Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

San Antonio baby clinging to life

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

"A 1-month-old baby boy is still clinging to life, more than a week after he was shot.

"Baby Armani Cazares, born Feb. 25, has been in intensive care at University Hospital since Saturday morning, shot by his mother's 19-year-old boyfriend, police said. The family has set up this GoFundMe Page to help cover medical costs.

"Baby Armani has injured lungs and a shattered vertebrae and has since suffered some brain damage, due to the lack of oxygen."

Full report at News 4 San Antonio: Link

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Gromdor

I clicked on the GoFundMe page and after reading it I really have to question the life choices of some people. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Quote

Delacruz's boyfriend Lance Tello Jr., 19, didn't only shoot Armani, police said. He's also accused of shooting his own mother and 14-year-old sister inside his family's home on Five Forks Drive around 2:00 a.m. April 4. He's currently at the Bexar County Jail with bonds set at a combined $500,000.

Police said Tello next shot his 49-year-old mother and his 14-year-old sister. Both are expected to recover. Officers arrested him soon after the shooting several blocks away from his house.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/san-antonio-baby-clinging-to-life-with-gunshot-wound-to-chest

He is only 19! 

He has some extremely serious mental issues, and it is not down to being stressed at work.

Should be at least 50 years before he should even be considered for parole.

But he needs to be in a psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FLOMBIE

It makes me sad and angry that it needs a GoFundMe for medical bills.

I hope the baby will make it and recover! It's heartbreaking. 

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
47 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Should be at least 50 years before he should even be considered for parole.

It's Texas so they might give him "The Last Inoculation", which is what he deserves. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeonKennedy
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I clicked on the GoFundMe page and after reading it I really have to question the life choices of some people. 

What kind of comments? I'm afraid to look.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
56 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

It makes me sad and angry that it needs a GoFundMe for medical bills.

You keep going back to that talking point about U.S. healthcare even though it's been disproven multiple times.  NO ONE...CITIZEN OR ILLEGAL, POOR OR MIDDLE CLASS EVER, EVER, GETS DENIED EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE.  It's actually against the law to do so.  But keep whining about your "rage" over American injustice.  Maybe you'll find someone who actually cares.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FLOMBIE
Posted (edited)

 

29 minutes ago, and then said:

You keep going back to that talking point about U.S. healthcare even though it's been disproven multiple times.  NO ONE...CITIZEN OR ILLEGAL, POOR OR MIDDLE CLASS EVER, EVER, GETS DENIED EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE.  It's actually against the law to do so.  But keep whining about your "rage" over American injustice.  Maybe you'll find someone who actually cares.

Relax, dude. That's really riling you up, huh? For someone who doesn't care...

 

I guess medical bankruptcy is just an illusion. They won't get medical care denied, but they have to pay way too much for it. 

Edited by FLOMBIE
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
30 minutes ago, and then said:

You keep going back to that talking point about U.S. healthcare even though it's been disproven multiple times.  NO ONE...CITIZEN OR ILLEGAL, POOR OR MIDDLE CLASS EVER, EVER, GETS DENIED EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE.  It's actually against the law to do so.  But keep whining about your "rage" over American injustice.  Maybe you'll find someone who actually cares.

But was the gun o.k? Serious gun humpers need to know.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

I guess medical bankruptcy is just an illusion. They won't get medical care denied, but they have to pay way too much for it. 

You are correct.  Bankruptcies do occur and it's usually those who have some insurance that are economically punished.  The system has many flaws in it but I'd put the quality of our care up against any other nation on the planet.  The same holds true for our pharma corporations.  The primary reason for outrageous medical costs can be traced to the legal profession.  Lawyers have been living like scavengers off of physicians for years and it only gets worse.

Tort reform that put a serious obstacle in the way of greedy attorneys, would do much to lighten the costs.  If a physician makes a mistake with a catastrophic outcome for a patient then that physician needs to be reviewed and if found truly negligent, civil penalties should be levied.  The situation as it exists now, is far outside that kind of reasonable approach.  Medical malpractice insurance is a major expense for most physicians and the criteria for "negligence" has been codified over decades by lawsuits.

For every ailment, condition or trauma to the body, doctors have a "scope of practice".  Basically it's an algorithm that lists the imaging tests, lab work and physical ministrations that SHOULD be COMMON to anyone with that illness.  If a doctor has made a correct diagnosis without using EVERY test that is considered "necessary" and the patient suffers even a slightly less than perfect outcome, the Lawyers line up, sue and usually, win.

Here's the final irony.  When Americans finally decide to allow our government to be responsible for our health care, you can be sure that NO ONE will have the right to sue them for any poor outcome, no matter how negligent the physician.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
1 hour ago, and then said:

Here's the final irony.  When Americans finally decide to allow our government to be responsible for our health care, you can be sure that NO ONE will have the right to sue them for any poor outcome, no matter how negligent the physician.  

Nor the president? I think your wrong. He's going to pay big time. Once he's out of office, he'll be going straight to prison. The presidential protections wont help him then. All the pending lawsuits will no longer be held up by his toadies. Good riddance to corrupt rubbish.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
12 hours ago, and then said:

You are correct.  Bankruptcies do occur and it's usually those who have some insurance that are economically punished.  The system has many flaws in it but I'd put the quality of our care up against any other nation on the planet.  The same holds true for our pharma corporations.  The primary reason for outrageous medical costs can be traced to the legal profession.  Lawyers have been living like scavengers off of physicians for years and it only gets worse.

Tort reform that put a serious obstacle in the way of greedy attorneys, would do much to lighten the costs.  If a physician makes a mistake with a catastrophic outcome for a patient then that physician needs to be reviewed and if found truly negligent, civil penalties should be levied.  The situation as it exists now, is far outside that kind of reasonable approach.  Medical malpractice insurance is a major expense for most physicians and the criteria for "negligence" has been codified over decades by lawsuits.

For every ailment, condition or trauma to the body, doctors have a "scope of practice".  Basically it's an algorithm that lists the imaging tests, lab work and physical ministrations that SHOULD be COMMON to anyone with that illness.  If a doctor has made a correct diagnosis without using EVERY test that is considered "necessary" and the patient suffers even a slightly less than perfect outcome, the Lawyers line up, sue and usually, win.

Here's the final irony.  When Americans finally decide to allow our government to be responsible for our health care, you can be sure that NO ONE will have the right to sue them for any poor outcome, no matter how negligent the physician.  

As seen in all the other countries with national healthcare. 

Oh, wait... 

Again, you're living in a fantasy world. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.