Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you practice in daily life?

Cultivator of Fa

As a spiritual/ religious person, what do you focus on in your daily practice of the chosen religion/path you are following?

• Thanks 3

For many people today the focus is dealing with  the change in their life because of the virus.

Some religious people are focusing on their god: 

Almighty God, we know that everything is in Your sovereign control. We ask that You keep this new coronavirus from continuing to spread

https://www.worldvision.org/disaster-relief-news-stories/prayers-people-affected-new-coronavirus

God loves us, he won’t bring us corona,” another chimed in.

“The Torah protects us,” a third said. “We don’t need to do anything.”

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/israeli-charedim-on-coronavirus-were-not-scared-god-will-protect-us/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

For many people today the focus is dealing with  the change in their life because of the virus.

Some religious people are focusing on their god: 

The virus is clearly affecting many, we can see that in the news, but does it affect the way we cultivate the teaching in religion or cultivation path?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

The virus is clearly affecting many, we can see that in the news, but does it affect the way we cultivate the teaching in religion or cultivation path?

Some may be questioning  it now. 

Some will be relying on their beliefs more than ever.

Some will be praying more than before.

But I guess the best people to answer this would be a religious person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As A Christan I Try to put my focus on Jesus. The practice I put in is helping others. Charity, prayers and etc. The virus situation if anything has brought me closer to Jesus aka Virtual reality support and be church services. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

As a spiritual/ religious person, what do you focus on in your daily practice of the chosen religion/path you are following?

I am a dog walker and dog behaviourist, when it comes to dog behaviour, I have no qualifications, just a lifetime of experience of owning them and studying them. 

I hate religion, god has no place in my life, but I love the outdoors, I love mother nature and all she has to offer me. I listen to the wind, especially when it blows through the autumn tree's, I smell new growth after a heavy storm.. I have a daily routine when walking my dogs....  

I say good morning to the sun every morning, even when its cloudy on our first pack walk, the pack and I  say good morning to the tree’s, sheep, horses and birds, We absorb the outdoors so we can feel part of Nature and listen to the skylarks, while they entertain us on the moors. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I find it sad that you don't care for the God aspect and hatred for religion is completely understandable. But as for the rest of what you said I just want to stay that was beautifully well said. I hope you and your dogs will be ok through all this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I say good morning to the sun every morning, even when its cloudy on our first pack walk, the pack and I  say good morning to the tree’s, sheep, horses and birds, We absorb the outdoors so we can feel part of Nature and listen to the skylarks, while they entertain us on the moors. 

Do take time to talk to the crows.  Ravens told Odin everything that was going on in the world.  Crows just mostly tell me how much they like cheetos and greasy french fries. Occasionally one will flap by and ask if I have time to talk about the Allfather today, but usually they will settle for a fry and maybe a remnant of Big Mac.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I drink alcohol

More than I should, but hey, it makes me happy!   And that is surely what life is all about?   And as I know, Yahweh is a complete drunk these days, though I do sort of blame Thor for leading him astray a little,   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

I am Advaita (non-dual; God/Brahman and creation are not two). 

I attempt to live 24/7 under the wisdom that I am pure blissful eternal consciousness whose joy and bliss is not subject to events of the material plane. Just live compassionately and accept what is beyond my control.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Do take time to talk to the crows.  Ravens told Odin everything that was going on in the world.  Crows just mostly tell me how much they like cheetos and greasy french fries. Occasionally one will flap by and ask if I have time to talk about the Allfather today, but usually they will settle for a fry and maybe a remnant of Big Mac.  

The crows are my friend, I have 2 that come and greet us in the morning, they keep their distance.. we have a kestrel that watches us most days. The inland seagulls are starting upset the balance here but the crows and Jays seem to be policing the skies. I learn something new everyday and that excites me. I hope the Great Spirit, keeps educating me in the direction I want to travel.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Essan said:

I drink alcohol

More than I should, but hey, it makes me happy!   And that is surely what life is all about?   And as I know, Yahweh is a complete drunk these days, though I do sort of blame Thor for leading him astray a little,   

Hell yes... you and I need to meet up.. pitch the tents, light a fire, drink and just chat... 

• Like 4

I get my dose of spirituality when I hit the woods. I close my eyes, take deep breaths, feeling, and scenting the wind. Listening to the sounds of nature (with my hearing aids cranked)and letting it surround, envelop, and energize me. For a short time I become one with the creator, and nature. Its a very peaceful feeling that steals over you. I've been spending a lot of time in the woods lately. I think I may take a one week sabbatical soon to a very peaceful, beautiful place I know. I might even make it a survival week. I havent done one of those in a long time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 4/19/2020 at 8:03 PM, Cultivator of Fa said:

I have tried to turn my whole life into one long, spiritual practice.

