Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voynich Manuscript

Holyspirit

rgxoz6wbalt31.jpg

For anyone not familiar, my interpretation of the Voynich Manuscript, sets this books time period at its creation in 1910 by Wilfrid Voynich himself or maybe he had help from the Vatican with the books creation.  There is just to many anomalies with the piece of work to label it pre Renaissance 1404-1438, however Wilfrid did use old vellum and a quill.  The books ink contains Titanium which is a modern alloy.  Also some of the illustrations do not conform to Europe and the technology of an earlier period.   I firmly state that the text is a work of abstract Morse Code used to render it hidden from frequency attacks.  Also the text relies on anagrams a further hiding  its meaning.

My way about decoding the manuscript is a little complex and somewhat abstract.  I will have to number my steps! Lets start with the cipher.

https://voynichman.freeforums.net/attachment/download/86

1) Each glyph can represent 1 or more dots and dashes

2) Lets use my MS ACCESS Database as Dashes then dots to bring about a total which represents an Italian word.  Voynich vords are comprised of glyphs and each vord retains a sum total of dashes and dots.

2a.  This Italian word is "no -. ---" for instance stems from the Voynich glyph  "8".

2b.  While searching through the database for ----. you would find the Italian word "no" as in -. ---.

It's that simple, but when trying to bring a narrative together the choice of words can be subjective however subjectivity is narrowed through English not Italian grammar and at times, the sentences when decoding can follow phrase like structure which may seem sort of disjointed.  Because Voynich was not fluent in Italian.  He was merely resorting to a Italian dictionary for each English word behind the archaic Morse Code glyphs.

https://www.jasondavies.com/voynich/#f67r1_f67r2/0.503/0.487/1.70

I'm limiting this offer to read my book free along with utilizing the database for use involved with decoding the Voynich vords, until people get over the Covid-19 Virus! You can engage yourself into another aspect of the possibility for a reading of the Voynich Manuscript, this is my way of offering a distraction.   This is 12 years of my work to find out how to read the Voynich Manuscript.  What I found was that the ink as titanium should be very rare in a medieval document.  Also many depictions regarding the art, should have no bearing or place within the Voynich Manuscript.  I have found provenance within the document as well as the Arthur's name! 

You will find this as my greatest work along with many pictures and a great adventure while reading and even going on to decode the rest of the Manuscript yourself.  Good luck :)

Before I begin, I have constructed an MS Access database using MS

Office 2010 containing over 100,000 thousand defined Italian words and if

you find some words not defined then go to deepl translator and copy and

paste words. This database eases the burden for finding Italian words

tremendously while decoding. I use this strategy while decoding Italian

words. First I divide the total dash & dot count of the Italian word by 2.5 to get the average word 
length of the Italian word.

Next I search through the database by setting it

to ascending, current document, whole field, all and match case. The

average word length helps me identify the likely Italian word. I proceed to

type in either dashes & dots, dashes or just dots to find the Italian words

which may fit the narrative or a label from the Voynich Manuscript. 

MSACCES Database

Password for rar file is:

Michal

and Password for Database is:

Michal

drive.google.com/open?id=1AzIkaYQm43NP2NN4EAzI0kiVC7GseQ8T

Voynich Morse Code Steganography Cipher

If you wish to support my work you can purchase it at: *Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Rule 4a Advertising - Removed commercial link.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

I firmly state that the text is a work of abstract Morse Code used to render it hidden from frequency attacks. 

Could you please explain this?  What kind of frequency attacks would a book need protection from?

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Could you please explain this?  What kind of frequency attacks would a book need protection from?

