Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Jujo-jo

Meanwhile in Michigan...

134 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

razman
On 4/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, Desertrat56 said:

How weird.  Home Depot and Lowes are the busiest stores in town here.  Why can't they buy seeds and paint in Michigan?

Menard's too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jujo-jo
2 hours ago, rashore said:

I do not know if curbside pickup is allowed or not. Or if personal shopping delivery services allow it or not- I would guess if regular shoppers aren't allowed into those areas, the personal services probably wouldn't be either. Just that the in-store physical areas of the big box stores were closed to in-person shopping of items that included seed racks and paint aisles. To my understanding, other areas of the big box stores may be open for shopping, like food, pet food, necessary stuff like paper goods, cleaning, baby, pharmacy. But the garden and paint areas were/are closed off. 

In a way I get it- garden centers and seed racks can get very much anti-distancing. If folks have a picky with picking produce or fresh meat- they often are even pickier about picking out plants and seeds. And a lot of gardening folks are way more friendly about being close around each other shopping. And also, the seasonal pads of big box stores often aren't well attended or babysat to ensure the store is complying with the rules about social distancing. Better to close off the liability potential along with the state orders rather than go against it. 

My friends daughter and son in law just bought paint at our local Ace hardware. But our local Walmart is not allowed to sell it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DingoLingo

heh I have to admit.. i love the fact these guys have been totally catfished.. everyone of these protests and their websites come from one person ;)

they have suckered in.. took the bait hook line and sinker.. 

oh if your wondering

the guillibility of the trumpers is beyond belief LOL

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jujo-jo

A bit off topic here but once again Miss Nancy isn't making any sense today....

(Pelosi)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
14 hours ago, Jujo-jo said:

A bit off topic here but once again Miss Nancy isn't making any sense today....

(Pelosi)

She, like half of the congress and senators we have, is senile.  We need term limits.  And a mental test to make sure people are not suffering from dementia or some other mental disability (like severe narcissism or pschopathy) before they are allowed to run for office. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem
On 4/17/2020 at 4:43 PM, Jujo-jo said:

This is lovely!...

Now the thought was one thing... but once you put a visual out there, oh boy, how cruel.

Poor women what was she thinking!

Michigans-Democratic-Governor-Gretchen-Whitmer-1280x720.jpg

This person must have a mental problem , in fact anyone who supports maniacs has a mental problem ,but her hair is parted on the wrong side. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

This person must have a mental problem , in fact anyone who supports maniacs has a mental problem ,but her hair is parted on the wrong side. 

I think someone pointed out that the mustache and flag are photo shopped in.  You can't believe anything you see on the internet any more.  And even stuff that isn't altered is lied about to get people upset or angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem
2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think someone pointed out that the mustache and flag are photo shopped in.  You can't believe anything you see on the internet any more.  And even stuff that isn't altered is lied about to get people upset or angry.

In that case I apologise . I'm not upset or angry , is she that bad that someone has to do things like that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

In that case I apologise . I'm not upset or angry , is she that bad that someone has to do things like that

I don't think it has anything to do with her, it has to do with causing reactions, and innuendo, denigration etc.  Someone doesn't like her but based on that picture there is no real way to know why.  I think the person who originally posted it on this thread was making a joke but I would have to go back and see.  I have been caught up in this kind of thing as well and now I have decided not to believe anything I can't verify somehow.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter B
Posted (edited)

Armed protestors inside Michigan capitol building:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-lansing-coronavirus-protest-capitol-guns-rifles

Dennis Sigler, 66, of Mason, told the newspaper he attended the protest out of respect for others and not because he was worried about the COVID-19.

"I love freedom," he said. "In America, we should be free. Don't let them try to protect us from ourselves."

Edited by Peter B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter B

Sure, I understand why these people are protesting. For one thing, some of the Governor's restrictions were/are strange. But more importantly, I know that the right to freedom is mentioned in the Declaration of Independence, so it sits at the heart of what it is to be American.

But the right to freedom is only one of three rights mentioned in that sentence in the DoI. One of the others is the right to life.

What happens when one person's right to freedom infringes another person's right to life?

For example, if you're walking down the street with a legally concealed firearm, and it discharges (due to your actions not some inherent defect in the weapon) and an innocent unaware person is killed as a result, you're in serious legal trouble, aren't you?

So, if you're walking down the street knowingly infected with COVID-19, and you infect an innocent unaware person who dies as a result, shouldn't you be in a similar amount of legal trouble?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, Peter B said:

.....................

