Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Xeno-Fish

Possible Explanation for ESP

67 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

openozy
13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And? That's not proof of anything paranormal.

I think that's why they call it paranormal,I'm not saying it will never be explained scientifically,but for now it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Xeno-Fish
21 minutes ago, openozy said:

The other 10% is unexplainable,I don't have the answers and neither do you.

Not yet, but I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy

I really hope you do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bendy Demon
On 4/23/2020 at 9:36 AM, XenoFish said:

You're thinking of sociopath. They feel little to nothing. 

I was under the impression that a sociopath also uses emotions to manipulate others in order to get what they want.

P.S: Hey Xeno..I miss your unique avatars. You need one...a really good one..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

I just got back to this thread.  Had to re-read it as I don't remember it.    It is an interesting topic.

Edited by Desertrat56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

Today, this thread reminds me of something that happened in the 90's when I had a really awful job.  I actually loved the work but the people were awful.  I had a boss that was completely insane, non-functional and lied about a lot of stuff.   One day we were standing in the hall waiting for a meeting and I noticed that she was pregnant.  She had not told anyone and she was really concerned that someone would find out and she would be laid off.  It was an irrational fear but a secret that she could not keep out of her mind.  Later when she was in the personnel director's office and the door was opened, I passed by, stopped and told her she needed to start taking better vitamins.  She freaked out and thought that the one person she had told had let me know.  I knew that person but we had not talked about anything concerning work.  I told her "No, I saw it this morning.  You need to take better care of yourself."

There was not physical way I knew she was pregnant, she was only 6 weeks along, but I knew, and it was some weird thing that got my attention while we were standing there talking.  I think that some people who have secrets don't understand that they emit those secrets so that it is easy to learn them the way I did.  If you have a secret the best way to keep it is to never think about it.

You can interpret it any way you want, but I do think our thoughts are tied in to our energy field and we have the ability to tap in to that in others or it spills out into our fields and for some it is hard to ignore, even though we have been programmed from the start (usually) to ignore that kind of information.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abramelin
On 4/21/2020 at 10:12 PM, XenoFish said:

First thing I want to make clear, this is just an idea. This isn't me saying "Yes psychic abilities are real." This is me expressing an idea of how esp might work. Do not take this a fact or the truth. I would like to discuss this in a causal manner. 

With that out of the way let us get to the mean and potatoes of this thread shall we.

We know that due to the electrical activity within our bodies that we generate a subtle electromagnetic field. We also know that people may very well be able to detect the earth's magnetic field. Now just for a moment, what if we can transfer information between one another at short distances, maybe through touch. Not "You can hear my thoughts" type of stuff but an intention laden feeling. A kind of knowing that affects another person on a subconscious level. Distance would be an issue as the further the distance the more the information would degrade. Also in the case of "energy healing" the touch would be the shortest connection. The information sent form Person A to Person B to heal. Wouldn't actually "heal" them, it may perhaps send a signal to their CNS with instructions to heal the affected area. If this were true you'd still have to an issue with the placebo effect. Then again the placebo effect might allow for the receptivity of the information sent.

Again this is just an idea. Something to think on. 

I had to think of Harold Saxton Burr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Abramelin
1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

I had to think of Harold Saxton Burr

I'd like to add, that when I was 30, 40 years younger, I actually performed experiments using volt meters, a GSR apparatus (galvanic skin respons, aka lie detector), and a Kirlian machine (cold emission of electrons, captured on photographic emulsion).

The most interesting results I got when I connected the GSR to plants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
On 4/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, XenoFish said:

First thing I want to make clear, this is just an idea. This isn't me saying "Yes psychic abilities are real." This is me expressing an idea of how esp might work. Do not take this a fact or the truth. I would like to discuss this in a causal manner. 

With that out of the way let us get to the mean and potatoes of this thread shall we.

We know that due to the electrical activity within our bodies that we generate a subtle electromagnetic field. We also know that people may very well be able to detect the earth's magnetic field. Now just for a moment, what if we can transfer information between one another at short distances, maybe through touch. Not "You can hear my thoughts" type of stuff but an intention laden feeling. A kind of knowing that affects another person on a subconscious level. Distance would be an issue as the further the distance the more the information would degrade. Also in the case of "energy healing" the touch would be the shortest connection. The information sent form Person A to Person B to heal. Wouldn't actually "heal" them, it may perhaps send a signal to their CNS with instructions to heal the affected area. If this were true you'd still have to an issue with the placebo effect. Then again the placebo effect might allow for the receptivity of the information sent.

Again this is just an idea. Something to think on. 

Maybe some stuff can be on this subtle electomagnetic field but a lot of information is said in other subtle ways.

A lot of stuf is said with body expressions. Little crisp on the visage, movements of the shoulder, eyes, hands... it's a lot in the subconscious level and not only human can see it. Dogs are really good at it too.

Some research put pheromones in the same category but hardly founded for human.

.

Edited by Jon the frog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Crane Feather

In string theory there are extra spacial dimentions beyond the 3 that we know. We can directly experience a 4th dimension via gravity. Space-time is warped by mass and it warps around a 4th dimension. We experience  the warp as gravity. 
 