5G... :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

A simple google search shows this tool which is used for analyzing the most occurring letters in alphabets for different languages.  This is quite helpful in solving simple substitution ciphers which apparently the Voynich Manuscript is not.

https://md5decrypt.net/en/Letters-frequency-analysis/

13 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

A simple google search shows this tool which is used for analyzing the most occurring letters in alphabets for different languages.  This is quite helpful in solving simple substitution ciphers which apparently the Voynich Manuscript is not.

https://md5decrypt.net/en/Letters-frequency-analysis/

So a program that analyzes the number of occurrences of letters in a document is a "frequency attack"?  In what way is that an attack and how is the morse code depicted in the document?  Is it just random letters that are substituted for a morse code equivalent?

• Like 4

I personally feel the Voynich Manuscript, possibly written in

the 15th century! Was just a person experimenting with consuming plantlife and out of their mind decided to document it. lol :lol:

Edited by drakonwick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

So a program that analyzes the number of occurrences of letters in a document is a "frequency attack"?  In what way is that an attack and how is the morse code depicted in the document?  Is it just random letters that are substituted for a morse code equivalent?

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz = plain text

zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba = Caesar cipher

Lets use the Caesar cipher above which is a simple substitution cipher.

A general wishes to send the message.  "Attack at Dawn".  however he does not want the enemy to know what the message reads if it gets intercepted, so he uses the above cipher to write the message which only his colonel has at a distance from where he is stationed. 

So he encrypts the message and it now reads,  "Zggzxp zg Wgdn".

First off, one must guess the language and also the decoder probably does not know the method of encryption, so a start would be a frequency analysis starting with English to attack common letters with the highest frequency.

To answer your 2nd question:  The voynich glyphs were laid down in random and a vord is just the total of dots and dashes.  The vord relates to 1 or more glyphs which totals a vord.  A voynich vord like "89" can represent the Italian word, "Mio" which is -- .. --- in Morse Code. Translates to "My". 

voynichcount3.jpg

89.PNG

@Tom O'Neil, so you think this document was written in code, using morse code that was not invented until the telegraph was invented, so you are saying the document was written in the 20th century instead of the 15th century?

You are foolish to pretend like you had to explain codes to anyone on this forum who did not ask for that explanation.  A document that is old is not under "attack" when someone is trying to decipher it.  If it were a war missive I might and current to a ongoing war, maybe, accept your definition of "under attack" but no, not a document that is old.  I suspect the attention you are seeking will not happen on this forum,

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@Tom O'Neil, so you think this document was written in code, using morse code that was not invented until the telegraph was invented, so you are saying the document was written in the 20th century instead of the 15th century?

You are foolish to pretend like you had to explain codes to anyone on this forum who did not ask for that explanation.  A document that is old is not under "attack" when someone is trying to decipher it.  If it were a war missive I might and current to a ongoing war, maybe, accept your definition of "under attack" but no, not a document that is old.  I suspect the attention you are seeking will not happen on this forum,

I agree to disagree and perhaps your not savvy in this area of expertise.  I understand as I have devoted 12 years of my life to this manuscript and it can be quite overwhelming to the novice such as yourself Desertrat56.   You should go back to English 101 and work on your grammar and sentence structure as I can barely make sense of your dribble, which you might call writing.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tom O'Neil said:

ou should go back to English 101 and work on your grammar and sentence structure as I can barely make sense of your dribble, which you might call writing.

:lol:  Maybe you should go back to school and learn English if you don't understand my "dribble" because  my English is fine.  You didn't answer my question about what year you think the manuscript was written.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol:  Maybe you should go back to school and learn English if you don't understand my "dribble" because  my English is fine.  You didn't answer my question about what year you think the manuscript was written.

Its in the opening of my post

.  Read the screen, wow its so sad dealing with incompetent people who just hate instead of read.

7 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Its in the opening of my post

.  Read the screen, wow its so sad dealing with incompetent people who just hate instead of read.

You are talking about yourself I assume.  I ask questions, I don't "hate".  I read it and I had questions but you react as if I have peed in your cereal.  That is your problem, not mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have actually been to Yale and booked out the Voynich Manuscript from the Beinecke Library for an afternoon.  I also bought their beautiful copy of the manuscript of the book, which is pretty choice (5 stars, would recommend), as well as the PDF.

