Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman captures 'ghostly figure' on CCTV

UM-Bot

And there you have it...

While there certainly does appear to be something unusual going on in the video, there is a strong possibility that the 'ghost' could simply be a technical glitch with the CCTV.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Stiff said:

While there certainly does appear to be something unusual going on in the video, there is a strong possibility that the 'ghost' could simply be a technical glitch with the CCTV.

Yeah, I'm with Stiff. My dad-in-law fell walking down his back steps once. We caught it on the camera attacked to his office next door. The video was fine until it started glitching. It glitched when he was falling, while he was on the ground, and after he got up. While walking away, he left himself standing there dusting himself off. Things happen glitch-wise sometimes. It is freaky from time to time, but explainable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When i see it the second time it's a bit different 

Well, this is another one of those low effort articles on an alleged ghost video capture. Do they know what I regular person would look like doing similar things?

But, let's do it (been awhile): Papameter (patent pending) reading:

Paranormal 50%    Normal  50%

Influencing factors: accompanied with odd noise

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Influencing factors: accompanied with odd noise

lff3.gif

• Thanks 2

It's really interesting! But honestly it just looks like some type of error in the camera causing a distortion.

Sorry, but I find it seriously underwhelming... 

Almost all cameras of this type use jpeg compression, which essentially means that it uses various techniques to compress/shrink the file size, and that process compromises the quality.  It does this by averaging the content of 8x8 pixel blocks, and also trying to reuse the same blocks when they roughly match a different part of the image.

To be particular, if the image shows a moving object that is very close in color/brightness level to the background, it will tend to be 'blended' in to that background, by the jpeg process re-using similar 8x8 blocks.  It's not so much a glitch, as just what happens when you reach the extreme ends of the brightness range (both light and dark areas can suffer from this effect).  It can cause a 'ghost-like' effect, which is all I am seeing here.

Why don't they just ask the neighbors?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Probably just a kid taking out garbage wearing black.

• Like 2

I have no idea about video technology but it does appear to glitched out at 20:10:29, so I would say glitchy footage.

Chinese lantern! 

edit: Oh, wrong forum area! :lol:

Edited by _Only

On 4/10/2020 at 10:16 PM, ChrLzs said:

Almost all cameras of this type use jpeg compression, which essentially means that it uses various techniques to compress/shrink the file size, and that process compromises the quality.  It does this by averaging the content of 8x8 pixel blocks, and also trying to reuse the same blocks when they roughly match a different part of the image.

I remember back int he day when YouTube videos were showing better lit examples of bad jpeg compression garbling faces to say the people in video are Reptilian shape shifters.

Frick, they're still doing it!

• Haha 3

Majority of those cameras - whoever sells them - is produced for profit, not for quality. Many errors in that equipment. A lot of skipped frames and 'person with (flashlight?) part' surely points out this problem.

After all who would pay 20 or 30k for such system today. Even when the price was as high as that (i worked in security installations company when it was very profitable) the equipment was mostly poor quality and it's still technically hard to achieve both quality and 'endurance' even today. At least it is for average sums of money.

I see a person with a torch. For some reason the “ film” has rendered it invisible?