Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump vs Biden 2020 general election poll.

spartan max2

2020 General election predictions.  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2020 general election?

Hydrogen Peroxide A Potential Treatment For Coronavirus Infection?

4/10/2020

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/hydrogen-peroxide-a-potential-treatment-for-coronavirus-infection/ar-BB12qktc

Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) appears to be another potential treatment for COVID-19. Health experts said the compound could help prevent virus from spreading across the body and from causing damage.

Hydrogen peroxide can be found both in stores and the human body. The immune system uses the compound to boost the natural functions of cells and prevent viral infection, Live Trading News reported Thursday.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, H2O2 may help fight the coronavirus, according to Dr. Thomas Levy. He said people can utilize hydrogen peroxide using its aerosolized form in a standard nebulizer. 

Levy suggested using at least a 3 percent food grade hydrogen peroxide. It is important to know that some products have higher concentrations and people should inhale only 3 percent. 

How Hydrogen Peroxide Works Against Coronavirus

The potential COVID-19 treatment mainly targets infected cells. Viruses move around the body by infecting live cells that replicate viral DNA and RNA.

A recent study, published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, shows that even just 0.5 percent hydrogen peroxide could kill human coronaviruses, such as those that caused SARS and MERS. The findings backed a 2009 research that found inhaling vaporized hydrogen peroxide could lead to 99 percent inactivation of virus activities. 

Vaporized hydrogen peroxide has long been considered effective in removing viruses. Researchers in 1997 discovered that the compound could completely inactivate a range of exotic animal viruses.

Experts said inhaling the vapor using a nebulizer has been the most convenient to receive hydrogen peroxide to fight viral infections. The microscopic mist can easily reach deep into the nostrils, sinuses and lungs, which are commonly affected by respiratory diseases like COVID-19.

“Effective hydrogen peroxide nebulization quite literally, ‘chops the head off of the snake,’ and the virus present elsewhere in the body can then readily be mopped up when the new virus influx has been terminated,” Levy said.  

The health expert recommends using the nebulizer with hydrogen peroxide for 10 to 15 mins, 4 times a day, until the symptoms of the infection improve. 

“As it is a completely non-toxic therapy, nebulization can be administered as often as desired,” Levy noted. “If done on a daily basis at least once, a very positive impact on bowel and gut function will often be realized as killing the chronic pathogen colonization present in most noses and throats stops the 24/7 swallowing of these pathogens and their associated toxins.”

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

I did. And it's CLEAR what he is asking. Trying to frame it any way other than what he said is twisting yourself into a pretzel to defend an idiot.

He wasn’t asking.  He was thinking out loud.  Perhaps he shouldn’t do that but that is Trump. Deal with it.  You’ll sleep better at night.  But yes, what he was saying was very clear to anyone not suffering from TDS.  You’re the one twisting yourself all into a pretzel.  Trump is no idiot.  Do you think an idiot could take some $10 million as an inheritance and build a $4 billion + empire?  Especially after the setback he had?  He got knocked down and turned it around.  We should all try to emulate that kind of success.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, acidhead said:

I've seen stuff before about Ultra Violet Light being used in hospitals to help combat infections and super bugs.. 

random link - medicalnewstoday

The study, published in the American Journal of Infection Control, examined the effects of a type of ultraviolet (UV) light technology called PurpleSun.

This technology is designed for use in operating rooms, patient rooms, and other healthcare settings.

The study shows that the device can help reduce the risk of infections acquired in the hospital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Trump had probably seen this clip or something similar (he is so far ahead of the Media), but do you think the MSM cares about doing their job or are they just too focused on attacking this President and this nation?!

all the deliberate twisting about the 'disinfectant' and 'bleach' business as well.....

