Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Guyver

The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch

225 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Guyver

The History Channel has released their second episode of the first season of this new series.  Here's their own link to the series information.  Link

For those who are not familiar with the Skinwalker Ranch, it is a very well known place for its bizarre history of UFO related events.  Here's a link to that part.  Link

So, for those following the show what are your initial thoughts on the first two episodes and the anomalies they have observed? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

For those who have not seen the show, it is brought to you by the same folks that brought you the "Curse of Oak Island" and the show seems to follow a similar format.  It is even narrated by the same person who narrates the Oak Island show.  

I have enjoyed the series so far, though I do admit it is still television.....so it has that aspect to it.  Like for example, the "cliffhanger" from the first episode was much less exciting than it was built up to be IMO.  

Obviously, the ranch has quite a history and has been studied extensively, but apparently most of the findings are not made public?  Some events claimed to be observed or documented are....

UFO's

Strange LIghts

Cattle Mutilations

Unusual electronic equipment failures

High levels of electromagnetic and microwave radiation - sometimes "dangerous" to human levels

Unusual creatures of an "animal" kind

People hearing voices and/or seeing paranormal type entities

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney

Brandon Fugal was to make lots of money using utter crankage. Which is why he bought the place to begin with.

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

 but apparently most of the findings are not made public? 

That's because they actually prove the sightings are crapola.

10 minutes ago, Guyver said:

High levels of electromagnetic and microwave radiation - sometimes "dangerous" to human levels

More like a Uranium deposit. Which are known to be in the area. 

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

 it is brought to you by the same folks that brought you the "Curse of Oak Island" and the show seems to follow a similar format.  It is even narrated by the same person who narrates the Oak Island show.  

Which is a flow of pure manure too.......

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Which is a flow of pure manure too.......

Sigh.  So, you're the first responder, and the thread closer as well?  Not surprised.

In any event, it seems you are not interested in the topic, think it's BS, and haven't watched the show.  I don't understand why you felt the need to say anything in the first place.  I started this thread for the benefit of those interested in the topic, and who wish to discuss it.  FYI.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
14 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Sigh.  So, you're the first responder, and the thread closer as well?  Not surprised.

In any event, it seems you are not interested in the topic, think it's BS, and haven't watched the show.  I don't understand why you felt the need to say anything in the first place.  I started this thread for the benefit of those interested in the topic, and who wish to discuss it.  FYI.  

I am discussing it and think it's B.S., which is why I am responding. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
11 minutes ago, Piney said:

I am discussing it and think it's B.S., which is why I am responding. 

 

Your opinion has been noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

So, for those following the show what are your initial thoughts on the first two episodes and the anomalies they have observed? 

I think this place has so many real mysteries and is in no way just a hoax. The scientist guy is in over his head by using physical measurement instruments. He sees anomalies all the time but the source will continue to elude him. I think what they need is also a team of people claiming psychic insight to contribute their observations (hopefully next season).  

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think this place has so many real mysteries and is in no way just a hoax. The scientist guy is in over his head by using physical measurement instruments. He sees anomalies all the time but the source will continue to elude him. I think what they need is also a team of people claiming psychic insight to contribute their observations (hopefully next season).  

I agree that there are real mysteries of some type occurring in that location. 

Just for general purposes I have been looking into the notion of uranium deposits being a cause of the phenomenon, as mentioned by a previous poster. I don't think that is a very valid notion, based on my research.  First of all, it is true that uranium has been mined in Utah and is currently being mined at the White Mesa Mill using conventional methods.  But this mine is hundreds of miles away from the Skin Walker Ranch.  Obviously, even if there were higher levels than normal of uranium on the property, it would not explain the existence of UFO's or cattle mutilations there.  

 Secondly, I can find no information suggesting that uranium deposits in the ground could be the cause of microwave radiation.  In fact, I find the opposite.  According to this link, and others, uranium is a naturally occurring element found in low levels in virtually all rock, soil, and water, and even our own bodies.  It is considered more plentiful than gold, mercury, silver or tungsten and is about as abundant as tin.  While there is some information relating to potential mining hazards for humans, these had to do with lung cancers or kidney problems, and not visible or auditory hallucinations.  

So, the idea of uranium deposits being a cause of the phenomenon is not a likely explanation from I can tell at this time.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
8 minutes ago, Guyver said:

it would not explain the existence of UFO's or cattle mutilations there.  

Have been proven to be predators and insurance fraud. :rolleyes:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation

Oh, yeah...Uranium is in all quartz and granite deposits of volcanic origin. Even in trace amounts, so your "research" might want to include a few geology courses. 

Even the quartz deposits in Maryland, where the Uranium levels are negligible and the radiation harmless will set a geiger counter ticking. Which is why they are worthless with some UFO crackpot waving one around. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Oh, yeah...Uranium is in all quartz and granite deposits of volcanic origin. Even in trace amounts, so your "research" might want to include a few geology courses. 

 

You think microwave radiation and radioactive decay are the same thing.  Best if you not lecture me about getting an education.  In fact, I would appreciate it if you don't respond to me any more.  Thank you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Have been proven to be predators and insurance fraud. :rolleyes:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation

 

You think this proves anything?   Good thing I asked you to stop responding to me.  A possible explanation is proof of nothing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Guyver said:

You think this proves anything?   Good thing I asked you to stop responding to me.  A possible explanation is proof of nothing.  

Put me on ignore then. 

 

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

You think microwave radiation and radioactive decay are the same thing.  Best if you not lecture me about getting an education.  In fact, I would appreciate it if you don't respond to me any more.  Thank you.  

Microwave radiation comes from radios and phone towers and "dangerous levels" are only found inside cooking devices. 

