Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meanwhile in Michigan...

Jujo-jo

12 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Have you ever tried to look at it from a different point of view ? Just for one second, take of your Trump glasses and imagine that if the current president of the US wouldn't be causing constant turmoil via twitter, stating false claims, lies, and fairy tales and if the current president of the US would stop touting about his business friends during every press conference and if the current president of the US would stop being such a narcissist and if the current president of the US would start being a true leader & unite the country instead of spreading division, maybe they wouldn't causing turmoil over every act this president takes and every word that comes out of his mouth ? 

No doubt,the man says stupid things sometimes...but have you ever tried to look at it from a different point of view?

If partisan hack left wingers could quit "diddling" themselves over EVERY single action,word spoken,or fart passed by the man that maybe,just MAYBE the all wise and all loving Democrat party coulda came up with better candidates than Hillary and O'biden?

If ya dislike everything about Trump that's cool,i don't really care one way or the other...

Blame "Trumpers" for all the worlds ills all ya want,but Hillary and O'biden are 100% the lefts fault!...they had 4 years to come up with something better,time to start bashing them for their own wasted time and stupidity...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jujo-jo said:

In my opinion 1st off he's not that cruel and he may sound like he's gruff and barking but at the end of the day he means well for the American citizines and before he became president, for a decade people were wanting him to run for the presidential election and he didn't want to but they wanted him because they saw the good he was doing for himself and they saw they way he conducted business and everyone was rallying and touting for him.

I don't think he is a sore loser and I don't think he'll go to that extreme, thats just not in his character traits.

I think, underneath it all, most of the people who say they hate him will vote for him secretly and he'll win another term anyway.

Under the circumstanses of the pandemic and economical crises, I also feel he should run for another trim because if he doesn't ,we are all in for a real big surprise of hurt and will be in much worse shape.

He's got a plan to make this work financially it's his plan and it will work if people give him the chance, if some other person comes in right now it will all go wrong and we will suffer greatly in MANY areas.

I may not agree with his immaturity at times or his rude comments but he's human and has a strange sense of humod.

And I can agree on a business perspective and the financial skills he has for our country and for our security.

He hasn't even been given a fair chance with all the Nacy Pelosi actions and causing him and us set backs and now with this pandemic.  He really hasn't had a chance to do anything but defend himself and get caught up in the b.s. and be focused on all that.

I think he deserves another term...

Please list all the good he did for the american people vs all the good he did for himself.

You are aware of the fact that the majority of Americans voted for Clinton, not Trump?

Why does he deserve a second term? Why? First bigger issue and he failed as a President. You are lucky to have Governors, both Dems and Reps, who were mature enough and handeld the situation.

You EARN a second shut, not  "deserving" it. You EARN your stripes, your purpel heart, your promotion...you do not get it because you "deserve" it. You deserve it once you earn it, not before.

Trump did not earn any of those. He is destroying America as we know it. America was always the light for the free world, for the smart ones, for the brave ones...and Trump is destroting all of that making America an example of greed and apathy.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

No doubt,the man says stupid things sometimes...but have you ever tried to look at it from a different point of view?

If partisan hack left wingers could quit "diddling" themselves over EVERY single action,word spoken,or fart passed by the man that maybe,just MAYBE the all wise and all loving Democrat party coulda came up with better candidates than Hillary and O'biden?

If ya dislike everything about Trump that's cool,i don't really care one way or the other...

Blame "Trumpers" for all the worlds ills all ya want,but Hillary and O'biden are 100% the lefts fault!...they had 4 years to come up with something better,time to start bashing them for their own wasted time and stupidity...