Trump has probably had people talking to him about Chlorine Dioxide.. which is the main ingredient in something called MMS.. Miracle Mineral Solution - that is activated using lemon juice or citric acid and is taken in VERY small amounts mixed in water... like one drop or two drops - 

there are very extensive claims made for these drops being taken in water - hence the 'Miracle' bit :) 

Chlorine Dioxide isn't the same as Chlorine... or bleach - but this might be something - one of the things - behind his remarks..

(anyone interested can search for info.... of course the Pharmaceutical Industry doesn't approve of something simple that could put them out of business or affect their profit margin... so great lengths have been gone into dismissing MMS and dire warnings put out...
which is rich when you consider that Prescription Drugs kill so many people... of course people should be careful about these matters but the hysteria that has been whipped up by the Media and Trump Detractors... AGAIN.... is :sleepy: 

random link (few years old)

Prescription Drugs Outpace Car Accidents As Leading Cause Of Death

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

And yet if you listen to what was actually said, while thoughtless, and a stupid thing to brainstorm about in public, was not what people claim in this instance.  correcting other peoples mistakes is not defending trumps mistakes.  Listen below.  He does not say to inject disinfectant.  Sorry to everyone that disapoints 

So tell us, what does he mean when he says "injection".

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GoldenWolf said:

he might have meant to say ingestion....

dunno

4 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

Trump prolly means don't inject it just swallow it. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

I'll answer that if you can tell me he said to inject something.  hint: He did not.  

4 minutes ago, bee said:

he might have meant to say ingestion....

dunno

the scary part is Trump dispensing medical advice. Even scarier that people believe the great Orange one. 

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

Well gee, what could that be?  Maybe it’s a vaccine that you inject?  Is it possible that bleach might be a component for a vaccine?  The doctors will have to determine that.  But why not, they put mercury, formaldehyde, and who knows what all in vaccines now as preservatives.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

but even if he did mean injection.... why is this being treated as something absolutely unbelievable...

aren't people and children and babies having stuff injected into them all the time and isn't injecting a vaccine being touted as being the best hope to control the Covid 19 outbreak... ???

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

I did. And it's CLEAR what he is asking. Trying to frame it any way other than what he said is twisting yourself into a pretzel to defend an idiot.

So he said to inject or in any other way consume what?  

Just now, RavenHawk said:

Well gee, what could that be?  Maybe it’s a vaccine that you inject?  Is it possible that bleach might be a component for a vaccine?  The doctors will have to determine that.  But why not, they put mercury, formaldehyde, and who knows what all in vaccines now as preservatives.

sounds like the only person who determined anything is Trump. Lucky America !

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

the scary part is Trump dispensing medical advice. Even scarier that people believe the great Orange one. 

except he wasn't

Just now, bee said:

except he wasn't

He didn't ? I thought he touted as an effective remedy in the early days as a reason to open the economy early. 

Here's the full exchange:

(TRANSCRIPT)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-briefing-31/

With that, Mr. President, I’d be pleased to call Bill forward.  Bill Bryan leads the Science and Technology Directorate at the Department of Homeland Security and now will make a presentation on their recent study.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN:  Thank you, Mr.  Vice President.  Thank you, Mr.  President —

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you, Bill.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: — for this opportunity to do this today.

Good afternoon everybody.  My name is Bill Bryan and I lead the Science and Technology Directorate at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.  Over the last several months, we’ve intensified the Department’s R&D efforts to identify and deliver information that informs our response to COVID-19.  S&T is working to identify, develop, deploy, and deploy the tools and information to support our response to this crisis.

As part of our efforts, we’re leveraging the unique capabilities of S&T’s National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center to study the biology of the COVID-19 virus.  This center is a high-biocontainment laboratory located in Frederick, Maryland.  It was established in the early 2000s, in response to the Amerithrax attacks, and where we study, characterize, analyze, and develop countermeasures for biological threats to the homeland.  We work closely with the CDC, FDA, HHS, and also our Department of Defense colleagues and many others.

Yesterday, I shared the emerging results of our work that we’re doing now with the Coronavirus Task Force.  And today, I would like to share certain trends that we believe are important.

