Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why McCartney was ok with 'Paul is Dead'

Eldorado

"The "Paul is dead" craze began with a DJ across the pond, Russ Gibb, who was told by a mystery caller to put on the Beatles' White Album, released the year before.

"The caller suggested Russ spin the intro to track Revolution 9 backwards - what Russ heard sparked one of the most persistent fan conspiracies in the music industry.

"He heard, "Turn me on, dead man."

"As fans poured over their records and obsessed over the band to wrangle out any more clues, some claimed Strawberry Fields ended with John saying, "I buried Paul.""

Full story at the UK Mirror: Link

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

"As fans poured over their records and obsessed over the band to wrangle out any more clues, some claimed Strawberry Fields ended with John saying, "I buried Paul.""

Ah so that's why Homer says "I buried Flanders" at the end of his psychedelic version of "Uptown Girl"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Bullsquirt!  The 'Paul is dead' thing was a deliberate publicity stunt, even if it didn't start out that way.

In the days of cueing and reviewing on reel-to-reel tape, everyone in the studio knew what words forward sounded like backwards.

Also..... On the Abbey Road album cover, did Paul just suddenly decide to slip his loafers off?  I don't think so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gotta give it to the lads.

They really did shook, rattled and rolled the world backwards and forwards, didn't they... 

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I were Paul I’d be okay with it as well, mostly because I’d be Paul freaking McCartney. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

And people also claim they have photo evidence to compare between the real Paul and his supposed Doppleganger. 

John was actually saying if I remember correctly " cranberry sauce" not "I buried Paul"  lol