Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden 2020 general election poll.

spartan max2

2020 General election predictions.  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2020 general election?

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Would be crazy is none won 

Well the governors seem to be doing well enough managing their own states, maybe we should try it for another 4 years.

I wonder how big a part younger people will play in this election.  They must be a little put off by great-grandfathers being the only candidates.  Will they look at policies and potential VP's and cabinet members  assuming that the leader in either case could be little more than a figure head or senile before 2024? Or will they just say f it and not vote at all?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

I voted Trump because I believe he'll win.  About 40-45 percent are not going to vote for Biden and another 5-10 percent will side with the known factor rather than Biden in a time of instability.  As to "independents" or third parties, we would essentially become a Parliamentary system and that is not the same as a Constitutional Republic.  See the current train wreck in Israel for the worst case in such systems.

Israel is an interesting example. But if you want to see Parliamentary Democracy gone mad, I would suggest Italy is a better example ? (61 governments since 1945)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Israel is an interesting example. But if you want to see Parliamentary Democracy gone mad, I would suggest Italy is a better example ? (61 governments since 1945)

Sacré bleu they've overtaken the Frogs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm predicting Biden.

I think Trump was going to always win against Bernie and lose against Biden.

Trump was telling people to vote for Bernie for a reason. His strategist see what I see. 

King Trump by huuuge landslide, biggest ever.

Trump is still stirring the Bernie Bros into not supporting Biden.... For most, it's Bernie or bust.

Doing this has zero to do with Bernie ever having a chance versus Trump.

It's all about securing the largest landslide victory in history and be very difficult to ever beat in the future.

Here's todays tweet from Trump targeting Bernie voters:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Be logical here acidhead.  

Trump won by electoral votes last time.  Even hateful Hillary got 3 million more popular votes than Deceiving Donald.

We have had 3+ years of President Trump doing what he does best.  His base loves him, he alienates the rest which is why his base loves him.   That has not ever got him much above 50-50 at the best of times.  Hardly seems like the greatest landslide ever.

He may win the electoral votes again but not by a larger margin than last time.  And he may well lose the popular vote again.  

What may tell the story is Congressional races.  Dealing with Nancy and Mitch  might be the critical issue to some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

Trump is still stirring the Bernie Bros into not supporting Biden.... For most, it's Bernie or bust.

Doing this has zero to do with Bernie ever having a chance versus Trump.

It's all about securing the largest landslide victory in history and be very difficult to ever beat in the future.

Here's todays tweet from Trump targeting Bernie voters:

I think Trump will probably lose unless some big event happens.

The year for the outsiders candidate was 2016. 

Also that tweet is silly, Bloomberg was still in the race Super Tuesday siphoning more votes away from Biden then Warren did to Bernie. Plus Warren dropped out later in the race and it didn't appear to help Bernie at all.

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Be logical here acidhead.  

Trump won by electoral votes last time.  Even hateful Hillary got 3 million more popular votes than Deceiving Donald.

We have had 3+ years of President Trump doing what he does best.  His base loves him, he alienates the rest which is why his base loves him.   That has not ever got him much above 50-50 at the best of times.  Hardly seems like the greatest landslide ever.

He may win the electoral votes again but not by a larger margin than last time.  And he may well lose the popular vote again.  

What may tell the story is Congressional races.  Dealing with Nancy and Mitch  might be the critical issue to some.

Once again, we're faced with two bad choices. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If Biden wins, I don't see him making it more than a year. Especially if he takes a female running mate. I said before these pictures will come back to haunt him. Not to mention the other ones. A shame but a very real possibility. That's how DC seems to be operating on all appointments. Just mho, but he doesn't want to cross them.

Will Joe Biden Pick A Former Foe As His VP? | Vanity Fair

Yang and Booker endorse Biden, here's who other candidates have ...

Edited by susieice

Trump needs to be imprisoned for improper performance of presidential duties and he also has a high rating.
Do Americans like him like Putin?
Also, by the vote of his party, it is decided whether to impeach him or not, and why not the court does it?
That's because of such lawlessness, you will die and Trump, thanks to your voices, will have high chances.

3 hours ago, Coil said:

Also, by the vote of his party, it is decided whether to impeach him or not, and why not the court does it?

Having the supreme Court impeach presidents would be a disaster. That gives no balance of power between the branches.

Impeachment needs to pass both the house and Senate by a 2/3 majority because it's not suppose to be easy to impeach a democratically elected president. Presidents need removed through voting.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Having the supreme Court impeach presidents would be a disaster. That gives no balance of power between the branches.

Impeachment needs to pass both the house and Senate by a 2/3 majority because it's not suppose to be easy to impeach a democratically elected president. Presidents need removed through voting.

Impeachment - as currently defined - is a political act, not a judicial one. Accordingly, it needs to be adjudicated by politicians, not judges, and that means the House and the Senate, rather than a court. 

This is a matter of the  Constitution. You would need a constitutional amendment to change it.  

