote a tutorial in the astral projection thread right here on UM. Others have contributed over the the years. Even if you think it is all woo the experiences and techniques are very real. Be warned. Learning to cope with your thoughts, emotions, and constructs in the inner worlds can be a little alarming, but it sounds like your altered state experiences are already positive, so your natural a character may have your mind already good at staying a calm observer.   

On 6/25/2020 at 10:45 AM, White Crane Feather said:

Yes you can take it a whole lot further if you want. You are experiencing in between states, hypnogogia, sleep paralysis, theta states. If you want to learn how to have more experiences in those states you should look up how to create wake induced lucid dreams (WILD) or astral projection. Really they are the same thing. You can decide for yourself what you think about it. Years ago I wrote a tutorial in the astral projection thread right here on UM. Others have contributed over the the years. Even if you think it is all woo the experiences and techniques are very real. Be warned. Learning to cope with your thoughts, emotions, and constructs in the inner worlds can be a little alarming, but it sounds like your altered state experiences are already positive, so your natural a character may have your mind already good at staying a calm observer.   

Why?

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, UnoZeroZeroQuattro said:

What i ask you:

Luigi

I am also a skeptic when it comes to the supernatural in general, however, I have on many occasions in my life experienced what is known as Dayshavoo. This first happened to me when I was child, I would go places with my family and suddenly I would have very strong feelings that I was there before. When I was a soldier in the US Army stationed over sea's this also happen to me many times. My family immigrated from Germany in the 1950's, and I was born in the United States in 1959, after I joined the US Army I was station back in Germany. A friend and I took our leave in country and set out on a planned trip to different locations, one of the places we went was Berchtesgaden Germany which was the Mountain retreat of the Third Reich. All the Senior Nazis along with Hitler had homes there, it is also the location of the Eagles Nest which was built for Hitler on top of a Mountain overlooking Berchtesgaden. Also located there was the Hotel General Walker which use to be the Hotel were high ranking dignitaries and foreign heads of state would stay when they were having conferences with Hitler.

As soon as I walked into the place, that feeling of Dayshavoo really took my breath away, and no matter where we went inside that building it stayed with me, it was like I knew what to expect as we turned every corner and I felt like I had just recently been there. After the first day, it was much less intense, which was great, because it is kinda unnerving when it effects me so strongly. Later on the second day we went on a bunker tour, it is pretty amazing that the entire area had crisscrossing tunnels which lead to and large unground fortification built for Hitlers, and the other leaders of the Third Reich's safety. When we entered the bunker again the old Dayshavoo kicked in just as strong as it had been before and as we moved through the tunnels to the main bunker section it was like I had walked through it just yesterday an in reality I had never been there before. I don't know what to make of these experiences, but this has occurred all my life in different places around the world, but the thing that bothers me most is I never know when it will happen next.

The reason I posted this here is because your experience reminded me of how vivid my experiences with Dayshavoo are, and the way you explained your dreams brought my experiences flooding back.

Thanks for your thread, I enjoyed it

Peace Luigi                     

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Why?

Internal constructs can be quite alarming in behavior and in visual presentation. It’s not always roses and sunshine. 

Edited by White Crane Feather

50 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

Internal constructs can be quite alarming in behavior and in visual presentation. It’s not always roses and sunshine. 

That I know, but I am interested in what you specifically find alarming about it?
Curious basically. 

35 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

That I know, but I am interested in what you specifically find alarming about it?
Curious basically. 

Ever have a nightmare? It’s not nice. Imagine a recurring dream character that seems to want to sabotage your internal work. Or hands that lock into your side and throw you about. You can feel the intense grip. Imagine something grabbing your feet and dragging you off the bed. It can be alarming to someone who has not experienced these things before. A good analogy in movies for something that can happen is the character Decaprio plays in the movie Inception that has to deal with the internal construct of his dead wife that is a manifestation of his guilt. In shamanic terms you would call it a bad spirit that has locked onto his soul, in new age terms it might be a NEG, and in Christian and other religious terms it would be a demon. More Jungian terminology it might be an archetype or internal construct. 

Not many people work internally anymore besides some Native American practices, so you don’t hear about these things as much or they sound like woo... and frankly there are a lot of pretenders out there, so some of it is. Your mind and what makes you you is terribly more complicated than most people can imagine.

Even the feeling of energy surging through your body or the massive sound of shifting to a different state can be terribly alarming without any of the visual stuff. People who have not experienced it before are often shocked and their lives changed.

Edited by White Crane Feather
M
  • Like 1