Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saudi Princess begs for release

Eldorado

"A Saudi princess, who has been missing for over a year, has spoken out publicly for the first time, pleading with her uncle King Salman and her cousin Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to release her from prison.

"In a statement on her verified Twitter account, Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud said: “I am currently being arbitrarily held at Al-Ha'ir prison without criminal, or otherwise any charges against my person. My health is deteriorating to an extent that is serve [sic], and that could lead to my death.”"

Full story at Mid East Eye: Link

And at the BBC:  Link

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...

A Saudi princess and human rights advocate has returned to her home in Jeddah after three years in a state prison without charge, her supporters and lawyer have confirmed.

Princess Basmah bint Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, 57, a staunch critic of her cousin and Saudi Arabia’s de facto leader, Mohammed bin Salman, was released on Saturday, along with her daughter, Souhoud Al Sharif, who was arrested with her in March 2019.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/09/outspoken-saudi-princess-released-after-nearly-three-years-in-jail

• Thanks 1