Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Odd places to visit

quasar_kid

I don't know where exactly to put this, but this is one of the first websites i encountered into the paranormal, cryptozoology etc.

I'm actually surprised the domain still exists after so many years.

Happy reading!

rhandi.tripod.com/index1.html

• Like 3

I live in North Carolina and I remember going to Brown Mountain once for a few days! Seen those lights appearing in the trees in the distance off the mountain. I'm honestly not sure what they are, but they appeared both nights I was there and I thought it was very interesting!

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

The most recent investigations from the "skeptical of all things paranormal" science guys seems to be "marsh gases rising up into the lower atmosphere  when meteorological conditions are favorable."

Here's more....

I agree! I understand that rotting plant life in wetlands releases methane, and Co2, depending on the conditions! Which can cause the myriad of colors in the lights that have been seen.

• Like 2

Thanks for compiling (if it was you) all these interesting little area-specific stories. One nearest me was pretty intriguing/funny:

https://alphahistory.com/pastpeculiar/1851-california-meat-showers/

1851: TODAY’S WEATHER: MILD WITH A CHANCE OF MEAT

In the summer of 1851, a military depot at Benicia, California reported being hit by a bizarre thunderstorm. According to eyewitnesses, pieces of raw meat rained from the sky for around three minutes. When the deluge subsided, five acres of the base had been carpeted with small chunks of flesh, origin unknown. According to one San Francisco press report:

“The pieces were from the size of a pigeon’s egg up to that of an orange, the heaviest weighing three ounces. No birds were visible in the air at the time. Specimens of the meat, which is apparently beef, were preserved by Major Allen and the Surgeon of the Post. A piece that was examined three hours after it fell showed a portion of a small blood vessel, some of the sheath of a muscle and muscle fibre.”

Edited by _Only
quote cut prematurely
  • Like 1

Has anyone been to Marfa, Texas?  That is an interesting site.  The lights look like small planes coming over the mountains then disappearing behind a ridge or something.  Very weird.   Very different sort of lights than the ones in Brown mountain.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 5:54 AM, drakonwick said:

I agree! I understand that rotting plant life in wetlands releases methane, and Co2, depending on the conditions! Which can cause the myriad of colors in the lights that have been seen.

I saw marsh gas lights once along time ago i was out with my dog and a gun on a bit of marsh land that i had permission to shoot on it was the first and only time i ever saw them,my dad saw the quite often when he was a boy my grandads house was on a marsh,Willow the wisps he called them

On 4/16/2020 at 9:10 PM, _Only said:

Thanks for compiling (if it was you) all these interesting little area-specific stories. One nearest me was pretty intriguing/funny:

https://alphahistory.com/pastpeculiar/1851-california-meat-showers/

No, this isn't my site, I just stumbled across it maybe 15 years ago. I tried contacting the owner, asking where he got all the reports, but he never answered back. I guess he just created the site and somehow forgot it still existed.