Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Press jaws drop at Trump press conference

OverSword

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Youre livìng in a hippy commune on Gabriola island, arent you? Lol. Well, for one we were federally ordered to self quarantine. We we're also federally ordered to follow the six foot guideline with penalties for offenders. No clustering. Relief checks delivered on time as advertised. 2000.00 a month if your out of work due to Covid-19. My o my, the list just keeps growing. Sure, we've had our delays, but our stats back up the fact that Canada acted much swifter, and more decisively with unity in mind than the U.S did. That's the facts Jack. Are you sure you live in Victoria? The most liberal city in Canada? You? 

oops, busted AH.  I know you hope that people won't check, but sometimes they do.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

oops, busted AH.  I know you hope that people won't check, but sometimes they do.

It just seems like such a contradiction. If it was true, he would have gone insane by now. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Meanwhile , the rest of us will ignore his blathering and continue listening to real experts who actually know what their doing. Not paid toadies.

What sort of "real experts" ? Rachel Maddow ? Don Lemon ? If you want a round-the-clock critique of Donald Trump, then they are the experts. If you want advice on Covid-19, then I'd tend to trust the people advising the President. And - as has been revealed yesterday - the President DOES listen to the experts. The problem is that the experts are not always unanimous. 

Well, when I say "trust the people advising the President", that was just metaphorical. In point of fact, I trust the people advising Boris Johnson. They include the government chief scientific adviser, who has a white lab coat, really thick glasses, and EVERYTHING. He's even got pencils in his shirt pocket. WHAT a guy ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

What sort of "real experts" ? Rachel Maddow ? Don Lemon ? If you want a round-the-clock critique of Donald Trump, then they are the experts. If you want advice on Covid-19, then I'd tend to trust the people advising the President. And - as has been revealed yesterday - the President DOES listen to the experts. The problem is that the experts are not always unanimous. 

Well, when I say "trust the people advising the President", that was just metaphorical. In point of fact, I trust the people advising Boris Johnson. They include the government chief scientific adviser, who has a white lab coat, really thick glasses, and EVERYTHING. He's even got pencils in his shirt pocket. WHAT a guy ! 

Some people believe that Trump's Top Scientist is really Professor Iris.  :P

Edited by Aaron2017
  • Haha 1

Pffffft. THIS is a scientist, not some fabric puppet ! 

L32HLBWEDVESLGXF3477XP4W6U.jpg

I mean... .LOOK at the spectacles !! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Youre livìng in a hippy commune on Gabriola island, arent you? Lol. Well, for one (1) we were federally ordered to self quarantine. (2) We we're also federally ordered to follow the six foot guideline with penalties for offenders. No clustering. Relief checks delivered on time as advertised. (3) 2000.00 a month  if your out of work due to Covid-19. My o my, the list just keeps growing. Sure, we've had our delays, but our stats back up the fact that Canada acted much swifter, and more decisively with unity in mind than the U.S did. That's the facts Jack. Are you sure you live in Victoria? The most liberal city in Canada? You? 

All 3 claims are false buds

(1) there exists no Federal order to self-quarantine... Trudeau's gov have yet to enact The Emergencies Act

(2) again, there exists no Federal order 

(3) the $2000 relief is limited to who is eligible for it.  Here's a link to who can receive the money https://nationalpost.com/news/ottawa-to-send-2000-per-month-to-covid-19-affected-canadians-but-will-the-system-be-able-to-keep-up

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Wrong.

Canada has done nothing differently than the USA.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

All 3 claims are false buds

(1) there exists no Federal order to self-quarantine... Trudeau's gov have yet to enact The Emergencies Act

(2) again, there exists no Federal order 

(3) the $2000 relief is limited to who is eligible for it.  Here's a link to who can receive the money https://nationalpost.com/news/ottawa-to-send-2000-per-month-to-covid-19-affected-canadians-but-will-the-system-be-able-to-keep-up

Are you taking posting lessons from and then? Your link has nothing to do with refuting what I posted. It was some conservatives worrying whether Canada could sustain the 2000 a month cerb payments. I could post at least ten links to support my claims, but I'd be wasting my time as you won't read them. Next time you try to refute me, use a link that's actually pertinent to my post.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Are you taking posting lessons from and then? Your link has nothing to do with refuting what I posted. It was some conservatives worrying whether Canada could sustain the 2000 a month cerb payments. I could post at least ten links to support my claims, but I'd be wasting my time as you won't read them. Next time you try to refute me, use a link that's actually pertinent to my post.  