But doesn't it start with himself ? I mean I remember when he first came into office, every single person, left or right, if they had just a tiny little bit of criticism towards him, he would start calling them childish names, attack them on social media and I even recall him successfully inflaming his followers resulting into physical harm towards others that disagreed with him. And how about his numerous lies, his false and misleading claims ? Isn't it not kinda the job of the media to hold him responsible and question him if he says something that is factual untrue and/or misleading ? I truly believe that his ability to be a good leader is there but he just got to stop touting, lying, and misleading and start to show more humility, clarity, empathy and knowledge and he has to make efforts to unite his people, not divide him. If he would only admits his mistakes every once in a while and trusts his people and communicate clearly. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

18 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I truly believe that his ability to be a good leader is there but he just got to stop touting, lying, and misleading and start to show more humility, clarity, empathy and knowledge and he has to make efforts to unite his people, not divide him. If he would only admits his mistakes every once in a while and trusts his people and communicate clearly. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Not gonna happen.  He is what he is.  Some love him for it, some don't.  He has no reason to change.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

But doesn't it start with himself ? I mean I remember when he first came into office, every single person, left or right, if they had just a tiny little bit of criticism towards him, he would start calling them childish names, attack them on social media and I even recall him successfully inflaming his followers resulting into physical harm towards others that disagreed with him. And how about his numerous lies, his false and misleading claims ? Isn't it not kinda the job of the media to hold him responsible and question him if he says something that is factual untrue and/or misleading ? I truly believe that his ability to be a good leader is there but he just got to stop touting, lying, and misleading and start to show more humility, clarity, empathy and knowledge and he has to make efforts to unite his people, not divide him. If he would only admits his mistakes every once in a while and trusts his people and communicate clearly. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Fair points @thedutchiedutch. However, doesn't that make it even STRANGER that the best the Democrats could come up with to oppose him is 77 hear old Joe Biden, as @CrimsonKing has already alluded to ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Fair points @thedutchiedutch. However, doesn't that make it even STRANGER that the best the Democrats could come up with to oppose him is 77 hear old Joe Biden, as @CrimsonKing has already alluded to ? 

Fair point RoofGardener. However, Biden gets voted in and everything gets straightened out again and the US is back on track again when it comes to cultural evolution :) US politics is like dancing, republicans in = take 2 steps back in evolution and Democrats in is like jump 2 steps forward again lol

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

true leader & unite the country instead of spreading division,

I'm not much into total surrender to people who want to destroy my country.  You have a wonderful day.

20 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm not much into total surrender to people who want to destroy my country.  You have a wonderful day.

Well, by the looks of your posts you did totally surrender to your current leader and guess what he is doing ? Do I have to spell it out for you ? 
Have a wonderful day as well :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

Hello AT. How's life? Boring I believe, like mine now. Hope that we can go back to at least semi normal as soon as possible.

I had some time to think and came to one or two conclusions. I think that you should vote again for Trump. He should be again elected.

He does not want it now, as we all can see. He is afraid. He knows he screwd up and he knows that he was only riding a already good economy left by Obama. Anyone could have done that. Now, things have changed and I would like to see how Trump is going to rebuild your economy. Now that is a test and challange.

VOTE FOR TRUMP!!!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 12:46 PM, godnodog said:

What part of "stay at home" policy have people not understand?
What part of social distancing have people not understand?
What part of the virus spread have people not understand?
What part of the death toll have people not understand?

Sure you can take your chances, but you´re taking unwilling others with you, adn this is why the quarentine policy is at place, no one knows who´s infected and who´s not, no one knows who can survive or who cant.

Yes people will lose, its a heartbreaking time we´re living in, but your right of choice collides directly with others right to live.

What happened in Michigan is an embarrassment to the USA, and come up with "freedom" shaite, these people are fk morons, they could have protested and still keep distance amongst themselves. It was a worldwide facepalm.

Viruses don't care about human rights or beliefs. Fk Nature doesnt care about us.

PS: I lost my job due to this crisis.

I hope you are getting unemployment.  My brother lost his job as well.  It sucks but in our state at least he is given unemployment until things get better and he can find a new job.  I hope you are ok.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:09 PM, Jujo-jo said:

Oh my! Now protests in Maryland - some people just dont get it! They obviously don't see the real news around the world and pay attention to the numbers of the people infected and the numbers of the deaths that are in fact rising... so sad.

Could it be paid "protestors" campaigning for Trump?  That's what I thought the "protesters" in Michigan were.

54 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Could it be paid "protestors" campaigning for Trump?  That's what I thought the "protesters" in Michigan were.

That's an interesting possibility, but the Michigan governor really was being a little more strict then most governors of other states. I think the other protests in other states are people following what happened in Michigan. They don't understand the spread of this virus and how seriously infectious it is and it was the same way in 1918 when a second wave of H1N1 virus came and wipe out 675,000 or more Americans. A lot of that generation refused to stay at home and practice social distancing and so they learned the hard way.

22 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I feel like I'm on Reddit again.

Reddit had a absolute meltdown every time Bernie lost a state because they just can't fathom lol.

UM seems to be the same but with a right wing bias.

Just like how Reddit is out of touch with reality so is UM.

Biden is actually a strong candidate and is probably going to beat Trump. 

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like I'm on Reddit again.

Reddit had a absolute meltdown every time Bernie lost a state because they just can't fathom lol.

UM seems to be the same but with a right wing bias.

Just like how Reddit is out of touch with reality so is UM.

Biden is actually a strong candidate and is probably going to beat Trump. 

That may be so, but Biden can't even complete a sentence without getting distracted.  It will be more of the same, hopefully without the tweets. 

16 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That may be so, but Biden can't even complete a sentence without getting distracted

That's not true though. Everyone saying that is helping Biden because once the election gets closer they will see Biden in debates and speeches and realize that he is competent and has been the whole time, then they will see it as slander and dirty politics and Biden will win.

I saw it the entire time in the primary. Bernie's people felt like once there was a 1v1 debate Biden would get destroyed, because after all he can't speak coherently, right? At least that's what the YouTube montages tell us. Well Bernie lost that debate by most measures. 

The same thing is going to happen in the general in pretty much the same way.

Edited by spartan max2

27 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That's not true though. Everyone saying that is helping Biden because once the election gets closer they will see Biden in debates and speeches and realize that he is competent and has been the whole time, then they will see it as slander and dirty politics and Biden will win.

I saw it the entire time in the primary. Bernie's people felt like once there was a 1v1 debate Biden would get destroyed, because after all he can't speak coherently, right? At least that's what the YouTube montages tell us. Well Bernie lost that debate by most measures. 

The same thing is going to happen in the general in pretty much the same way.

You may be right. 

I don't think the victory over Sanders is anything to brag about.   I think we all knew Sanders was not going to win.   He's too far left for even most democrats.  Once Biden started getting the endorsements, it was all over.

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile in this thread.... it's gone completely off the rails for a while now. Let's stop with that and get back on topic please... So, a question was asked about what's going on in Michigan back on page one.

On 4/17/2020 at 12:30 PM, Desertrat56 said:

How weird.  Home Depot and Lowes are the busiest stores in town here.  Why can't they buy seeds and paint in Michigan?

There seems to be a couple reasons for this. A part is that from the first stay at home order, small businesses were getting closed, like small paint stores and garden places. The small businesses and some of the politicians argued against this move. The big box stores were still allowed to have those sections of their stores open and people were congregating for shopping. Also under the first order was a ban on public/commercial landscaping services, and it's DIY right now. It's spring in Michigan. Lots of people traveling for vacation homes, sprucing up their homes, spring cleaning after the winter... so in a lack of some of the smaller places, there was increasing of people going to the big box stores for the shopping. 

I think the pressure to open more businesses like garden centers and paint sellers ended up backfiring once the stay in place extension was made. Instead of opening up more, the result was closing down the bigger stores that still had those kinds of sections open. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, rashore said:

I think the pressure to open more businesses like garden centers and paint sellers ended up backfiring once the stay in place extension was made. Instead of opening up more, the result was closing down the bigger stores that still had those kinds of sections open. 

so they are not allowed to have curb pickup? I know ACE is offering where you can order online, then drive to your local store, park in a designated area, and they bring it out to you. I am not sure we are actually banned from going into the store, but It seems that might be a good first step for all kinds of stores who can do that.

Edited by micahc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, micahc said:

so they are not allowed to have curb pickup? I know ACE is offering where you can order online, then drive to your local store, park in a designated area, and they bring it out to you. I am not sure we are actually banned from going into the store, but It seems that might be a good first step for all kinds of stores who can do that.