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

On the contrary, the law should be higher than the parties, otherwise the party majority will always cover up the president who violates the law.This creates impunity for the party majority and mutual responsibility. It turns out that the president will break the law for 5 years and twist the law there will be a quantity (of votes) not a quality law.
Do you understand? This is a degradation of the law in front of a larger crowd of deputies.

Should be like that, impartial Themis:

Spoiler

HK_Central_Statue_Square_Legislative_Cou

22 minutes ago, Coil said:

On the contrary, the law should be higher than the parties, otherwise the party majority will always cover up the president who violates the law.This creates impunity for the party majority and mutual responsibility. It turns out that the president will break the law for 5 years and twist the law there will be a quantity (of votes) not a quality law.
Do you understand? This is a degradation of the law in front of a larger crowd of deputies.

Should be like that, impartial Themis:

Hide contents

HK_Central_Statue_Square_Legislative_Cou

Do you even know how Supreme Court seats are appointed? Lol.

Also, you need 2/3rds of the Senate and majority of the house to impeach a president. That means it always has to be bipartisan. Nixon and Clinton were both impeached this way.

House, Senate, and president are all elected positions. Elect different people if you want to remove someone.

Edited by spartan max2

1 hour ago, Coil said:

On the contrary, the law should be higher than the parties, otherwise the party majority will always cover up the president who violates the law....

Except, of course, President Trump didn't break any laws. He was impeached for political actions; the law never came into it. 

57 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Do you even know how Supreme Court seats are appointed? Also, you need 2/3rds of the Senate and majority of the house to impeach a president. That means it always has to be bipartisan. Nixon and Clinton were both impeached this way.House, Senate, and president are all elected positions. Elect different people if you want to remove someone.

In general, I wanted to tell you that the legislative branch should be independent of the president and deputies but there is probably no such ideal system in any country.

The party system divides the country as a party from the word "part." In America there is not a large selection of parties since there are only two of them, so they alternate and there is no big sense from such a change as two parts of one coin.

I voted “Trump” because it is human nature in a crisis to go stunningly conservative, little c conservative, very change/risk averse. People will worry how Biden will deal with the situation, while Trump’s reaction(s) are well known. 

Trumps path to victory lies in his ability to sow apathy and doubt among democratic voters. The less people turn out the better off he will be. He knows he's not winning enough "new" voters to make a difference. His supporters are his supporters. 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2020 at 5:56 AM, Coil said:

Trump needs to be imprisoned for improper performance of presidential duties

Is that a jailable offence?  Can you give an example of what you mean by improper performance?

31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is that a jailable offence?  Can you give an example of what you mean by improper performance?

Don't you read the chronology of events, the words of Trump, people from power and the opposition? They all reassured that everything was fine while the Americans were infected.
Read:

Spoiler

Dec. 1: The first known patient

Dec. 30: Dr. Li Wenliang, at Wuhan Central Hospital, warned colleagues about a cluster of patients being treated for viral pneumonia

Dec. 31: China alerted the WHO of a spate of illnesses in Wuhan, China.

Jan. 1: China shut down the Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market in Wuhan,

Jan. 10: The genetic sequence of the isolated coronavirus was shared

Jan. 11: The first death was reported.

Jan 14 (WHO) repeated China’s claim that coronavirus was not contagious among humans

Jan. 20: The first human-to-human transmission was reported by a Chinese expert

Jan 22 Trump "we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine."

Jan 23, Chinese authorities implemented a strict nationwide travel ban, but allowed International flights.

Jan 24
Bill de Blasio “We urge all New Yorkers to continue to pursue their everyday activities and routines”

Jan 25
Good Morning America
"People should be more concerned right now with the flu in this country."

Jan 26: New York City’s health commissioner, Dr. Oxiris Barbot “We are encouraging New Yorkers to go about their everyday lives... those “who had recently traveled from Wuhan were not being urged to self-quarantine or avoid large public gatherings.”

Jan. 30: The WHO declared a public health emergency of international concern

Feb 1: President Trump instilled China travel ban. New York City had its first suspected case of coronavirus

Feb 2 NYC health commissioner Bardot “As we gear up to celebrate the Lunar New Year in NYC, I want to assure New Yorkers that there is no reason for anyone to change their holiday plans, avoid the subway, or certain parts of the city because of coronavirus.”

Feb 4
China’s consul general in New York, Huang Ping, thanked the Chinese-American community and other concerned Americans on Tuesday for their aid in battling the coronavirus outbreak, and criticized what he described as “an overreaction by the American government in severely restricting travel to and from China.”

Feb 5: New York Times "Who says it's not safe to travel to China? The coronavirus travel ban is unjust and doesn't work anyway." NYC Health Commissioner Barbot on Twitter, “Today our city is celebrating the Lunar New Year parade in Chinatown... I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about coronavirus.”

Feb 6 Bardot: “The important thing for New Yorkers to know is that in the city currently, their risk is low and our city preparedness is high...We’re telling New Yorkers, go about your lives, take the subway, go out, enjoy life. . . If it were likely that it could be transmitted casually, we would be seeing a lot more cases.”

