Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why did you become so sceptical to religion?

Cultivator of Fa

I dont say it is wrong to be sceprical, but i wonder what was the reason you become so sceptical to religious/spiritual teaching?

Have you read the different scriptures from all the religions/spiritual paths you have become so sceptical toward? If you have read them, did you spend much time to study why it say what it says? have you used much time to think of how the texts can be used to benefit someones life?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

False promises, lack of claimed results, putting god/s/ess to the test and getting no results. Evangelical liars who preach a good game, but are hypocrites. Realizing that all religions are a purely human construct and god/s/ess's are just an idea.

It's all made up, fabricated lies meant to control people and lock them into a cult of ego.

Because religion does one thing well, it inflates the ego desire of self importance.

Along with cultish brutes who would rather break a person because they are "born sinners". 

Some of the Abrahamic religions do seem to want power over the people, but isn`t religious practice a personal journey? you speak of lack of claimed results, but to gain the result it is we as practitioners who must change to fit the teaching, not the other way arouund. a big problem of today is that many of the religioues texts have been changed in parts because "people disagreed with the teaching" Honestly it is not strange people struggle to understand religioues practice then.

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Many of us have many personal reasons, however, only one matters. We have better answers. 

I honestly only think you could ask that if you have not done the same with books of science and history. As far as I can see, there's nothing at all to support the existence of a God. There is however overwhelming evidence supporting a natural universe.

Have you considered the cannonballs and sword blades that carried the Lord's name for more gain?

Yes, and they do. I think there's a bigger picture that is disadvantaged by this band aid remedy.

Science does not interest me at all, those things only explain the physical realm of human beings, Science can not explain anything within spiritual realm since it can not be measured with their equitments. Science in my view can only explain 1% of everything that is existance. But its ok if people disagree with me, i only speak for my own understanding.

9 minutes ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

Some of the Abrahamic religions do seem to want power over the people, but isn`t religious practice a personal journey? you speak of lack of claimed results, but to gain the result it is we as practitioners who must change to fit the teaching, not the other way arouund. a big problem of today is that many of the religioues texts have been changed in parts because "people disagreed with the teaching" Honestly it is not strange people struggle to understand religioues practice then.

They've always been lies. The only results obtained by cultivation is confirmation bias which in the case of religion is a false positive. 

• Like 7

Just now, psyche101 said:

Please, regale me with your understanding.

How can a spiritual realm be beyond science if it interacts with the material realm? That's impossible isn't it? 

What reason is there to consider that science can only explain 1% of everything? How would you demonstrate that? 

You do understand that science is largely based upon observation don't you? If you are not interested in it, how do you feel qualified to openly dismiss it? What makes your opinion worthy of this announcement that you have made?

I have not said other have to belive or think the way i do, my words here is only how i see things. 

I have no need to prove to others that spiritual realms are real because even i could prove it disbelievers would not see it as proof anyway. I have been in many discussions with none belivers and no matter how much I use the scriptures from different religions or different cultivation paths there isnt any words that can give the proves none belivers can accept :)

The answer i can give is that to truly understand the spiritual realm we as human beings must cultivate a spiritual teaching. because it is the wisdom from within that is the truth.

How do you explain a realm that is not physical to someone who only see physical realm as truth? can not do that :)

Spirituality is based on faith, understanding of the teaching, inner wisdom that arise, personal experiences that is only experienced on a personal level. Spiritual cultivation is a personal journey, so even if i did prove to you something i seen in spiritual realm, you could not see it because you have not cultivated the teaching i do. 

Maybe this does not make any sense to a none beliver?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

They've always been lies. The only results obtained by cultivation is confirmation bias which in the case of religion is a false positive. 

Have you tried to cultivate the teaching so you know? or did you not experience anything so you explain it with "it does not exist"?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

Have you tried to cultivate the teaching so you know? or did you not experience anything so you explain it with "it does not exist"?

I spent over 20 years in practicing magick. Yeah, I tried a lot. Probably more than you. Guess my reasoning brain was too strong and I wasn't up for self deception. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why bother asking us why we're skeptical of religion when the only apparent purpose is to chastise us? 

