Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Cultivator of Fa

Why did you become so sceptical to religion?

754 posts in this topic

Sherapy
7 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I was replying to a question, and giving some advice.

Something you do all the time :) 

Are you suggesting he should take the bible literally,  and apply its social and legal framework to his own life? I doubt it  :)   

My suggestion was to listen to the spirit of the words, not  their literal meaning   

It would be a great idea on your part if you put “in your opinion” on your posts. Make it clear that your “advice” is nothing more that your two cents giving posters the choice to take it or leave it or believe it or not. 

Just my two cents, all the best. 

• Like 2

Sakari

2 days ago I had a Mormon "friend request" me on FB. I use FB for studying, and sharing of my life to friends, and family. Closest family are 1200 miles, and all of us are spread apart. I do not have any political, Corona, or religion on my FB. I do not have friends that do either. So, it was odd. I accepted, and he messaged me.

I am going to copy/paste my reply, because I think that is the best way I can explain my answer to this. Considering it was a straight to the point, and a honest answer to this gentleman.

Before I do. I used to be "that guy" on occasion. That guy that would debate with a person of faith, and try to convince them why they should not believe it. I regret that in a way. It was wrong of me too do. So, here it is.

" Hi Jason. I have a deep respect for anyone that has some type of faith, or spirituality. Especially if they can truly tell themselves they "believe" it 100%. I do not care what anyone follows. We have our own lives, and we all deserve to be happy. With this being said. Scroll threw my time line a bit. You will notice no Politics, no Corona, and no religion. I love positivity. You will also maybe catch my Tattoos. And a few more hints. Best way for me to say how I live, is to say I live a Pagan / Heathen life style. I have studied a lot of religions, and none of them are for me. I was baptized Lutheran, my Mom and Dad are born again Christians. My wife was baptized Mormon. (does not follow it) I love Nature, and I am 100% against any orginized religion. Well, I should not say against. I just do not hold a lot of respect for anything that is "fear" based, and tries to get people to come to it for fear of Hell, or having a bad next life. I thank you for reaching out, and I know that is something you are "suggested" to do. I do hope you do have a 100% belief in your faith, and are happy. I am very happy with where I am in my life, and have had more than enough people preach to me in my lifetime. So, I am going to decline your offer to learn about your god. The Gods I read about were basically taken in a way, and all of the Holidays were also. All Pagan. Christianity had a hard time forcing everyone to convert, and started putting Pagan things into the Christian way of life, to get more acceptance. Kind of interesting to read the history on it. You also ask if I know of anyone who "needs" "him" a little more? Everyone I know has their own faith. Whether it be Christian, Catholic, Jehova Witness, or Mormon. Yes, I have friends in all of those. And Wiccan, Pagan, etc. Those are not religions though. They are a way of life. I wish you well in your journeys, and hope you have a good, honorable, and healthy life. Take care. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sherapy
21 minutes ago, Sakari said:

2 days ago I had a Mormon "friend request" me on FB. I use FB for studying, and sharing of my life to friends, and family. Closest family are 1200 miles, and all of us are spread apart. I do not have any political, Corona, or religion on my FB. I do not have friends that do either. So, it was odd. I accepted, and he messaged me.

I am going to copy/paste my reply, because I think that is the best way I can explain my answer to this. Considering it was a straight to the point, and a honest answer to this gentleman.

Before I do. I used to be "that guy" on occasion. That guy that would debate with a person of faith, and try to convince them why they should not believe it. I regret that in a way. It was wrong of me too do. So, here it is.

" Hi Jason. I have a deep respect for anyone that has some type of faith, or spirituality. Especially if they can truly tell themselves they "believe" it 100%. I do not care what anyone follows. We have our own lives, and we all deserve to be happy. With this being said. Scroll threw my time line a bit. You will notice no Politics, no Corona, and no religion. I love positivity. You will also maybe catch my Tattoos. And a few more hints. Best way for me to say how I live, is to say I live a Pagan / Heathen life style. I have studied a lot of religions, and none of them are for me. I was baptized Lutheran, my Mom and Dad are born again Christians. My wife was baptized Mormon. (does not follow it) I love Nature, and I am 100% against any orginized religion. Well, I should not say against. I just do not hold a lot of respect for anything that is "fear" based, and tries to get people to come to it for fear of Hell, or having a bad next life. I thank you for reaching out, and I know that is something you are "suggested" to do. I do hope you do have a 100% belief in your faith, and are happy. I am very happy with where I am in my life, and have had more than enough people preach to me in my lifetime. So, I am going to decline your offer to learn about your god. The Gods I read about were basically taken in a way, and all of the Holidays were also. All Pagan. Christianity had a hard time forcing everyone to convert, and started putting Pagan things into the Christian way of life, to get more acceptance. Kind of interesting to read the history on it. You also ask if I know of anyone who "needs" "him" a little more? Everyone I know has their own faith. Whether it be Christian, Catholic, Jehova Witness, or Mormon. Yes, I have friends in all of those. And Wiccan, Pagan, etc. Those are not religions though. They are a way of life. I wish you well in your journeys, and hope you have a good, honorable, and healthy life. Take care. "

:clap::nw:

Saru

Folks, don't bump up a thread that's been inactive for weeks just to rekindle an old argument.

Thread closed.