I wish you well Hank

Really do

God bless you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, acidhead said:

I've echoed that sentiment for the last couple of years.  The media 5th column, by totally selling out any belief in their journalistic creed, have actually inoculated  the president from all the slings and arrows.  Even better and more effective was their frustration that the sheep wouldn't go along.  They started attacking his supporters and by doubling down, no Trump supporter will bother to believe anything they say.  It's pretty awesome to watch people who convinced themselves they were the "smartest people in the room", crash in flames, after they shat the bed, but are STILL convinced they're:

:w00t:

Just to be clear, I'm not making fun of his near burnout and death.  Just comparing the absolute lack of perspective of average people.

Edited by and then

On 4/16/2020 at 8:24 PM, acute said:

Oh dear..... What's he done now?

I'll take a look........

Its election year so he was trying to counter fake media stories.

By giving a video presentation of all his good actions and approvals even from Democrat Governors over his handling of the Corona Virus.

Washington Post and CNN are a disgrace. Criticising Trump for locking down flights from China too early, while criticising him for locking them down too late. The USA needs libel laws, slander and lies shouldn't be legal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep... "heads I win, tails you lose.  Fortunately, their impact is mostly limited to their rabid base.

17 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Pffffft. THIS is a scientist, not some fabric puppet ! 

L32HLBWEDVESLGXF3477XP4W6U.jpg

I mean... .LOOK at the spectacles !! 

Impressive lense thickness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, and then said:

Yep... "heads I win, tails you lose.  Fortunately, their impact is mostly limited to their rabid base.

Here's the reality you're so desperate to deny. The real truth.

Watch the whole thing. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, acidhead said:

I wish you well Hank

Really do

God bless you

Thanks acid, ditto. Hoping you and everyone you love is safe, secure, and healthy. Sorry for snapping at you. I'm a empath, and constantly feeling others fear is starting to take it's toll. I'll try to be nicer.

Hank

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gee, a reporter complaining that *HER* words were being taken out of context?  If true, then someone else besides Trump that knows how that feels!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Here's the reality you're so desperate to deny. The real truth.

Watch the whole thing. 

And what is the real truth, in your opinion?  When this is all over with, covid (Wuhan Chinese flu) total deaths will be comparable to many other causes of death.  The only difference is with the other causes, it takes a year to count for all the deaths.  With covid, it has been just a couple of months.  And then those totals will eventually need to be adjusted.  Did people die of covid or with it?  I'm sure that places like China, if they can find some other cause of death, even if the person had covid, it's still not counted as a covid death.  Here, if they had covid at the time of death, it's counted as a covid death.  I think China is correct in this one situation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

And what is the real truth, in your opinion?  When this is all over with, covid (Wuhan Chinese flu) total deaths will be comparable to many other causes of death.  The only difference is with the other causes, it takes a year to count for all the deaths.  With covid, it has been just a couple of months.  And then those totals will eventually need to be adjusted.  Did people die of covid or with it?  I'm sure that places like China, if they can find some other cause of death, even if the person had covid, it's still not counted as a covid death.  Here, if they had covid at the time of death, it's counted as a covid death.  I think China is correct in this one situation.

We have a lot of death lately in Quebec, most of them are in geriatric house where most of their inhabitant are old and sick to begin with. I think whatever disease would have impacted them more or less the same, but a lot of them got COVID at the same time and now they are pilling the corpses. Did they all die from it ? Well a lot died of it, yes. Other died because they deflected medicare  to try to save covid cases. Some other died probably because of the stressful situation.

Human cannot cope with natural selection, it's out of bound to them. With the world connectivity that we have, its just a case of natural selection at a global range. Hard to swallow but it is. At the end, we will all die and we cannot always decide when. So we try to be human and save the most against it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

We have a lot of death lately in Quebec, most of them are in geriatric house where most of their inhabitant are old and sick to begin with. I think whatever disease would have impacted them more or less the same, but a lot of them got COVID at the same time and now they are pilling the corpses. Did they all die from it ? Well a lot died of it, yes. Other died because they deflected medicare  to try to save covid cases. Some other died probably because of the stressful situation.

Human cannot cope with natural selection, it's out of bound to them. With the world connectivity that we have, its just a case of natural selection at a global range. Hard to swallow but it is. At the end, we will all die and we cannot always decide when. So we try to be human and save the most against it. 

I've been saying this for weeks on You Tube. Apparently I'm wrong, because according to the religious right posters, it's because God is mad and punishing the people who didnt support *Trump. Cognative dissonance at it's worst. Try arguing natural selection with that bunch. Insightful post is insightful. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

according to the religious right posters, it's because God is mad and punishing the people who didnt support *Trump. Cognative dissonance at it's worst.