So, if you're walking down the street knowingly infected with COVID-19, and you infect an innocent unaware person who dies as a result, shouldn't you be in a similar amount of legal trouble?

if you know you are infectious it is a crime, same as knowingly spread aids\hiv, thou in cali it is not a crime anymore,

as far as weapon situation, it depends on circumstances, it could be treated as an accident, or inv. manslaughter. no different than a car accident that lead to death 

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
3 hours ago, aztek said:

if you know you are infectious it is a crime, same as knowingly spread aids\hiv, thou in cali it is not a crime anymore,

Any idea why they changed that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter B
4 hours ago, aztek said:

if you know you are infectious it is a crime, same as knowingly spread aids\hiv, thou in cali it is not a crime anymore,

as far as weapon situation, it depends on circumstances, it could be treated as an accident, or inv. manslaughter. no different than a car accident that lead to death 

Fair enough. Good point.

Now what about cases where you're walking down the street and you don't know you're infected with COVID-19, but it's afterwards demonstrated that you did have the disease and passed it to someone who later died. What legal problems should you face now? Would it be similar to walking down the street not realising you were carrying a firearm (say, it was placed in your gym bag without your knowledge), and said firearm discharged and killed someone?

I'm not trying to set some nefarious legal trick. Rather, I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who are desperate to be free of the restrictions various state governments have placed on them, but who possibly haven't thought through the possibility that they could be responsible for killing other people as a consequence of their desire to not be restricted. And let's take it as a given that I accept these people openly carrying their firearms are completely responsible about their weapons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
On 4/23/2020 at 10:07 AM, Desertrat56 said:

She, like half of the congress and senators we have, is senile.  We need term limits.  And a mental test to make sure people are not suffering from dementia or some other mental disability (like severe narcissism or pschopathy) before they are allowed to run for office. 

I'm all on board with limiting the amount of terms on can serve.   Not on board with any mental tests.  The can be subjective.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micahc

it's still a crime in California.  spreading fake news is the problem these days mainly by people who support Trump. I guess because he attacks California non stop, his supporters think California is fair game.  https://www.shouselaw.com/willful-exposure  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I'm all on board with limiting the amount of terms on can serve.   Not on board with any mental tests.  The can be subjective.  

Plus a psychopath will "pass" whatever test you put in front of them, knowing they have to to get the job. Lol.

And you have to be a little narcassistic to be a politican. It's not what normal people do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2020 at 2:51 AM, Peter B said:

Fair enough. Good point.

Now what about cases where you're walking down the street and you don't know you're infected with COVID-19, but it's afterwards demonstrated that you did have the disease and passed it to someone who later died. What legal problems should you face now? Would it be similar to walking down the street not realising you were carrying a firearm (say, it was placed in your gym bag without your knowledge), and said firearm discharged and killed someone?

I'm not trying to set some nefarious legal trick. Rather, I'm trying to understand the thinking of people who are desperate to be free of the restrictions various state governments have placed on them, but who possibly haven't thought through the possibility that they could be responsible for killing other people as a consequence of their desire to not be restricted. And let's take it as a given that I accept these people openly carrying their firearms are completely responsible about their weapons.

well if you talking about legal side, then  you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt, that a person A infected person B and not any other person could possibly do so. good luck doing that.    a mask and reasonable social distance will prevent it,  afaik no one protests masks. and reasonable distance.  

as far as gun in a bag, guns do not go off by themselves,  if someone placed a gun in my bag without my knowledge that fault is on that person. you are inventing impossible what if scenarios,.

when restrictions are reasonable it is one thing when they are knee jerk reaction with no benefits, just to make it look like something is done,  (like closing "not essential sections" in stores, i mean wth i'm already in the store anyway) , or closing dept. stores even though other stores are open, then it gets people pi$$ed off, and rightfully so.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Why does it make sense to to protest for freedom wearing flak jackets and armed when nobody else is?  Why is freedom well served by waving Nazi flags?

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Just now, Tatetopa said:

Why does it make sense to to protest for freedom wearing flak jackets and armed when nobody else is?  Why is freedom well served by waving Nazi flags?

Yes, the nazi flags makes it look like a joke since the nazi's have nothing to do with freedom.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
diddyman68
2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Plus a psychopath will "pass" whatever test you put in front of them, knowing they have to to get the job. Lol.

And you have to be a little narcassistic to be a politican. It's not what normal people do.

thats one of the many reasons i don't trust any politicians,especially career politicians

power + greed and a psyscopathic tendency leads to widespread corruption ,and it gets worse as they climb the ladder and introduce laws and loopholes to protect their and their associates crimes.

and of course they never go to jail coz they have judges,and media in their pockets,

just my opinion,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck

So there wee elections in Michigan this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
On 5/1/2020 at 1:02 AM, Peter B said:

....So, if you're walking down the street knowingly infected with COVID-19, and you infect an innocent unaware person who dies as a result, shouldn't you be in a similar amount of legal trouble?

Unless you're in California ! 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/ct-hiv-felony-california-20171010-story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.