Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
spartan max2

Trump vs Biden 2020 general election poll.

2020 General election predictions.  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2020 general election?

1,109 posts in this topic

Hankenhunter
1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Just curious here, the topic being tossed around where I am goes like it's looking more likely than not that the elections could very possibly be postponed if not delayed. If the covid19 situation makes that turn for the worst, so bad that even arguing about it is pointless. 

Not quite national security law but critical disease control security law. 

Win win for Trump 

~

Maybe. Possibly. But if that was a possible out for Trump, we would  have heard him hint about it by now. He wouldn't be able to resist it. Plus, he said the war with covid is over. He's been hiding the true numbers, and if that gets out, it will look twice as bad. What I would grant you is the possibility that if his handlers kept that idea away from him until the election looks very bad for him, a total rout, then plant the idea in his head, but even then... there would be repercussions. 

• Like 1

third_eye
37 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

But Frau Goebels just said it’s all under control except for some “embers”.

Still early days, I'm looking at mid October, heck it might not even have to be covid19, there's an outbreak of TB down under making a lot of people very nervous 

~

15 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Maybe. Possibly. But if that was a possible out for Trump, we would  have heard him hint about it by now. He wouldn't be able to resist it. Plus, he said the war with covid is over. He's been hiding the true numbers, and if that gets out, it will look twice as bad. What I would grant you is the possibility that if his handlers kept that idea away from him until the election looks very bad for him, a total rout, then plant the idea in his head, but even then... there would be repercussions. 

I don't see any thing can prevent Trump having a go at it, the infection rates is pretty much a certainty for now, will it get to the point where an election is not possible is what I wanna know. 

~

• Like 1

RoofGardener

Why should the elections be delayed ? 

I go shopping at Liddle's. They have a queue outside, and they only allow a limited number of people into the shop at any instant in time. Everyone is asked to observe a 2m separation, and the checkouts have this marked along the floor. 

What's to stop these precautions being implemented at a polling station ? After all, by its nature, only a limited number of people are allowed inside at any one time, and the 2m rule could easily be observed. If a German supermarket chain can manage it, I'm sure the collected wisdom of the US Federal (and local) governments can manage it ? 

Tatetopa
12 hours ago, and then said:

t's actually pretty simple.  Make the low population states powerless to have any real impact on an election and you have effectively silenced them because they'll simply be ignored.  Meanwhile, the urban areas that have a disproportionate dependency class, will always vote for the party that promises more stuff.  

A low population state has 3 electors.  A low population state has 2 Senators and at minimum 1 representative for a total of three.

Seriously now, I am not trying to be a d**k.  Why do 3 electors out of the total  who only appear every 4 years give a state any more power than 2 senators out of 100 and 1 representative out of 435?

It is powerful to vote for a President every 3 years but representatives could trade and cajole and get help for their state on specific issues all the time.

• Like 1

Jarocal
4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

representatives could trade and cajole and get help for their state on specific issues all the time.

They do this, and it is unfortunate because they are more concerned about protecting their states rather than what is better for the nation as a whole. Congress decrees base closures in the military and it leads to cajoling and infighting by each representative to preserve the base in their district at all cost (their re election  depends on it). What would be the most effective and beneficial for the country as whole does not enter their thought process. Congress mandates the closures but provides no clear method (method not just temporary funding) to assist the communities they know will be affected. There are innovative ways the resources of those shuttered bases could be utilized with proper management which would not only lessen the detriment to those communities but offer innovative solutions to enhance America's position in the world economy.

• Thanks 1

acidhead

Biden's presser today.  Watch the sign language lady LOL :D

acidhead

People who actually work are going to decide this election  The rest are too lazy. It's pretty obvious.

Tatetopa
9 hours ago, Jarocal said:

They do this, and it is unfortunate because they are more concerned about protecting their states rather than what is better for the nation as a whole

Yes, it seems so to me.  I was uncertain of the comment that Congress people used to represent their states but not any more.  I don't think Mitch McConnell has a special liaison office with DOT to help build roads in Nebraska or Idaho.

• Like 1

Hankenhunter

Wow, The Republican's sure know how to sling mud. That's gonna leave a mark.

Edited by Hankenhunter
I'm punctuationally challenged today.