Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Explanation for ESP

XenoFish

Just now, XenoFish said:

You're thinking of sociopath. They feel little to nothing. 

No sociopath is someone who thinks the rules do not apply to them, but it they do have feelings.  Psychopaths do not have empathy and do not care about harming anyone for any reason.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No sociopath is someone who thinks the rules do not apply to them, but it they do have feelings.  Psychopaths do not have empathy and do not care about harming anyone for any reason.

I stand corrected.

67cc901f3dbfe158ed84035ef3b7ebc8.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I've been accused of being a psychopath by a member here on a few occasions.<_<

Well, a lot of people don't know what that word really means.  There is a BBC show called Sherlock and the joke is someone often calls him a psychopath and his response is "I am a sociopath, get a dictionary".  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On April 21, 2020 at 7:42 PM, Desertrat56 said:

My daughter has that ability.  I don't.  When she was a kid we would go to a new city and I would have to ask her "Which way is North."  She was never wrong and i used her as my navigator. 

My dad had it.  I don't   too .  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 3:12 PM, XenoFish said:

First thing I want to make clear, this is just an idea. This isn't me saying "Yes psychic abilities are real." This is me expressing an idea of how esp might work. Do not take this a fact or the truth. I would like to discuss this in a causal manner. 

With that out of the way let us get to the mean and potatoes of this thread shall we.

We know that due to the electrical activity within our bodies that we generate a subtle electromagnetic field. We also know that people may very well be able to detect the earth's magnetic field. Now just for a moment, what if we can transfer information between one another at short distances, maybe through touch. Not "You can hear my thoughts" type of stuff but an intention laden feeling. A kind of knowing that affects another person on a subconscious level. Distance would be an issue as the further the distance the more the information would degrade. Also in the case of "energy healing" the touch would be the shortest connection. The information sent form Person A to Person B to heal. Wouldn't actually "heal" them, it may perhaps send a signal to their CNS with instructions to heal the affected area. If this were true you'd still have to an issue with the placebo effect. Then again the placebo effect might allow for the receptivity of the information sent.

Again this is just an idea. Something to think on. 

I am a big believer in the electrical charge we generate having an influence on perception/reception. This is also an extension of what I believe to be the most common form of ESP and that is heightened senses. We only use a fraction of the ability our senses have and as we dumb down, we use less and less each day. By working to enhance your senses, you will amaze yourself at what transpires. building up your senses can make you seem psychic to many. That's how powerful our senses are. Can you sit in a room of your house and know who's entering just by the sound of their footsteps or better yet, what the door sounds like when it opens? How about your periphery? Can you ID things on the very edge of your peripheral vision? Most can't even tell you what's just to the left or right of them, let alone on the very outside of their visual limits. Can you filter sounds and single a sound out from a sea of noise? Yes, advancing your senses to me, is just like ESP in many ways. Then add in perception based on that electromagnetic field and you are at a level few have attained....if you can determine and translate an intrusion or flex of that field into real data. Someone is sneaking up behind you. They are 20 ft away, but you feel a breach in your field and know they are there. Of course, your heightened senses alone will tell you that. One thing everyone should do at the very least is be observant. Don't just notice what's in front of you, but look beyond your focus. You don't have to concentrate on the object off in the distance as you focus on the person in front of you to download the data into your brain. Anyway, I believe we can all do amazing things merely by exercising our senses....the electromagnetics should come naturally as those senses develop.

The human spirit is larger than the universe and it can unite with all living beings and things in the universe because it penetrates and possesses all being.Spiritual people can instantly go beyond the universe and scientists can only guess what is there and how. And all the wisdom and knowledge of these people can be found on earth but even this transcendental wisdom is not needed by scientists, they come up with their theories how the universe came about, man, how our solar system was created and all that.
That's when they with their minds can see how really everything was created initially then there will be sense.

In the meantime, scientists have given us the technical tools that are convenient to use.

Edited by Coil
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 12:37 AM, Desertrat56 said:

The terms "psychopath" and "sociopath" are generic terms, not clinical diagnoses. The correct term is Anti Social Personality Disorder. When this involves enough disorders or reaches the stage where it could be labelled "psychopathy" or "sociopathy" would only be an opinion that varies significantly and there seems no widespread agreement. The terms are quite often used interchangeably. In general parlance they have morphed into a generic insult term people use to denigrate or insult those they don't understand or get on with lol.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 6:12 AM, XenoFish said:

Distance would be an issue as the further the distance the more the information would degrade. Also in the case of "energy healing" the touch would be the shortest connection.

This is where your theory is flawed,distance means nothing when a lot of people experience connections with loved ones a very long way away.Most animals have what we call ESP as I have witnessed myself.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:26 AM, Piney said:

rt.

I actually considered the "ESP" between my son. my grandson and myself just processing thoughts the same way. 

I think that is genetic brain wiring, I think ESP is more a psychic connection to people in your life,whether related or not.These are the people I call family.There can also be similar connections with pets close to us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

This is where your theory is flawed,distance means nothing when a lot of people experience connections with loved ones a very long way away.Most animals have what we call ESP as I have witnessed myself.

I think that is genetic brain wiring, I think ESP is more a psychic connection to people in your life,whether related or not.These are the people I call family.There can also be similar connections with pets close to us.

Just because you "witness" it doesn't make it true. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Just because you "witness" it doesn't make it true. 

Have you witnessed anything of this nature to open your theory on it,If so can you elaborate?if not, it really is a blind stab in the dark on this.

• Like 1

Just now, openozy said:

Have you witnessed anything of this nature to open your theory on it,If so can you elaborate?if not, it really is a blind stab in the dark on this.

I've been able to explain 90+% of my "paranormal/supernatural" experiences. 

• Like 2

When you look for real answers and explanations, they don't mesh well with what you wish to be true. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

I've been able to explain 90+% of my "paranormal/supernatural" experiences. 

My own, probably a similar %,this is unexplainable stuff at this time and yours is a decent theory except the distance thing which shoots it down.

Just now, openozy said:

My own, probably a similar %,this is unexplainable stuff at this time and yours is a decent theory except the distance thing which shoots it down.

I don't recall asking your opinion. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

I'm commenting on an open post,on an open forum.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You have to rule out things that don't gel.

1 minute ago, openozy said:

I'm commenting on an open post,on an open forum.

And? You want to explain your opinion on why distance isn't an issue or would you like to handwave it away? 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

And? You want to explain your opinion on why distance isn't an issue or would you like to handwave it away? 

This is one that is evidence to me,and only me on here, but I had a dog that could sense when my wife at the time was having seizures and would howl constantly whether my wife was in the house and at varying distances,one time at over 200 km's away.

Just now, openozy said:

This is one that is evidence to me,and only me on here, but I had a dog that could sense when my wife at the time was having seizures and would howl constantly whether my wife was in the house and at varying distances,one time at over 200 km's away.

And? That's not proof of anything paranormal.

Just now, XenoFish said:

And? That's not proof of anything paranormal.

I thought we were talking ESP.

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

I thought we were talking ESP.

Blanket term and it's still not evidence for it. 

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I've been able to explain 90+% of my "paranormal/supernatural" experiences

The other 10% is unexplainable,I don't have the answers and neither do you.