If I may have the first slide, please.  And while that’s coming up, our most striking observation to date is the powerful effect that solar light appears to have on killing the virus — both surfaces and in the air.  We’ve seen a similar effect with both temperature and humidity as well, where increasing the temperature and humidity or both is generally less favorable to the virus.

So let me illustrate with this first slide.  If you look to the right, you’ll see that term “half-life,” with a bunch of timestamps on there.

First, let me tell you what a “half-life” is.  We don’t measure the virus as far as how long we live on the surface; we have to measure the decay of the virus in terms of its half-life, because we don’t know certain elements.  We don’t know how much a person expectorates when he — when he spits — right? — when he sneezes, whatever the case may be.  We don’t know how much virus is in there.  So it’s — that has a long — a bearing on how long the virus is going to be alive and active.  So we measure it in half life because half-life doesn’t change.

So if you look at an 18-hour half-life, what you’re basically saying is that every 18 hours, the virus — it’s the life of the virus is cut in half.  So if you start with 1,000 particles of the virus, in 18 hours, you’re down to 500.  And 18 hours after that, you’re down to 250, and so on and so forth.  That’s important, as I explain in the rest of the chart.

If you look at the first three lines, when you see the word “surface,” we’re talking about nonporous surfaces: door handles, stainless steel.  And if you look at the — as the temperature increases, as the humidity increases, with no sun involved, you can see how drastically the half-life goes down on that virus.  So the virus is dying at a much more rapid pace, just from exposure to higher temperatures and just from exposure to humidity.

If you look at the fourth line, you inject summer — the sunlight into that.  You inject UV rays into that.  The same effects on line two — as 70 to 35 degrees with 80 percent humidity on the surface.  And look at line four, but now you inject the sun.  The half-life goes from six hours to two minutes.  That’s how much of an impact UV rays has on the virus.

The last two lines are aerosols.  What does it do in the air?  We have a very unique capability — I was discussing this with the President prior to coming out; he wanted me to convey it to you — on how we do this.  I believe we’re the only lab in the country that has this capability.

But if you can imagine a Home Depot bucket — a five-gallon Home Depot bucket — we’re able to take a particle — and this was developed and designed by our folks at the NBACC.  We’re able to take a particle of a virus and suspend it in the air inside of this drum and hit it with various temperatures, various humidity levels, multiple different kinds of environmental conditions, to include sunlight.  And we’re able to measure the decay of that virus while it’s suspended in the air.  This is how we do our aerosol testing.

We worked with John Hopkin Applied Physics Lab, and we actually developed a larger drum to do actually more testing.  And it’s four times the size of that.  So this is the capability that we bring to this effort.

So, in summary, within the conditions we’ve tested to date, the virus in droplets of saliva survives best in indoors and dry conditions.  The virus does not survive as well in droplets of saliva.  And that’s important because a lot of testing being done is not necessarily being done, number one, with the COVID-19 virus, and number two, in saliva or respiratory fluids.

And thirdly, the virus dies the quickest in the presence of direct sunlight under these conditions.  And when you — when you look at that chart, look at the aerosol as you breathe it; you put it in a room, 70 to 75 degrees, 20 percent humidity, low humidity, it lasts — the half-life is about an hour.  But you get outside, and it cuts down to a minute and a half.  A very significant difference when it gets hit with UV rays.

And, Mr. President, while there are many unknown links in the COVID-19 transmission chain, we believe these trends can support practical decision making to lower the risks associated with the virus.

If I can have my next slide.

And when that — while that comes up, you’ll see a number of some practical applications.  For example, increasing the temperature and humidity of potentially contaminated indoor spaces appears to reduce the stability of the virus.  And extra care may be warranted for dry environments that do not have exposure to solar light.

We’re also testing disinfectants readily available.  We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids.  And I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes; isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds, and that’s with no manipulation, no rubbing — just spraying it on and letting it go.  You rub it and it goes away even faster.  We’re also looking at other disinfectants, specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva.