Feb 9: Chinatown in New York City held its annual Lunar New Year parade. Surgical masks were nearly absent from this parade. Councilman Mark D. Levine on Twitter, “In powerful show of defiance of coronavirus scare, huge crowds gathering in NYC’s Chinatown for ceremony ahead of annual Lunar New Year parade. Chants of ‘Be Strong Wuhan!’ If you are staying away, you are missing out.”

Feb 12 The House Judiciary Committee on voted, 22-10, to terminate President Trump's expanded travel ban and rein in presidential authority to issue such travel restrictions.

Feb 13: New York City Council speaker Corey Johnson “It is important to support the Chinese community in New York City...There is no need to avoid public spaces. I urge everyone to dine and shop as usual.” Bill de Blasio
"This should not stop you from going about your life. It should not stop you from going to Chinatown and going out to eat. I am going to do that today myself.”

Feb 25: Dr. Anthony Fauci “You need to do nothing different than you’re already doing"

Feb. 26: In a press conference, President Trump said the risk to Americans remains low.

Feb 28 A German team of doctors in Wuhan, China, “we discovered that shedding of potentially infectious virus may occur in persons who have no fever and no signs or only minor signs of infection.”

Feb 29:The Food and Drug Administration declared that other labs besides their own could develop their own coronavirus tests.

March 1
Health officials announced the first confirmed case in New York

March 2 Governor Andrew Cuomo “In this situation, the facts defeat fear, because the reality is reassuring...The woman who has now tested positive, she’s at home, she’s not even in a hospital, so the perspective here is important. And the facts, once you know the facts, once you know the reality, it is reassuring, and we should relax, because that’s what’s dictated by the reality of the situation. I get the emotion, I understand; I understand the anxiety. I’m a native-born New Yorker, we live with anxiety. But the facts don’t back it up here. . . . What happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.” Bill de Blasio
March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
Mar 6th 319 cases
March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
Mar 8th 541 cases & 15 deaths
March 9: “This blindsided the world.”
March 9: "The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant.”
Mar 9th 704 cases & 26 deaths
March 10: "It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away."
March 10: “As you know, it’s about 600 cases, it’s about 26 deaths, within our country. And had we not acted quickly, that number would have been substantially more.”
March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
Mar 10th 994 cases & 30 deaths
March 11: “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”
Mar 11th 1301 cases & 38 deaths
March 12: “It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”
Mar 12th 1630 cases & 41 deaths
March 13: Says Food and Drug Administration “will bring, additionally, 1.4 million tests on board next week and 5 million within a month. I doubt we’ll need anywhere near that.”
Mar 13th 2183 cases & 48 deaths
March 14: “We’re using the full power of the federal government to defeat the virus, and that’s what we’ve been doing.” Also retweeted supporter Candace Owens who cited “good news” on coronavirus, including that, “Italy is hit hard, experts say, because they have the oldest population in Europe (average age of those that have died is 81).”
Mar 14th 2770 cases & 57 deaths
March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
Mar 15th 3613 cases & 69 deaths
March 16: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world. ... I was talking about what we’re doing is under control, but I’m not talking about the virus.”
Mar 16th 4596 cases & 87 deaths
March 17: “We’re going to win. And I think we’re going to win faster than people think -- I hope.”
Mar 17th 6344 cases & 110 deaths
Mar 24: “I’d love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter,”
Mar 24th 54,856 cases & 780 deaths
Mar 25th 68211 cases and 1027 dead
March 29th 139,000 cases and 2,400 dead
March 31st 182,543 cases and 3,732 dead
April 1st Coronavirus has not disappeared as Trump said
April 1st over 211,600 cases and 4,751 dead
April 5th over 337,072 cases and 9,619 dead
April 8th over 419,975 cases and 14,262 dead
April 10th over 486,000 cases and more than 18,000 dead
On January 29, 2020 Joe Biden in a speech in Iowa said that Trump's idea of restricting travel from China was "Xenophobic".
 On March 9, 2020 Bernie Sanders said he would NOT, I repeat he said he would NOT shut down travel from China. In fact Bernie said "Isn't it funny that this President's first reaction is to close the borders."
February 24, 2020 Nancy Pelosi says from San Francisco's China Town to come visit, it is safe and "there are no Coronavirus concerns". Then SF became one of the epicenters of the disease.
March 20, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow (as well as NY Times) bash Trump for talking about Hydroxy Cloroquin calling it a "fairy tale" and giving people false hope. Now it is being sought after to fight the disease and is being tested as helping patients recover faster.
March 30, 2020 Morning Joe anchors say "everyone saw this coming in early January...yet January 24 2020, Joe Scarborough and wife Minka had a segment where they said "no Americans need to be concerned about COVID-19 and should be more concerned about the common flu.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/five-takeaways-trump-knew-virus-160133219.html

10 minutes ago, Coil said:

Don't you read the chronology of events, the words of Trump, people from power and the opposition? They all reassured that everything was fine while the Americans were infected.
Read:

Hide contents

Here, let me explain.  In America we have laws, and if you break those laws you can be jailed, like you suggested we do to trump.  You have an credibly long list of nothing.  thanks.  

• The topic was locked