I don't suppose you'd be willing to cite the report/evidence of this occurring?  "Religious Right posters" is a potentially amorphous group that doesn't really think or act in lockstep.  FTR, I've seen no one claim that this scourge was created or directed by God.  If some group did do this, I'd be interested to know what their affiliation is.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I've been saying this for weeks on You Tube. Apparently I'm wrong, because according to the religious right posters, it's because God is mad and punishing the people who didnt support *Trump. Cognative dissonance at it's worst. Try arguing natural selection with that bunch. Insightful post is insightful. 

So the only thing to say :

Photo de Christopher Nesbitt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I've been saying this for weeks on You Tube. Apparently I'm wrong,

Very good for you.  Yes, you are wrong.

because according to the religious right posters, it's because God is mad and punishing the people who didnt support *Trump.

I’ve not seen any religious right posters claim that.  There might be one or two out there, but they are cloistered doomsdayers anyway.  And they could care less about Trump or the nation and some are probably Left leaning.  What we are going to see is a whole series of viruses and other diseases plague Mankind.  I predict the next one to be within the next two years.  It has nothing to do with not pleasing GOD, but because our population is growing too fast for the environment to maintain, mother nature has ways to thin the herd.  I’m sure the planet can support many more billions, but the birth rate is literally killing us.  The elderly with underlying conditions are unfortunately unnecessary targets.  The main targets are the youth with underlying conditions.  This culling will make the entire species stronger as strength is what is needed to perpetuate the species (i.e. natural selection).

Cognative dissonance at it's worst.

You exhibit that well.  Grammar and spelling could be better too.

Try arguing natural selection with that bunch. Insightful post is insightful. 

And ignorance is still ignorance.  Would it surprise you to know that natural selection is one of the first things in the Bible?  I’ll leave you to wonder about that.  This religion vs science thing is just getting stupid.  They work together.

18 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

We have a lot of death lately in Quebec, most of them are in geriatric house where most of their inhabitant are old and sick to begin with.

No more than most any other place, except for NY/NJ.  They are now expecting under 60,000 deaths in the US (down from 2 million).  By next week, it’ll be down to 50,000 with the vast majority in the NYC area.  If you were to spread out the covid deaths in these past two months, over a year, the death rate will be comparable if not less than most other causes of death.  Going to the corner grocery from your home, you have a better chance of being killed by a car or a drive by shooting.  There are just risks that people take in order to live their lives.  Quarantine only slows things down.  You kind of wonder why NYC has more death than any other nation?  NYC has 28k people in one square mile and most of them live in high rises that share the same ventilating systems.  So the stay at home order is probably spreading it just as fast.

I think whatever disease would have impacted them more or less the same, but a lot of them got COVID at the same time and now they are pilling the corpses.

I’m sure they are piling the corpses in India and China and not from covid.  In a population of 1 billion, a mortality rate (from all causes) of 1%, still will produce 10 million dead.  That’s a lot of piling.  In 2017 56 million lost their lives.  That’s roughly 8%.  That is a lot of bodies to deal with.

Did they all die from it ? Well a lot died of it, yes. Other died because they deflected medicare  to try to save covid cases. Some other died probably because of the stressful situation.

You’re pointing out that we are overwhelmed.  When you are overwhelmed, it’s better to work smarter, not harder.  We need more first responders, as in auxiliaries, peace corps, or even militia.  Ultimately, we all need to decide how we are going to meet death?  Are we going to sequester ourselves in the keep’s dungeon with the women and children or are we going to grab a weapon and man the wall? 

Human cannot cope with natural selection, it's out of bound to them. With the world connectivity that we have, its just a case of natural selection at a global range.

That’s not usually something one would consider having to cope with??  In any population, you will naturally have natural selection.  And in some cases, Man does his own manipulation of the genome.  I’ve seen it estimated that between 40% and 80% of the human genome comes from viruses.  It was one such virus that instilled consciousness into humans.  So it’s not something to cope with, but live/advance with.

Hard to swallow but it is. At the end, we will all die and we cannot always decide when. So we try to be human and save the most against it. 

Unless you take your own life, no one knows the hour of their death.  Now perhaps at the moment of death, some might be aware of that.  You’re right in that we need to always fight for life.  Never let the bass-terd win.  But we must understand at certain moments when to let life go.  Rent your clothes if you have to and move on to the next that needs help.

• The topic was locked