Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unwanted telepathic connection

Theaccidentalman

would be SO grateful for any thoughts and shared experiences!

I have this connection with a friend. We are both men. The telepathy only seems to go one way though. I can feel and hear his emotions and sometimes it is too much to bear. I’ve become irritable only to find out he was just arguing, I have dreamt his dreams, I have been overwhelmed by his sadness and can sense the truth behind everything he says.

It makes him uncomfortable as to how accurate I am and it makes me so tired to be in touch with him. When we were out of touch I learnt to forget him but felt empty. Now we have reconnected it feels as if I could literally die from being overwhelmed by his energy.

I’m desperate for some thoughts and guidance from some open minds. Please let me know if you have anything to say, even if it is just to say that I'm mad

1 minute ago, Theaccidentalman said:

I can feel and hear his emotions and sometimes it is too much to bear.

Mirror neurons. And you've most likely programmed yourself to perceive things that are not there. Leading to confirmation bias and false positives. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

I have this connection with a friend. We are both men. The telepathy only seems to go one way though. I can feel and hear his emotions and sometimes it is too much to bear. I’ve become irritable only to find out he was just arguing, I have dreamt his dreams, I have been overwhelmed by his sadness and can sense the truth behind everything he says.

It makes him uncomfortable as to how accurate I am and it makes me so tired to be in touch with him. When we were out of touch I learnt to forget him but felt empty. Now we have reconnected it feels as if I could literally die from being overwhelmed by his energy.

I’m desperate for some thoughts and guidance from some open minds. Please let me know if you have anything to say, even if it is just to say that I'm mad

Let's assume you're not insane for a bit.  You need to end this relationship and stay away from this person.  He is dead to you.  You can miss him but can not talk to him.  Problem solved.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Mirror neurons. And you've most likely programmed yourself to perceive things that are not there. Leading to confirmation bias and false positives. 

That's the blue pill solution and I basically hope I can get a grip of myself and take it! A virtual slap in the face is what I might need...

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Let's assume you're not insane for a bit.  You need to end this relationship and stay away from this person.  He is dead to you.  You can miss him but can not talk to him.  Problem solved.

I don't want to just throw him away. 

9 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

I have this connection with a friend. We are both men. The telepathy only seems to go one way though

If its only one way, then it is not a connection.

I dreamt his dreams, I have been overwhelmed by his sadness and can sense the truth behind everything he says.

How do you know this? Have you been telling him this?

Tbo, if someone told me they were dreaming about what they thought were my dreams and can feel what they think is my sadness and think they sense truth in what I say, I would be utterly freaked out. 

Not because they are right, but because I would see that as an obsession bordering on stalking.

15 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

It makes him uncomfortable as to how accurate I am

You really beleave this? I think he is being polite, I reckon he is uncomfortable with what you are telling him.  See what I wrote above.

• Like 1

Just now, Theaccidentalman said:

That's the blue pill solution and I basically hope I can get a grip of myself and take it! A virtual slap in the face is what I might need...

Throw him away and out of your life. That's the slap you need. Losing a friend is difficult, but your well being should be more important.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

If its only one way, then it is not a connection

I double this point :tu:.

It sounds like you have a crush at a young age. We have all been there. When we are young and have a crush it feels so intense like there is a spiritual other world Connection.

@Theaccidentalman 

I dunno, sounds like love to me. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

Living in misery is a choice.  But honestly I think you may need to see a doctor and have your brain chemistry checked for imbalances.  People that perceive things like you do here, usually have some level of schizophrenia, which left untreated will get worse.  Please take my advice and have this checked.  

Just now, OverSword said:

Living in misery is a choice.  But honestly I think you may need to see a doctor and have your brain chemistry checked for imbalances.  People that perceive things like you do here, usually have some level of schizophrenia, which left untreated will get worse.  Please take my advice and have this checked.  

I really appreciate that. I definitely don't have a mind as open as a barn door and don't believe that everyone is paranormally 'talented' just because they say they are. But I don't think a doctor would take this seriously. Even I couldn't take it seriously.

