Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery burning object falls from the sky

Still Waters

A huge burning object was spotted falling from the sky in Cambridge, UK, and no one knows what the heck it was.

The mysterious object was spotted by Cambridgeshire resident Gerry Underwood on Wednesday, April 15.

After seeing several shooting stars himself, Gerry was confident it wasn’t that, explaining that the object was moving ‘very slowly’.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/life/mysterious-massive-burning-object-tears-through-skies-above-england/

• Like 2

Sounds like space junk if it was falling as claimed.

We have to remember that objects moving away form us move towards the horizon. If the object is moving without changing altitude it moves towards the horizon. It could be going up or down but it still moves towards the horizon. The interpretation of the witness that it was falling is what is expected regardless of the direction the object took.

It might have been a rocket launch. It might be falling space junk. It might have been a plane.

This is from the link.

It looked like a very thick chemtrail to start with. It looked like a short, skinny cloud.

Anyone thinking chemtrail is already a suspect witness as far as I am concerned. The observer will force all of their ideas into the idea of chemtrails instead of looking to see what is occurring.

• Like 5

Jesus Superman has come to save us!!

Pretty sure that is just an aircraft. For some reason when you get a sunrise or sunset they look a lot bigger than normal.
They are impressive to see, but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

I have seen an explanation that it is a contrail from a cargo plane known to be flying in that area at the time. The setting sun, and winds at different levels cause the spiral effect and red glow.

• Like 4

Hands up sorry, it was me in my homemade rocket. Just checking that the Earth is still flat. Can confirm it is, over and out. 

• Haha 1

Yes, as Susanc241 rightly points out, it was an aircraft contrail lit up by the setting sun (and very obviously so)

How soon folk forget what used to be a common sight!

• Thanks 1