By taking Christs two laws, "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, and Mind" and, "To love thy neighbour as thy-self", adding a big dose of Buddhistic Philosophy, I have come a long way, and things seem to be speeding-up all the time. The thing is, this is a work. I believe that God may pick someone by His Grace, but I also know that God will help those who help themselves. Karma is a Law, cause and effect is science - all one to me!

Seeing God and Creation as one and the same thing has helped me tremendously.

Demonstrating my love for God has now become easy. Loving the world, and loving oneself, in a wise way, is my whole life, and my whole practice.

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, papageorge1 said:

I am Advaita (non-dual; God/Brahman and creation are not two). 

I attempt to live 24/7 under the wisdom that I am pure blissful eternal consciousness whose joy and bliss is not subject to events of the material plane. Just live compassionately and accept what is beyond my control.

This is a beautiful answer PG.

Whatever happens "out-there" doesn't need to affect us negatively. 

The magical, alchemical aspect to all this is, that when you set-right, your inner compass, then the world around you just naturally aligns with your intentions, and when it doesn't, we can just smile, and our feet are planted firmly on the ground once more..

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:03 PM, Cultivator of Fa said:

I’d like to say that I’m a spiritual person who practices meditation, contemplation, balance through mindfulness, physical exercise and proper diet....among other things.  But right now I don’t do any of that so I can’t speak to it.

I think we are all on our own journey, and we are gonna walk it how we are going to walk it, yet, I also agree with the notion that we are all somehow connected.  

I mean, you think about it.....how could we not all be connected?  Everything is connected.  I don’t necessarily accept that we are one great organism......but we certainly could be.

So yeah.....I’m dealing with corona lockdown right now......and just trying to get by.  Don’t really give a sheet about spiritual things right now.  FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, Cultivator of Fa said:

I am focused on getting through the day during my days....

My communication with the father, son and holy ghost is all day, all night, every day 24/7. There are small gaps between when tending to things but the guidance is there in these times as well.

My faith keeps me going through the ups and downs and the father, son & holy ghost are my rock, alone I am nothing, weak, powerless and shameful.

So I would have to say that my practice involves the communication, the pouring out as well as receiving, making a conscious effort to being open to see the clues and spritual signs that are visible, my devotional journal writing that is not a journal but more like letters to God when talking or thinking doesn't seem to be enough, my devotion to giving and helping others and animals when situations present themselves if and when it seems to be devine intervention.

A conscious effort to silence the mind and center within, meditation of stepping away from the hustle and noise and rush and the demands of our environment and other people.

Resting, in the knowing, that the father, the son and the holy spirit are above all,  even during the hard times and knowing it's his will, and that he has plans that are much better than my own.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Cultivator of Fa said:

I wouldn't think so, your path is your path regardless of what is happening around you same with any devastation that is evolving.

On 4/25/2020 at 1:46 AM, Crazy Horse said:

I have tried to turn my whole life into one long, spiritual practice.

By taking Christs two laws, "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, and Mind" and, "To love thy neighbour as thy-self", adding a big dose of Buddhistic Philosophy, I have come a long way, and things seem to be speeding-up all the time. The thing is, this is a work. I believe that God may pick someone by His Grace, but I also know that God will help those who help themselves. Karma is a Law, cause and effect is science - all one to me!

Seeing God and Creation as one and the same thing has helped me tremendously.

Demonstrating my love for God has now become easy. Loving the world, and loving oneself, in a wise way, is my whole life, and my whole practice.

I think now days its ok to question thy neighbor, yes, love them, help when you can, be friendly and nice but the rental next door to us has had a few  too many in there that couldn't be trusted... so I like to keep my distance now...

On 4/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, Cultivator of Fa said:

Well, that my unique belief elements work to keep me in check. ;)  I also like to make sure I keep up in the behavior of what I do in my belief. (I know, vague, sorry) 

I also like to make sure I know the difference in what is happening through reality and what could be, within my belief. I try to make a balance of that continuously. 

And that, I behave in accordingly within that. 

If that makes sense. 

• Like 2

Practice is hard and for moments it seems like you stop being aware of yourself for a few seconds but I'm moving forward.
If only the brain could stand it, because at these moments just thinking is paralyzed most strongly.

I follow an Earth based path, so I try to focus on efforts live in a more sustainable life. 

• Like 1

Presence.  Raw.  Simple.  Unfettered.

Connection.

Authenticity in word and actions, arising from heart based Awareness.

Release.

Calm Heart.

Quiet Heart.

Sincere Heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1