2 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

I really appreciate that. I definitely don't have a mind as open as a barn door and don't believe that everyone is paranormally 'talented' just because they say they are. But I don't think a doctor would take this seriously. Even I couldn't take it seriously.

But a doctor could verify a chemical imbalance and prescribe medication to compensate.  I had an uncle with schizophrenia and he thought his voices were real until he got medicated.  If the doctor finds nothing then.......who knows?  Maybe you're right.  There is one way to find out.

Edited by OverSword

10 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

@Theaccidentalman 

I dunno, sounds like love to me. 

Oh great, being gay is just what a need right now ...  Hehe (I mean that with absolutely no offence!) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

But a doctor could verify a chemical imbalance and prescribe medication to compensate.  I had an uncle with schizophrenia and he thought his voices were real until he got medicated.  If the doctor finds nothing then.......who knows?  Maybe you're right.  There is one way to find out.

I'm definitely going to look into it. Thanks

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

The Paranormal is not mentioned. 

There is nothing paranormal here.

A doctor will take you seriously, they may refer you to a psychistrist.

Psychiatrists are professionals who will certainly take you seriously. It is their job. 

5 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

Oh great, being gay is just what a need right now ...  Hehe (I mean that with absolutely no offence!) 

Can you be certain this other guy does not think you are? 

47 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

I see one of two things going on here, either you are a narcissist trying to control him or he is the narcissist trying to control you.  Either way it is messed up and you need to drop him like several others have suggested, but don't stop there, do some deep, hard, honest self evaluation and figure out what is really going on in your head that you are projecting on to someone else.

^^^^

Thanks, everyone.

Awesome food for thought. It has helped to ground me.

The reason why I'm in this particular forum is because of the dream/thoughts connection. We are no longer in the same country meaning that 'telepathic' experiences are all blind. 

There's Something that's not quite 'normal' is all I know. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, everyone!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Theaccidentalman said:

I have this connection with a friend. We are both men. The telepathy only seems to go one way though. I can feel and hear his emotions and sometimes it is too much to bear.

Have you tried wrapping tinfoil around your head?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Theaccidentalman said:

would be SO grateful for any thoughts and shared experiences!  I have this connection with a friend. We are both men. The telepathy only seems to go one way though. I can feel and hear his emotions and sometimes it is too much to bear. I’ve become irritable only to find out he was just arguing, I have dreamt his dreams, I have been overwhelmed by his sadness and can sense the truth behind everything he says.  It makes him uncomfortable as to how accurate I am and it makes me so tired to be in touch with him. When we were out of touch I learnt to forget him but felt empty. Now we have reconnected it feels as if I could literally die from being overwhelmed by his energy.  I’m desperate for some thoughts and guidance from some open minds. Please let me know if you have anything to say, even if it is just to say that I'm mad

Strangely enough, this is an experience I have had.  I dropped LSD, with a couple of friends while another couple of friends acted as babysitters for us trippers (we were all adults).  I was playing a video game (Halo Multiplayer mode) and I thought one of the babysitters was talking, but they weren't, and when I replied to their question, they freaked out because I was replying to their internal monologue.  I couldn't see them.  I wasn't focused on them.   I just heard their voice, but they hadn't said anything.  The exchange was pretty superficially mundane.   The babysitter just said "I'm bored, I wonder what time it is", and I answered them by telling them the time, and asking if they wanted to tag in on my controller if they were bored.  At the time I was sure they were just messing with me to try to freak me out, as I have occasionally gently pranked buddies on trips, but the friend in question is adamant that she wasn't doing that, and is very uncomfortable about talking about it.  So... utterly subjective, but did actually happen.  It has never happened since.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Theaccidentalman said:

Sounds like "maybe" you may be an empath.

Your internal connection to this person can only be shut down by you externally and then internally.

Start building a imagery  and mental and emotional wall around you and your emotions between you and this person.

But most importantly upon the first hint of the knowing coming to you, disregard ALL incoming feelings and thoughts before they fully consume you and do this ever time, all day long, every day, over and over.

Don't give it a chance to enter in any way and before long you will start to see it lessen but don't be upset when it does end and goes away completely.

Edited by Jujo-jo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1