Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Pillow guy goes off script at WH briefing

OverSword

6 hours ago, Piney said:

The Religious Right wants it reversed. 

There is only one way for that and it is through legislation and not the courts as they have already ruled so who cares what the so called right wants. There is not a coalition in the congress that would dare to introduce a bill to the effect of ilegalizing either one. Both arguments are just scare tactics to make the left afraid of the right because people are too ignorant to know how the system really works.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, _Only said:

You appear very immature in your responses and rarely add anything to political discussions of any substance, while the people you taunt like you are a schoolyard bully are trying to engage in rational, non abrasive discussion.

Well... I have no choice in instances such as this in regards to who I was addressing, I see no rationality with what was spewed at me, and believe me when I say that what I replied with was as smoothfully comforting as possible without descending into irrationality... 

~

You probably have a good time on Twiiter. 

You just leave your personal fantasies out of this... 

~

You might want to really consider putting ego aside and engaging in more fruitful, fair disussions with those you disagree with. You don't have to be someone's best friend, but jeez man, show some civility.

You first, then go tell this whom you regard as fair, fruitful and entirely disagreeable what you mean by "civility"

I have hundreds of years of insufferable colonial history that is choke full of injustices to address rationally...

~

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, third_eye said:

I have hundreds of years of insufferable colonial history that is choke full of injustices to address rationally...

Oh PLEASE. You had your independence in.. what.. 1957 or something ? How has it gone since then ? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh PLEASE. You had your independence in.. what.. 1957 or something ? How has it gone since then ? 

Why? 

What's it to you? 

~

7 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Trump supporters stage an armed protest againt covid-19 lockdown:  You can't shoot a virus (except out of your nose and mouth).

What I like about this problem is the way it is going to solve itself in the next couple of weeks. #UnintendedConsequences

As a foreigner I have to say that the image in the link, the one with the fully armed hill people, is the most bizarre one I`ve ever seen related to citizens performing their democratic rights by demonstrating and I would like to ask: what exactly is the message behind it? An announcement of possible consequences?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, toast said:

As a foreigner I have to say that the image in the link, the one with the fully armed hill people, is the most bizarre one I`ve ever seen related to citizens performing their democratic rights by demonstrating and I would like to ask: what exactly is the message behind it? An announcement of possible consequences?

Perhaps, though possibly not in the way that you think ? 

As I dimly understand it, they are protesting that the "lock down" executive order declared by their State Governor are actually in breach of the constitution. This could set a precedent for future authoritarian use of such powers. 

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Why? 

What's it to you? 

~

Oh, Is there nothing so sad as unrequited love?

Messala Severus to Judah Ben Hur concerning rebellious Jews.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Oh, Is there nothing so sad as unrequited love?

Messala Severus to Judah Ben Hur concerning rebellious Jews.

You play with your snails, I will keep to oysters, thank you... 

~

• Haha 1

Just now, third_eye said:

You play with your snails, I will keep to oysters, thank you... 

~

It wasn’t you I was mocking my Brother.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It wasn’t you I was mocking my Brother.

I wasn't knocking you, I was following the script... 

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I wasn't knocking you, I was following the script... 

~

I must missed that part, was that Charelton Heston :P

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

It was censored from the movie, Tony Curtis was the "snail"

:yes:

~

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oh crap!

I got the wrong script, that was Spartacus, not Ben Hur... 

Much apologies... 

I was juggling viruses... :lol:

Sowwies... 

~

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, toast said:

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Perhaps, though possibly not in the way that you think ? 

As I dimly understand it, they are protesting that the "lock down" executive order declared by their State Governor are actually in breach of the constitution. This could set a precedent for future authoritarian use of such powers. 

So aren't there constitutional methods of opposing the governor's actions? As opposed to threatening violence?

ETA: Plus, according to this article, people protesting in Boise against the Republican governor included people who "...carried signs claiming the coronavirus is a hoax..." More deaths in the USA than in any other country at the moment, and there are still people thinking it's a hoax...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-18/usa-protests-for-coronavirus-reopening-after-donald-trump-tweet/12160930

Edited by Peter B

I like this guy. From carpet cleaning to crack head & alcoholic, to pillow maker and millionaire and currently producing cotton face masks to help keeping people safe from Covid-19. 
Good for him :)

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 12:55 PM, Piney said:

The Religious Right wants it reversed. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:21 PM, Hankenhunter said:

fark_HfzLR86jVpgpV_D7TXYHYtjib0U.jpg

With 80% of the US still identifying as Christian, youd think "Christian Values" would still be the Law. That such isnt the case would seem to indicate that such meme based ignorance is simply wrong. And being against abortion, or gay marriage, is, in fact a personal moral choice, rather then a pure religious one.

I am prolife, but I also believe there is many exceptions based on context. Gay marriage, I feel, is a term like Global Warming. It should be called Joint Marriage, or some such, and the "gay" left out of it.

Make it a civil issue, not a gender issue, and you'll eliminate 50% of the pushback. A contract between two people... Any two people.