I will keep responding. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alchopwn

Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch?  Piney, you been out trolling the Mormons again buddy?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Alchopwn said:

Secrets of Skinwalker Ranch?  Piney, you been out trolling the Mormons again buddy?

They completely disappeared from the roads. I guess the Magic UnderwearTM doesn't work against Covid-19. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
47 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I agree that there are real mysteries of some type occurring in that location. 

Just for general purposes I have been looking into the notion of uranium deposits being a cause of the phenomenon, as mentioned by a previous poster. I don't think that is a very valid notion, based on my research.  First of all, it is true that uranium has been mined in Utah and is currently being mined at the White Mesa Mill using conventional methods.  But this mine is hundreds of miles away from the Skin Walker Ranch.  Obviously, even if there were higher levels than normal of uranium on the property, it would not explain the existence of UFO's or cattle mutilations there.  

 Secondly, I can find no information suggesting that uranium deposits in the ground could be the cause of microwave radiation.  In fact, I find the opposite.  According to this link, and others, uranium is a naturally occurring element found in low levels in virtually all rock, soil, and water, and even our own bodies.  It is considered more plentiful than gold, mercury, silver or tungsten and is about as abundant as tin.  While there is some information relating to potential mining hazards for humans, these had to do with lung cancers or kidney problems, and not visible or auditory hallucinations.  

So, the idea of uranium deposits being a cause of the phenomenon is not a likely explanation from I can tell at this time.  

I agree that uranium even with whatever level exists could explain paranormal/crypto/alien stuff going on. I do think the Native American curse and Skinwalker phenomena is involved too. Maybe also portal locations to the 'beyond the physical'. Again, I repeat my call for psychic investigators.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
17 minutes ago, Piney said:

Put me on ignore then. 

Not a bad idea.  

Quote

Microwave radiation comes from radios and phone towers and "dangerous levels" are only found inside cooking devices. 

Once again, it seems you don't really know what you're talking about.  

Quote

I will keep responding

Of course you will.  Your over-inflated ego will allow you to do no less.  Don't expect much back from me though because I think you're all hat and no cattle.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I agree that uranium even with whatever level exists could explain paranormal/crypto/alien stuff going on. 

Why would you think that?  Do you have any reason to believe that elevated levels of uranium in the ground could cause these effects?

Quote

I do think the Native American curse and Skinwalker phenomena is involved too. Maybe also portal locations to the 'beyond the physical'. Again, I repeat my call for psychic investigators.

I don't think there's anything to the skinwalker curse myself, and I don't know what good psychic investigators would do, but that's just my opinion.  I do agree with exploring all the physical possibilities of the phenomenon as they are doing on the show now, and the elevated levels of microwaves in the area is a great place to start.  The reason is that exposure to high levels of microwave radiation can cause auditory effects according some sources, and have been used as weapons by the US military.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Once again, it seems you don't really know what you're talking about.  

 

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/radiation-exposure/radiofrequency-radiation.html

I would like to see proof of "dangerous levels"  of microwave radiation found outdoors.

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

 because I think you're all hat and no cattle.  

It's what I think of the Skinwalker Ranch fiasco.

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

 Your over-inflated ego will allow you to do no less. 

Your real problem is "yuppie jealousy" because I'm a "Trust Fund Baby". 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Guyver said:

I don't think there's anything to the skinwalker curse myself,

:tsu:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I do think the Native American curse and Skinwalker phenomena is involved too.

Because your completely ignorant of what a Skinwalker actually is. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
8 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Why would you think that?  Do you have any reason to believe that elevated levels of uranium in the ground could cause these effects?

Oops, there was a typo in my quote you responded to: I said:

I agree that uranium even with whatever level exists could explain paranormal/crypto/alien stuff going on. 

I meant to say:

I agree that uranium even with whatever level exists could not explain the paranormal/crypto/alien stuff going on. 

OOPS!

11 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I don't think there's anything to the skinwalker curse myself, and I don't know what good psychic investigators would do, but that's just my opinion.  I do agree with exploring all the physical possibilities of the phenomenon as they are doing on the show now, and the elevated levels of microwaves in the area is a great place to start.  The reason is that exposure to high levels of microwave radiation can cause auditory effects according some sources, and have been used as weapons by the US military.  

And I feel psychic investigators can sense things physical instruments can not make sense of. Maybe we have a fundamental difference (beyond this Skinwalker Ranch case) on the paranormal and psychic sensitives.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Because your completely ignorant of what a Skinwalker actually is. 

I have heard the thoughts of many others and also know your propensity to insist you are the only one that ever knows the facts.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I have heard the thoughts of many others and also know your propensity to insist you are the only one that ever knows the facts.

They should read some anthropology on the Dine' before voicing such thoughts. 

and when it comes to Native culture, I most certainly know more than you. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I agree that there are real mysteries of some type occurring in that location. 

Actually, no, there aren't. When Robert Bigelow purchased the Skinwalker Ranch, he hired PhD-level scientists, as well as paranormal researchers to look for phenomena. They surveilled the area 24/7 for nearly a decade and saw zip, zilch, nada. Okay, so they saw a few cattle mutilations, but it was normal cattle carcass predation and nothing unusual.

Furthermore, there are no skinwalkers at Skinwalker Ranch, because skinwalkers do not exist. The name of the ranch was taken from a novel. It was a marketing ploy, nothing more. The show is more of the same. It has no substance, is poorly scripted, and so contrived it's laughable. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kittens Are Jerks
36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Oops, there was a typo in my quote you responded to: I said:

I agree that uranium even with whatever level exists could explain paranormal/crypto/alien stuff going on. 

I meant to say:

I agree that uranium even with whatever level exists could not explain the paranormal/crypto/alien stuff going on. 

OOPS!

You were right the first time.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.