I do not know if curbside pickup is allowed or not. Or if personal shopping delivery services allow it or not- I would guess if regular shoppers aren't allowed into those areas, the personal services probably wouldn't be either. Just that the in-store physical areas of the big box stores were closed to in-person shopping of items that included seed racks and paint aisles. To my understanding, other areas of the big box stores may be open for shopping, like food, pet food, necessary stuff like paper goods, cleaning, baby, pharmacy. But the garden and paint areas were/are closed off. 

In a way I get it- garden centers and seed racks can get very much anti-distancing. If folks have a picky with picking produce or fresh meat- they often are even pickier about picking out plants and seeds. And a lot of gardening folks are way more friendly about being close around each other shopping. And also, the seasonal pads of big box stores often aren't well attended or babysat to ensure the store is complying with the rules about social distancing. Better to close off the liability potential along with the state orders rather than go against it. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I would say one of the most disappointing things about the social distancing rules is how they vary from state to state and even city to city.  Having a unified national standard for all this is too much I guess.  It's like we are fighting a war, but every unit on every battlefield has been left to deal with the enemy on their own.  It's no wonder we are number 1 for infections and deaths. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it's not like Dr. Fauci and Dr Birx haven't given clear guidelines every day for everyone to go by. :rolleyes: If the idiot local politicians and individuals can't follow common sense it wouldn't matter if it came straight from White House orders. Especially with so many people thinking Trump and anyone who works in his administration are morons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, odas said:

You are lucky to have Governors, both Dems and Reps, who were mature enough and handeld the situation.

27 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, I would say one of the most disappointing things about the social distancing rules is how they vary from state to state and even city to city.  Having a unified national standard for all this is too much I guess.  It's like we are fighting a war, but every unit on every battlefield has been left to deal with the enemy on their own.  It's no wonder we are number 1 for infections and deaths. 

Apparently they can't.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, odas said:

Please list all the good he did for the american people vs all the good he did for himself.

You are aware of the fact that the majority of Americans voted for Clinton, not Trump?

Why does he deserve a second term? Why? First bigger issue and he failed as a President. You are lucky to have Governors, both Dems and Reps, who were mature enough and handeld the situation.

You EARN a second shut, not  "deserving" it. You EARN your stripes, your purpel heart, your promotion...you do not get it because you "deserve" it. You deserve it once you earn it, not before.

Trump did not earn any of those. He is destroying America as we know it. America was always the light for the free world, for the smart ones, for the brave ones...and Trump is destroting all of that making America an example of greed and apathy.

lol okay, if you say so... I sure am glad our reality is different ; )

Bringing jobs back to America for one, is a big start and if you can not see the other good that he has done with the very little amount of times he's had to work on things, then I'd have to say you're missing out on quite a lot really.

Two, closing our boarders : ) it's no longer a free for all for people who can't even speak English to sit around and to live off from welfare.

Three it also cut the chances for more terrorist to just keep on walking in on us.

Those three alone are VERY major in my book and are great accomplishments that should have happened YEARS ago. He did it because no one else cared to and no one else wanted to.

But ok, you're entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Jujo-jo

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh, hmm.. maybe, but I dont think so, I think it's just people board and wanting to get out and speak out cuz they'd rather have something to bitc# about then nothing at all, not to mention they're just being plain stupid wanting their 5 minutes of fame on t.v. lol idk

I was always told shut up and do what you're told especially if it's for your own good but probably most people didn't get the back hand across the mouth like I did if they were out of line. lol ; )

On 4/19/2020 at 12:36 PM, thedutchiedutch said:

I think a HUGE part of the problem is that they only show clips of what he says and only clips of the who story, theres a lot of twisting of words and bending them.

Honestly I don't see really where he's done a whole lot of lieing, its just what the media does with his words and comments.

As far as calling people childish names and tweeting immiturely, I'd rather him be real than fake and I support him sticking up for himself and I really don't care in what manners he does it, as long as he does do it - we seen how Hillary stuck up for herself when Billy was cheating so, um, yep! I'm real happy with my president, regardless.

• Like 1