This is not the end of our work as we continue to characterize this virus and integrate our findings into practical applications to mitigate exposure and transmission.  I would like to thank the President and thank the Vice President for their ongoing support and leadership to the department and for their work in addressing this pandemic.  I would also like to thank the scientists, not only in S&T and the NBACC, but to the larger scientific and R&D community.

Thank you very much.

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you, Bill.

Q    Mr. Bryan —

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.  So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting.  So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it.  And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too.  It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN:  We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT:  Right.  And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute.  One minute.  And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.  Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.  So it would be interesting to check that.  So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with.  But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see.  But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

He didn't ? I thought he touted as an effective remedy in the early days as a reason to open the economy early. 

oh yes... he did make encouraging remarks about Hydroxychloroquine  at another time... a drug used for malaria and arthritis - but on the clip that is being talked about he didn't dispense medical advice - 

you know.... the 'Bleach Hysteria' clip...^_^

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'll answer that if you can tell me he said to inject something.  hint: He did not.  

He said "Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside".  You don't have to be a doctor or scientist to understand the extremely destructive effects that would have or how incredibly stupid it was to even suggest it.  Trump has no common sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GoldenWolf said:

He said "Is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside".  You don't have to be a doctor or scientist to understand the extremely destructive effects that would have or how incredibly stupid it was to even suggest it.  Trump has no common sense.

Is it stupid to suggest that?  I received an injection myself at the beginning of the flu season.  Regardless he absolutely does not say to inject anything, he asks his advisor sitting to his right if they could accomplish similar results to a disinfectant on a surface inside a person by injecting something into people.  I see how people got confused because, 1- people don't listen closely and 2-people tend to hear what they want to hear.  Many people who are always looking for trump to say something wrong, or lie or what have you, read that trump said to inject disinfectant and then that's all they needed. They didn't bother to hear it for themselves and they did not pay close attention if they did.  If you tried to sue him in a court of law any half ass lawyer would destroy your case simply by pointing out what the exact wording was that he used.  trump says stupid **** all the time but I'm not going to jump on board a case of misquotation or outright lie about the stupid **** he says.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is it stupid to suggest that?

YES, it's unbelievably stupid, reckless and thoughtless, especially given the intelligence of .... ... ..... nah I better stop there, although you pretty much explained the danger of such proclamations all by yourself...

16 minutes ago, OverSword said:

trump says stupid **** all the time

Yes.  Always has, and is getting far worse.  He's also a proven conman, fraud and liar, constantly abuses the power of his position, has extreme narcissistic tendencies, is racist and mysogynist... and yet, due to a remarkably flawed voting system, got to be president of the US.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

YES, it's unbelievably stupid, reckless and thoughtless, especially given the intelligence of .... ... ..... nah I better stop there, although you pretty much explained the danger of such proclamations all by yourself...

And yet in this instance did not say what is being attributed to him overall, which is my only point in this entire discussion, at no point do I ever defend what he says, I point out that people are mistaken about what he said. 

Personally I don't see any of our presidents as particularly not:

17 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

conman, fraud and liar, constantly abuses the power of his position, has extreme narcissistic tendencies, is racist and mysogynist... 

So big deal.  I don't winge and cry about any of them but rather roll my eyes at people thinking it really makes a difference.  Or for that matter your elected morons of which you nor any other nations have no shortage.

But I do get my jollies out of watching people get wound up when they spend so much energy over themselves not being able to understand a sentence because of who uttered it.  This one is turning out particularly fun :clap:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light —

Being a Treker, I have to admit that when I first heard this, I automatically thought of the episode "Operation -- Annihilate!"  ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Being a Treker, I have to admit that when I first heard this, I automatically thought of the episode "Operation -- Annihilate!"  ;)

Anything worth learning was addressed in TOS

• Like 1

• The topic was locked