Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meanwhile in Michigan...

Jujo-jo

12 hours ago, odas said:

Paps, we don't know anything for sure. 99% recovery is just a preffered guess and it differs from area to area. 

Look up the difference between UK and Germany i.e. There is a huge difference in cases vs deaths vs recovered. Comparing to UK Germany seems unefected yet the recovery % in Germany is about 50% as of now and in UK 1% as of now. ONLY 1%!!!

Death rate in UK is 15% as of now and in Germany 1.5% as of now.

However, all those information are misleading because they lack a 100% accuracy in testing.

WE need to stay were we are to make safe that we do not get infected or not to infect anyone else. How hard is it to understand this?

I am effen going crazy at home, seen my children once from a distance in the past month. Did not have a smoke since March 15. Did not have my daily Timmies for a month. My wifes hair is getting grey, she is missing her friends and clients, the daily interaction.

But, this is all a small price to pay for the greater good. Stop being selfish and selfcentered. This planet is not yours only, it belongs to others too.

It is april and we have 151,000 deaths. If we don't listen to science and doctors ( I don't mean listening to sharlatans like OZ and Phil), the death toll will be easily 2mill by the end of year becasu of returning cases.

It starts in China again. The Virus is returning there. Don't tell me in 4 months we were not warned.

Again: April 17 2020. Covid 19 is on the rise again in China. WARNING TO OTHER COUNTRIES. DO NOT LOOSEN THE LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS YET.

At times, I honestly feel the same way but on the other hand if keeping people content to stay at home means they get to paint and plant grass seed then so be it...

Let them do it, the stores will do their part by only allowing so many in per sq. feet and hopefully the shoppers do their part by covering their mouths and wearing gloves and or using the sanitizer.

And as far as motor boats go...

I'm torn on this one too, part of me says let those people fish that's generally their main sorce of food and they share it with the elders and others, which means they won't be in the grocery stores as often. But then again they will be cuz they'll need lunch stuff, beer and tackle or worms...

Is she just worried it will turn into a boat party at this point. Which is likely i guess especially with the ones who do live on lakes and with the younger ones but they generally do keep their distances from one another from what I've ever seen...

13 hours ago, The Wistman said:

I'm confused.  Are you amused by this pic?  When you say 'What was she thinking?', what in particular are you referring to?  The things that were photoshopped in?

Because then there's ALWAYS this:

00.thumb.jpg.09f27d85d291e577ca737bcbc72d5e1a.jpg

Our very own Rodrigo Borgia.

Amused anybody?

Well... kinda...

Well what was she thinking...

Telling people they shouldn't travel out of their country and that they can't go to their cabins up north but someone out of state that has a vacation home here in MI can go to their cabin... WHAT! WTF?

&... so I'm not okay with that... now where taking in refugees lol or the ones who are trying to outwit and out run the virus cuz they think it might be safer here, when in fact they could be carriers...

Hmmm...

& we have over 11,000 lakes here in Michigan but those who have motor boats can't take them out on the lake they live on.... nop I'm not okay with that and I don't even live on a lake- lmao! Theres going to be boating accidents people rely on fishing to feed their families.

(Geography. Q: How many lakes are there in Michigan? A: There are more than 11,000 inlandlakes, 5 acres in size or larger, in Michigan. According to the Michigan Historical Society, one is never more than 6 miles from an inland lake or more than 85 miles from one of the Great Lakes.)

It's like she's gonna make sure no one makes any home improvements or has any fun during this pandemic! 

Things were going fine, everyone was doing their part but then she just got plain weird!

Edited by Jujo-jo

On 4/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, papageorge1 said:

Wow, I hope they are giving due consideration to the economic, jobs, mental health, social, educational, etcetera tolls of doing all that when forming policy.

What part of "stay at home" policy have people not understand?
What part of social distancing have people not understand?
What part of the virus spread have people not understand?
What part of the death toll have people not understand?

Sure you can take your chances, but you´re taking unwilling others with you, adn this is why the quarentine policy is at place, no one knows who´s infected and who´s not, no one knows who can survive or who cant.

