Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

UFOs at the Moon?

Eldorado

"Alien enthusiasts are actively searching for answers and raw footage following the recent upload of a surprisingly clear video showing several mysterious objects floating over the moon.

"YouTuber Jean-Michel Tenac piqued the interest of conspiracy theorists and UFO hunters earlier this month over their upload “OVNI sur la Lune,” which translates from French to “UFO on the moon.”"

Full monty at Sputnik: Link

YouTube (70secs):

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Bad CGI.....especially since they look too clear through the atmosphere and are large enough (too large actually) to be picked up by several astronomers and telescopes.  

I disagree disagree.. they look too clear because, they went through an ultimate hand car wash and valeting centre first... plus the oxygen/air is cleaner because we have fewer cars and planes mobile during this Chinese Flu thingy... also the astronomers and telescope geeks are on lock down and the Earth is definitely flat, you can see from the angle the space ships are flying across the face of the moon.. Did I mention the moon is made of cheese? 

• Haha 5

sci-nerd
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I disagree disagree.. they look too clear because, they went through an ultimate hand car wash and valeting centre first... plus the oxygen/air is cleaner because we have fewer cars and planes mobile during this Chinese Flu thingy... also the astronomers and telescope geeks are on lock down and the Earth is definitely flat, you can see from the angle the space ships are flying across the face of the moon.. Did I mention the moon is made of cheese? 

You forgot:

The Moon is sponsored by McDonald's & M&M's

Patent pending Donald Trump Inc.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Thanks 2

Emma_Acid

Should be pretty easy for any independent astronomer to train their telescopes onto the moon to confirm the discovery of the millennia then shouldn't it?

I wonder why that won't happen...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Piney
31 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Patent pending Donald Trump Inc.

That's what the U.S. Space Farce is for. Build a wall around the moon to keep the Chinese out.  :yes:

• Haha 3

ChrLzs

And how many amateur and professional astronomers have their scopes trained on the Moon at any given moment?  Yet, just this one saw it?

I'm most impressed by not so much the photography or content, but the fortune telling of the photographer - they knew exactly where to point their field of view to capture the little blighters... remarkable!!!!

Sorry, but this is 100% CGI, using a still image of the moon and a few fairly basic effects.  If I thought it was worthy of further attention, I'd hunt down the original image....

It even got duplicated here:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MissJatti

I did not know there was smoke/mist/fog in space

ChrLzs
On 4/9/2020 at 4:35 PM, MissJatti said:

I did not know there was smoke/mist/fog in space

I think the intention was that the idiots who'd fall for it would think that it was taken by a really high powered telescope here on earth, and the (CGI-added) 'mist' was just passing clouds.  Similarly with the unrealistic wobbly effect that is meant to (but doesn't) look like atmospheric distortions...

I'm pretty sure that the base image of the moon is not from any terrestrial amateur scope, but was likely taken from a spacecraft in lunar orbit (Apollo, LRO, whatever), or a very large observatory.

• Like 1

astrobeing
On 4/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, Piney said:

Bad CGI.....especially since they look too clear through the atmosphere and are large enough (too large actually) to be picked up by several astronomers and telescopes.  

At least they tried to get the shadows on the Moon correct but some of them are too large and inconsistent, as if the Sun were just a few miles away from the surface.

• Thanks 1