Some of you will know I have a background in linguistics, and while I have no formal training in decryption, I have read a bit on the subject.  Of course people with really amazing qualifications in the matter have not been able to crack the Voynich, and I won't even pretend that I am anything other than a curious onlooker who occasionally gets a bit over-enthusiastic.

Having spent a while messing around with it and examining other people's work and theories, one thing that pops out at me is that I seriously think that there is more than one language involved, or that the cipher changes at certain points, or perhaps both simultaneously.  I get the feeling that if the document has a decoder key that it has been lost, but I expect there are clues in the script that if you crack a part of it will potentially open up another part.  My reasoning for this?  People do seem to have cracked parts of it, but then they hit a wall, and their key fails. 

This is of course assuming that the book has any meaning at all, and isn't simply pages of rando squiggles that was made to look authentic so doctors could appear authoritative and refer to a book that no-one else could read.  There are days when I have wished I could do this to undergrads so they'd get out of my office, but I am not always a misanthropic turd.  

• Thanks 4

• 2 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 12:59 AM, Tom O'Neil said:

... perhaps your not savvy ...

... go back to English 101 and work on your grammar and sentence structure ...

... I can barely make sense of your dribble, ...

People in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

PS:

“Dribble” and “drivel” originally meant the same thing: drool. But the two words have become differentiated. When you mean to criticize someone else’s speech as stupid or pointless, the word you want is “drivel.”

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/25/dribble/#:~:text=“Dribble” and “drivel”,you want is “drivel.”

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 4:09 AM, Alchopwn said:

This is of course assuming that the book has any meaning at all, and isn't simply pages of rando squiggles that was made to look authentic so doctors could appear authoritative and refer to a book that no-one else could read. ...

That would be my guess.  A prop for a for a gentrified quack.

• Haha 3

On 6/15/2020 at 3:43 PM, Golden Duck said:

That would be my guess.  A prop for a for a gentrified quack.

A duck call?

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a book on the Cathars, and the author mentions the manuscript, and also the Tarot cards in relation to this christian sect the Catholic Church wiped out  eventually. Now whether it was written by them, or someone else who knows.  The author of the book i have mentions it  might turn out to be just a medieval herbalist book after all, which is in a way, if true, kind of a let down.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing to consider and this is not a new idea, the book was created with the sole purpose of being sold. Completely made up non-language of nonsense with art included to dupe a wealthy noble out of cash. Books were rare and it was not unknown at the time some were written in code. Someone could have taken the time to create a bogus book for the only purpose of separating some funds from a lord or academic and nothing more.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting new article about Voynich Manuscript, and a possible new theory about the 'writer':

https://www.wshu.org/post/path-revisited-voynich-manuscript#stream/0

''Zyats speculates the book may have been written by a woman: the female forms are just a little too distinct and naturalistic. Honestly, upper-class women [in the time], not a lot to do all day,- she said. I can see creating and creating and writing down. In that case, the code may have been created to keep a medieval woman’s secrets about herbs, astrology and childbirth out of the hands of men. If so, it’s been vastly successful.''

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, Tom O'Neil said:

I agree to disagree and perhaps your not savvy in this area of expertise.  I understand as I have devoted 12 years of my life to this manuscript and it can be quite overwhelming to the novice such as yourself Desertrat56.   You should go back to English 101 and work on your grammar and sentence structure as I can barely make sense of your dribble, which you might call writing.

You might want to look at some other Renaissance "joke" books. There's a whole tradition of books written in "foreign" languages that seem to be translatable but in reality are not: they simply have no content to translate. It's the equivalent of typing random letters like "aos pkatring lfaergibus" The joke is that all the work putative translators put in is always already wasted because there's nothing to translate.

BTW -- and I know it was months ago -- but commenting negatively on someone else's writing and grammar is specifically against the site TOS. It's also elitist and condescending and makes you look like a bad person. And you're not a bad person, right?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2