Yes people will lose, its a heartbreaking time we´re living in, but your right of choice collides directly with others right to live.

What happened in Michigan is an embarrassment to the USA, and come up with "freedom" shaite, these people are fk morons, they could have protested and still keep distance amongst themselves. It was a worldwide facepalm.

Viruses don't care about human rights or beliefs. Fk Nature doesnt care about us.

PS: I lost my job due to this crisis.

Edited by godnodog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, godnodog said:

What part of "stay at home" policy have people not understand?
What part of social distancing have people not understand?
What part of the virus spread have people not understand?
What part of the death toll have people not understand?

Sure you can take your chances, but you´re taking unwilling others with you.

What happened in Michigan is an embarrassment to the USA, and come up with "freedom" shaite, these people are fk morons, they could have protested and still keep distance amongst themselves. It was a worldwide facepalm.

Viruses don't care about human rights or beliefs. Fk Nature doesnt care about us.

Spot on. I also saw health care workers had a dificult time getting to work because of the "Trump Parade". 

As usual, it is the very loud minority that puts others in danger. If things have to hapen the way that the minority wants then it is a rule of dictatorship and not democracy.

On the other hand, sure. Let them go out and mingle but have the right to refuse care once they fell victim to Covid 19 and also have the right to prosecute if someone else gets the virus because of them. Simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh my! Now protests in Maryland - some people just dont get it! They obviously don't see the real news around the world and pay attention to the numbers of the people infected and the numbers of the deaths that are in fact rising... so sad.

• Like 1

Well one thing the conservatives predicted and  got right. 

As soon as society is facing crisis and under stress, armed, intimidating thugs appear in front of public buildings and blocking a hospital ambulance entrance while mocking the doctors pleading with them to move. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I worry this affects their clear unbiased appraisal of what is best for society as a whole.

I've become horribly cynical over the last few years.  I no longer believe they actually WANT what is best for anyone but their own power base.  If they did they wouldn't be causing constant turmoil over every act this president takes, over every word out of his mouth.  I first thought it was just insanity of a kind but now I wonder if it isn't a kind of evil.  They are willing to play games at a time they are telling us to hide at home or be guilty of killing our neighbors.  They don't seem to have yet figured out that their media doesn't work as well as it once did.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

Things were going fine, everyone was doing their part but then she just got plain weird!

I've heard a few mentions now that she is possibly positioning herself as a VP candidate for dementia Joe and his traveling roadshow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well one thing the conservatives predicted and  got right. 

As soon as society is facing crisis and under stress, armed, intimidating thugs appear in front of public buildings and blocking a hospital ambulance entrance while mocking the doctors pleading with them to move. 

Selfishness and greed. The "only me culture". That is the culture that Trump represents. It is a loud and poweful minority.

I know my Good Americans are better than that. I am just afraid that Trump is going to an outright civil war in order to keep power for his family.

History will not be kind to the Trump Clan either way. 

• Confused 1

On 4/18/2020 at 3:16 AM, The Wistman said:

I'm confused.  Are you amused by this pic?  When you say 'What was she thinking?', what in particular are you referring to?  The things that were photoshopped in?

Because then there's ALWAYS this:

00.thumb.jpg.09f27d85d291e577ca737bcbc72d5e1a.jpg

Our very own Rodrigo Borgia.

Amused anybody?

Other than the nepotism and the “mysterious deaths” of a few rivals, wasnt Pope Alexander one of the better medieval Popes?

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:11 AM, third_eye said:

Obama looking like a Buddha more than anything abrahamic there actually... 

~

With a corona and a smoke.  It must mean something.:unsure2:

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2020 at 6:13 AM, acute said:

Can't you think of a catchier demonym?  How about 'Michites'?

Yeah it sounds like something from thr toutism board.

Officially it's Michiganian.

Wouldn't you prefer to move to Connecticut and become Conneticuter?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Why do they all sound so crap?

Do they have 'Iowainionites'?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, acute said:

Why do they all sound so crap?

Do they have 'Iowainionites'?

Iowegian definitely sounds better.