The other dimentions are tiny. They never expanded. They are what gives spin to subatomic particles. What are the consequence of all known matter existing in a dimension that basically is super tiny? It’s odd to think about, but we are all squished together in these dimensions. There are spacial  dimensions like length width and height and we occupy them. Now there are not a bunch of them all around there are only six. Essentially everywhere in the universe is right next to every other place via these other spacial dimentions. It could be possible to exchange information within those spaces without having to have it go through the space we are aware of. If this could be done, we could experience each other’s thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
59 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

In string theory there are extra spacial dimentions beyond the 3 that we know. We can directly experience a 4th dimension via gravity. Space-time is warped by mass and it warps around a 4th dimension. We experience  the warp as gravity. 
 

The other dimentions are tiny. They never expanded. They are what gives spin to subatomic particles. What are the consequence of all known matter existing in a dimension that basically is super tiny? It’s odd to think about, but we are all squished together in these dimensions. There are spacial  dimensions like length width and height and we occupy them. Now there are not a bunch of them all around there are only six. Essentially everywhere in the universe is right next to every other place via these other spacial dimentions. It could be possible to exchange information within those spaces without having to have it go through the space we are aware of. If this could be done, we could experience each other’s thoughts. 

I am having as much trouble understanding this as I am with the anti-christ stories in another thread.    Where did you get this model?   Maybe my problem is I have never read anything about string theory and I am distracted by the multiple ways you have spelled dimension (my problem, not yours).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Crane Feather
10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am having as much trouble understanding this as I am with the anti-christ stories in another thread.    Where did you get this model?   Maybe my problem is I have never read anything about string theory and I am distracted by the multiple ways you have spelled dimension (my problem, not yours).

I’m always making stupid typos on my phone. Hahha 

sorry. Yes (though not proven) compacted space-time dimensions are a large part of the latest string theories. 
 

https://physics.aps.org/story/v1/st7

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Xeno-Fish

One thing that I've been thinking about in regards to certain "psychic" abilities is reality-tunnels. Meaning if someone were to believe that they can sense things or glen hidden information, then possible that belief allows them to filter sensory information in a certain way. Not saying they would be legit psychics, but through their beliefs and belief --influenced perception the information they take in would be process differently. Still there is the issue of false-positives and simple confirmation bias.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
20 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

I’m always making stupid typos on my phone. Hahha 

sorry. Yes (though not proven) compacted space-time dimensions are a large part of the latest string theories. 
 

https://physics.aps.org/story/v1/st7

Well, that was actually no better an explanation than the new agers have for their ideas of "dimensions".   When I retire and have time I will look in to this more thoroughly, if I remember.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

One thing that I've been thinking about in regards to certain "psychic" abilities is reality-tunnels. Meaning if someone were to believe that they can sense things or glen hidden information, then possible that belief allows them to filter sensory information in a certain way. Not saying they would be legit psychics, but through their beliefs and belief --influenced perception the information they take in would be process differently. Still there is the issue of false-positives and simple confirmation bias.

I think that is an interesting idea, and goes close to my thoughts on this as most of us understand we are bombarded with more information than we can take in so we have to choose what to pay attention to, and the things that ensure our survival are usually first in that list (though today we have people walking into traffic because they are looking at their phones).  I don't think there is any such thing as "Psychic", I think those that actually do get information that most don't understand but find to be accurate are just paying attention to different or more information than the rest.   We do have electrical fields in our bodies and we have measurable energy from our brains.  If machines can pick those energies up, possibly some people can as well.  (EEG, EKG, etc)

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think that is an interesting idea, and goes close to my thoughts on this as most of us understand we are bombarded with more information than we can take in so we have to choose what to pay attention to, and the things that ensure our survival are usually first in that list (though today we have people walking into traffic because they are looking at their phones).  I don't think there is any such thing as "Psychic", I think those that actually do get information that most don't understand but find to be accurate are just paying attention to different or more information than the rest.   We do have electrical fields in our bodies and we have measurable energy from our brains.  If machines can pick those energies up, possibly some people can as well.  (EEG, EKG, etc)

You make a good point. I think this would mostly apply to intuition really. Certain "psychic abilities" are mental illnesses. While we all have intuition on some level. If we go with a hunch and see how it pans out, we might develop shaper and clearer intuition. In regards to the electrical activity aspect, it's more food for thought to me. Nothing I take serious, mostly a may-be/may-be not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Crane Feather
7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Well, that was actually no better an explanation than the new agers have for their ideas of "dimensions".   When I retire and have time I will look in to this more thoroughly, if I remember.

Yeah well you know... there is a lot of math in those theories, but they do explain reality pretty well, better than most things actually. Visualizing things like hyper cones and cubes and all that is next to impossible for most people. Even then, string theory is trying so dam hard to explain Every thing, the Way minds in the works behind it and the economics of the situation make that alone makes it suspect. But there are consequences to things if they turn out to be true. Who knows. I’ll do my part and die like the rest of them. Dead ends or not. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.