Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peek at the New Dune Movie.

Piney

7 minutes ago, Tuco's Gas said:

The move blew chunks

It was the worst ever.

I did kinda like the Miniseries and the Children of Dune miniseries even better. 

I don't like these images though. It reminds me of Anthony Hopkins' 'Titus' more than the novel. 

• Like 1

Awesome movie. I watched it a hundred times. I love the Goths packing M870s

The Dune part of the miniseries was O-Kay, except they made Paul a whiny, poor man's Luke Skywalker. The other part comprising Dune Messiah and Children of Dune was very well done. It was not completely true to the books, but what movie adaption ever is? Best Chani, bar none.

• Like 1

I tried to get into dune but kept getting sand in my eyes and boy did I ever develop the worst case of worms, nasty little b*****s, 

• Haha 3

From what I see of the costumes and props, this new version looks like another half-assed attempt at visualization. No version ever gets across how desiccated the world and people of Dune truly are, as in the books, how precious and rare water truly is. A Still suit was an environment suit of sorts, practically a closed ecosystem. Properly maintained, one would lose less than a thimble full of water a day. Conditions were that exacting.  No one stood around in the open desert with their face and head uncovered and breathing apparatus not in evidence. Nor do they get what a 'Thopter is. An Ornithopter flew by flapping it's wings like a bird, it's weight lightened by suspensors.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

At least it seems the Fremen may have beards this time.  The big challenge in making Dune is that many of the main characters are trained to give away zero emotion through expression, speech, and body language and another is that so much of the dialogue is internal.  I enjoyed the TV version but my friends that have not read the books think it's boring.  I  don't know if a good adaptation can really ever be accomplished.

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

At least it seems the Fremen may have beards this time.  The big challenge in making Dune is that many of the main characters are trained to give away zero emotion through expression, speech, and body language and another is that so much of the dialogue is internal.  I enjoyed the TV version but my friends that have not read the books think it's boring.  I  don't know if a good adaptation can really ever be accomplished.

Only if they did a Game of Thrones style series. The problem is, the public is pretty much sated on Dune and know the story now.