• Haha 2

Just now, Golden Duck said:

Iowegian definitely sounds better.

Let's strip it down to the basics:

Io's.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, acute said:

Let's strip it down to the basics:

Io's.

Genius! Which naturally leads to the road to recovery jingle:

Io, Io, it's back to work ...

See this was totally on topic!

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You can't get more on-topic!

Edited by acute
(unless you were discussing the topic)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Other than the nepotism and the “mysterious deaths” of a few rivals, wasnt Pope Alexander one of the better medieval Popes?

He was a Renaissance pope.  He overturned a lot of traditional Vatican rules to seize more power for the pontiff and was aggressive in cut-throat peninsular politics, to the dismay of the old order.  I don't know about 'better'...he was probably more intelligent and politically astute than most, but does his legacy stand up with those of Julius II, Leo X, or Paul III, maybe not.  Depends on your perspective, I suppose.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

With a corona and a smoke.  It must mean something.:unsure2:

For the artist or the subject? :yes:

~

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, and then said:

I've heard a few mentions now that she is possibly positioning herself as a VP candidate for dementia Joe and his traveling roadshow.

Yes, I believe that's true, how joyful.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, odas said:

Selfishness and greed. The "only me culture". That is the culture that Trump represents. It is a loud and poweful minority.

I know my Good Americans are better than that. I am just afraid that Trump is going to an outright civil war in order to keep power for his family.

History will not be kind to the Trump Clan either way. 

In my opinion 1st off he's not that cruel and he may sound like he's gruff and barking but at the end of the day he means well for the American citizines and before he became president, for a decade people were wanting him to run for the presidential election and he didn't want to but they wanted him because they saw the good he was doing for himself and they saw they way he conducted business and everyone was rallying and touting for him.

I don't think he is a sore loser and I don't think he'll go to that extreme, thats just not in his character traits.

I think, underneath it all, most of the people who say they hate him will vote for him secretly and he'll win another term anyway.

Under the circumstanses of the pandemic and economical crises, I also feel he should run for another trim because if he doesn't ,we are all in for a real big surprise of hurt and will be in much worse shape.

He's got a plan to make this work financially it's his plan and it will work if people give him the chance, if some other person comes in right now it will all go wrong and we will suffer greatly in MANY areas.

I may not agree with his immaturity at times or his rude comments but he's human and has a strange sense of humod.

And I can agree on a business perspective and the financial skills he has for our country and for our security.

He hasn't even been given a fair chance with all the Nacy Pelosi actions and causing him and us set backs and now with this pandemic.  He really hasn't had a chance to do anything but defend himself and get caught up in the b.s. and be focused on all that.

I think he deserves another term...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Yeah it sounds like something from thr toutism board.

Officially it's Michiganian.

Yeah really!

They're complaining about the school that are shut down - well sorry but any parent who loves their children, most likely would want to keep them safe and not put them at risk and put them right in the mix of it all - wow, but okay... I think they're getting some fake news out that way...

14 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Genius! Which naturally leads to the road to recovery jingle:

Io, Io, it's back to work ...

Maybe not but kinda, it's very true and funny!

19 hours ago, and then said:

I've become horribly cynical over the last few years.  I no longer believe they actually WANT what is best for anyone but their own power base.  If they did they wouldn't be causing constant turmoil over every act this president takes, over every word out of his mouth.  I first thought it was just insanity of a kind but now I wonder if it isn't a kind of evil.  They are willing to play games at a time they are telling us to hide at home or be guilty of killing our neighbors.  They don't seem to have yet figured out that their media doesn't work as well as it once did.  

Have you ever tried to look at it from a different point of view ? Just for one second, take of your Trump glasses and imagine that if the current president of the US wouldn't be causing constant turmoil via twitter, stating false claims, lies, and fairy tales and if the current president of the US would stop touting about his business friends during every press conference and if the current president of the US would stop being such a narcissist and if the current president of the US would start being a true leader & unite the country instead of spreading division, maybe they wouldn't causing turmoil over every act this president takes and every word that comes out of his mouth ? 

• Like 2