That is not the purpose of this thread. the purpose is to actually get real answer from people who either stopped believeing or someone who do reject the teachings even they have not read it. the reason i ask is because normally I am the one who have to "defend" my understanding of my own cultivation because others dont see it as true. Athesist are often very good in complaining about believers or their religion/cultivation path, but seldom give a good explenation to why Religion is wrong in their eyes.

I will probably not be long in this forum anyway, so i found that i could ask this questionn before i leave.

59 minutes ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

That is not the purpose of this thread. the purpose is to actually get real answer from people who either stopped believeing or someone who do reject the teachings even they have not read it. the reason i ask is because normally I am the one who have to "defend" my understanding of my own cultivation because others dont see it as true. Athesist are often very good in complaining about believers or their religion/cultivation path, but seldom give a good explenation to why Religion is wrong in their eyes.

I will probably not be long in this forum anyway, so i found that i could ask this questionn before i leave.

My in-depth answer. Getting the crap beat out of me by a religious zealot when I was in kindergarten. Who told me constantly that I was going to hell and Jesus died because I was born an evil sinner. Spare the rod, spoil the child. So yes I hate all religions, all of them. You happy now? Good. No need to quote me further. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4
  • Sad 4

Have you guys even thought about that those things you mention as negativity about religion is actually humans who added on a later time? the people you speak of is leaders from example Rome who added many things to the Abrahamic religions to gain upper hand on people, and not a part of the original teachings.

If we look at religions in general all they do teach is about how to become better.

10 commandments in the bible

8 fold path and 4 noble truths in Buddhism to mention some. if we look at them they are more or less saying the same thing. How to become better moral people.

The biggest problem i see in the world today is people lack morality and have a huge ego. Religion is truly about how to remove bad moral and how to end the ego.

1 hour ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

I have not said other have to belive or think the way i do, my words here is only how i see things. 

I have no need to prove to others that spiritual realms are real because even i could prove it disbelievers would not see it as proof anyway. I have been in many discussions with none belivers and no matter how much I use the scriptures from different religions or different cultivation paths there isnt any words that can give the proves none belivers can accept :)

The answer i can give is that to truly understand the spiritual realm we as human beings must cultivate a spiritual teaching. because it is the wisdom from within that is the truth.

How do you explain a realm that is not physical to someone who only see physical realm as truth? can not do that :)

Spirituality is based on faith, understanding of the teaching, inner wisdom that arise, personal experiences that is only experienced on a personal level. Spiritual cultivation is a personal journey, so even if i did prove to you something i seen in spiritual realm, you could not see it because you have not cultivated the teaching i do. 

Maybe this does not make any sense to a none beliver?

Why do you feel a need to ask why others reject the god idea then? How does that work with what you are telling me now? 

Are you not answering your own question? As you choose not to accept the sciences, why would your words be of use to anyone but yourself?

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

Have you guys even thought about that those things you mention as negativity about religion is actually humans who added on a later time? the people you speak of is leaders from example Rome who added many things to the Abrahamic religions to gain upper hand on people, and not a part of the original teachings.

If we look at religions in general all they do teach is about how to become better.

8 fold path and 4 noble truths in Buddhism to mention some. if we look at them they are more or less saying the same thing. How to become better moral people.

The biggest problem i see in the world today is people lack morality and have a huge ego. Religion is truly about how to remove bad moral and how to end the ego.

Why do you need religion for that?

• Like 8

I don't think the poster knows what he is trying to convey.

I don't think I care. 

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't think I care. 

I don't think he does either to be honest.

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There is always someone who eager to sale their brand of mind poison.

Are they completely aware of their actions though?

• Like 6

I don't think he does either to be honest.

Are they completely aware of their actions though?

I agree, I don't think they care if they're preaching. Not sure if it's intentional though. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cultivator of Fa said:

Have you guys even thought about that those things you mention as negativity about religion is actually humans who added on a later time?

How are you deciding if humans added it or not?

the people you speak of is leaders from example Rome who added many things to the Abrahamic religions to gain upper hand on people, and not a part of the original teachings.

All that stuff in the Old Testament about slavery and killing apostates were added by the Romans?  How did they achieve that?

What are the first 3, and how do they make you a better person?

When has religion done any of that?  Religion has it's own brand of hypocritical self-righteous morality.

I doubt many people have a true lack of morality.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 7

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked