Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Wildcat’ size of a Labrador spotted in UK

Still Waters

A man is looking for answers after he managed to get pictures of a ‘large wildcat with big claws’ at the end of his garden.

He described the cat as being the size of a fully-grown Labrador when it was seen near Coldham’s Lane, Cambridge, on Saturday morning. A local resident claimed that it wasn’t the first time the ‘large cat’ had visited the area, but they were pleased that it had finally been pictured.

He said: ‘It was around 8 or 8.30am this morning when I saw the animal from my kitchen window. I think it somehow keeps coming to this place to hunt rabbits or other small animals.’ He added that he thought it was a species of wild cat, but when he looked closer it was too big.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/13/wlidcat-size-labrador-spotted-stalking-streets-camrbidge-12548220/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Judging by the size of the bricks in the photo it's exactly the size of a domestic cat.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Judging by the size of the bricks in the photo it's exactly the size of a domestic cat.

It's not only the size, it's a domestic cat...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think those are the same type of brick on our farm house and they're hollow and big enough to stick your hand into, almost. They're quite a bit bigger than standard red brick and smaller than concrete brick.

terra-cotta-tiles.jpg

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Thanks 1

Well the rumours of big cats are more than that. There is an issue with the 1976 law being the only source of these animals as they would need to be breeding somewhere to have survived until recent years.

Here is an interesting round up of some of the better evidence:

It becomes hard to debunk when you can corroborate eye witness testimony by measuring the scratches inflicted on people and animals, the paw prints and evidence of predation.

Some cases are clearly pets however, some misidentifications and some hoaxes. What remains however is compelling evidence to say the least.

Edited by I'mConvinced

5 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Well the rumours of big cats are more than that. There is an issue with the 1976 law being the only source of these animals as they would need to be breeding somewhere to have survived until recent years.

Here is an interesting round up of some of the better evidence:

It becomes hard to debunk when you can corroborate eye witness testimony by measuring the scratches inflicted on people and animals, the paw prints and evidence of predation.

Some cases are clearly pets however, some misidentifications and some hoaxes. What remains however is compelling evidence to say the least.

Just listen to tiger king and see why we see big cats loose... some of them escape and die of hunger after a while most of the time. They don't need to reproduce, a lot of stupid people have big cats, found them to big and they let them wander in the wild.

The size of the bricks is a give away it is a small cat, but the real give away is the owner of the cat coming forward 

A Cambridge homeowner has come forward to lift the lid on a 'large wildcat' spotted on a roof earlier this week.

He said that eight-year-old Guffman and his two other cats often sit on the roof when the sun comes out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/large-wildcat-spotted-cambridge-actually-18083813.amp

Pet cat. Solved, by the owner. :tu:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Just listen to tiger king and see why we see big cats loose... some of them escape and die of hunger after a while most of the time. They don't need to reproduce, a lot of stupid people have big cats, found them to big and they let them wander in the wild.

True but much less so in the UK. Its not so easy to import exotic cats here these days and yet the sightings, and attacks, continue. 

Perhaps some interbreeding has occurred over the years or maybe someone deliberately released a few breeding pairs?

One strange element to the stories is that of big cats slaughtering numerous animals in one night. This is the kind of behaviour foxes show in a chicken coop but not the behaviour of any big cat species I know. I could be wrong on that however. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

One strange element to the stories is that of big cats slaughtering numerous animals in one night. This is the kind of behaviour foxes show in a chicken coop but not the behaviour of any big cat species I know. I could be wrong on that however

The slaughtering of the animals is being done by humans. A wild cat kills to eat. Only humans kill because they are sick in the head.

Nine lambs were slaughtered, butchered and thrown in a ditch in a fifth case of its kind in Northamptonshire in just 10 days

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-northamptonshire-49014391

Two men have been arrested in connection to a spate of illegal sheep slaughters.

Northamptonshire Police said a 23-year-old man and a 35-year-old man from Birmingham were detained in the early hours.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-northamptonshire-49965176

There have been a vast increase in thefts  of sheep 

Animals worth £3m were stolen from Britain’s farms in 2019, but farmers are fighting back

Edited by Saru
Removed unnecessary mugshots unrelated to topic
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I think those are the same type of brick on our farm house and they're hollow and big enough to stick your hand into, almost. They're quite a bit bigger than standard red brick and smaller than concrete brick.

Oops. You're probably right. Now I see that the blue thing in the wall is actually a garage door. Then yeah, that cat is really huge.

P.S.: So cool you have those bricks in different colors! Here in Siberia we have a lot of factories producing similar blocks (sand/concrete mixture and foamed concrete) but they all are just concrete-grey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

The slaughtering of the animals is being done by humans. A wild cat kills to eat. Only humans kill because they are sick in the head.

There have been a vast increase in thefts  of sheep 

Some people are insane....

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Oops. You're probably right. Now I see that the blue thing in the wall is actually a garage door. Then yeah, that cat is really huge.

It js not a garage door, it is a shed.

The cat is not huge, it is a pet cat

Notice the size of the cat to the panels along shed and the leaves infront of it.

0_IMG_3574.jpg

The owner of the pet cat has already come forward.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2020 at 12:16 AM, freetoroam said:

It js not a garage door, it is a shed.

The cat is not huge, it is a pet cat

Notice the size of the cat to the panels along shed and the leaves infront of it.

The owner of the pet cat has already come forward.

Thanks! That's right. I didn't see the full pic before, only the portion in the article. The football gate to the left also says it all. :lol: The sheds can be of different size though, I'm not familiar with size of a typical shed in the UK, I've never been outside Russia in my life actually.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Thanks! That's right. I didn't see the full pic before, only the portion in the article. The football gate to the left also says it all. :lol: The sheds can be of different size though, I'm not familiar with size of a typical shed in the UK, I've never been outside Russia in my life actually.

A typical shed is small, then we have smallish, we do not do medium or large, it jumps straight to = barn. :D

• Like 1