Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Athanasius Kircher and Plato's Atlantis

Polar

Hello,

Hope everybody is well enough!

I wanted to show here and discuss yet another correlation between Plato (and Kircher) and the geoid information. I recently discovered new ways of exploring the various parameters now accessible on geoid viewers, you can try it yourselves online:

GReD is a Politecnico di Milano spin-off SME that studies, designs and develops innovative and highly customized solutions based on geomatic technologies

Geomatics Research & Development srl

Excellence in GNSS monitoring and gravity data processing

https://www.g-red.eu/geoid/geoidViewer.html

nK6ijNObO1i7ekwP3kO4FSgNlhz41dQoqo7fsNQN

Comparison between the geoid and Kircher's Atlantis. 

FFYoHNsByA1VBYzcP_SuE9ifkzwVv-g112kl93-h

Edited by Polar
credit
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Polar said:

Hello,

Hope everybody is well enough!

I wanted to show here and discuss yet another correlation between Plato (and Kircher) and the geoid information. I recently discovered new ways of exploring the various parameters now accessible on geoid viewers, you can try it yourselves online:

GReD is a Politecnico di Milano spin-off SME that studies, designs and develops innovative and highly customized solutions based on geomatic technologies

Geomatics Research & Development srl

Excellence in GNSS monitoring and gravity data processing

https://www.g-red.eu/geoid/geoidViewer.html

nK6ijNObO1i7ekwP3kO4FSgNlhz41dQoqo7fsNQN

Comparison between the geoid and Kircher's Atlantis. 

FFYoHNsByA1VBYzcP_SuE9ifkzwVv-g112kl93-h

You've just shown three different views of the world.  The top one is in the vicinity of China (Asia), the second one is the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and the third one is the Atlantic Ocean.

I don't know what you think you've found, but I don't think it's what you think it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

You've just shown three different views of the world.  The top one is in the vicinity of China (Asia), the second one is the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and the third one is the Atlantic Ocean.

I don't know what you think you've found, but I don't think it's what you think it is.

...you are over thinking this Kenemet - Mario doesn't really think out any of this stuff. It's more like a natural reaction, a kin to a mold infestation, to vaguely colored images of ocean floors which then compels him to post them to the puzzlement of all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

@Polar   Can you give us a short layman's synopsis of what you are trying to suggest? I am interested in the subject of Atlantis.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

. Mario doesn't really think out any of this stuff. It's more like a natural reaction, a kin to a mold infestation, to vaguely colored images of ocean floors which then compels him to post them to the puzzlement of all........

......in hopes that someone will believe him that Greenland divorced Spain, singlefooted it's way across the Atlantic over the MAR and gently settled next to NA in a effort to wed the Laurentian Shield

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

@Polar   Can you give us a short layman's synopsis of what you are trying to suggest? I am interested in the subject of Atlantis.

I can do that ;)   In short, Polar things Atlantis was Greenland which upped sticks and moved to it's current position 10,000 years ago.  Basically going against all known science (and, indeed, Plato's story, which clearly states his fictional island sank)

If he said it turned into a giant butterfly, he'd find a lot more support for his fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

I can do that ;)   In short, Polar things Atlantis was Greenland which upped sticks and moved to it's current position 10,000 years ago.  Basically going against all known science (and, indeed, Plato's story, which clearly states his fictional island sank)

If he said it turned into a giant butterfly, he'd find a lot more support for his fantasy.

OK, thanks. I'm sure I'm not hearing the most flattering appraisal of Polar's assertion right there but I get the gist. It's not the first I have heard of that theory.

I lean more to the Atlantic and Caribbean locations which I'm sure the skeptic faithful would also trash too. But that's another thread. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Essan said:

If it goes agains all science its right up papageorge1's alley.  :whistle:

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

OK, thanks. I'm sure I'm not hearing the most flattering appraisal of Polar's assertion right there but I get the gist. It's not the first I have heard of that theory.

I lean more to the Atlantic and Caribbean locations which I'm sure the skeptic faithful would also trash too. But that's another thread. 

So long as you don't think the Caribbean Islands were situated in the Himalaya at the time, and then flew to America after the defeat of the Atlantian army, then you are on much more solid ground :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Essan said:

So long as you don't think the Caribbean Islands were situated in the Himalaya at the time, and then flew to America after the defeat of the Atlantian army, then you are on much more solid ground :D 

How did you become so wise on the history of that particular campaign? (Operation Stomp III). Rupert is impressed that a common HSS would know that. Oh, and the Atlantean army wasn't defeated it simply conducted a retrograde operation to cause the enemy to become overconfident

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Polar" has not bothered to respond. 

"Drive by posting". 

Close the thread ? 

4 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

"Polar" has not bothered to respond. 

"Drive by posting". 

Close the thread ? 

Polar (aka Mario Dantas) will return..... he allways returns.

I predict that he will be back with something that disproves his own ideas. Thats his speciality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No. He can’t. He literally cannot post material that does not actively refute his point. 

And whenever he gets feedback pointing out that or any other error, he melts down, stomps off like a child, swearing never to return. 

But he keeps coming back, only to run away again. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Polar (aka Mario Dantas) will return..... he allways returns.

I predict that he will be back with something that disproves his own ideas. Thats his speciality.

I've been working on where the most unlikely place for Atlantis to be might be. I figure the Giza plateau or the middle of the Aral Sea (now rather dry) Given that they are probably not the location I believe our good friend will find a brightly color image to support it having been there!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I've been working on where the most unlikely place for Atlantis to be might be. I figure the Giza plateau or the middle of the Aral Sea (now rather dry) Given that they are probably not the location I believe our good friend will find a brightly color image to support it having been there!

Did you have to mention Atlantis and a dry place ? Now I'm having flashbacks to the "Atlantis in the Sahara" thread. You really do know how to vex me. <_<

• Haha 3

Anyway no one will ever find Atlantis because I hid it away years ago and I'm not telling where.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Did you have to mention Atlantis and a dry place ? Now I'm having flashbacks to the "Atlantis in the Sahara" thread. You really do know how to vex me. <_<

You see it has to be in a dry place (because reasons) if not we have to put it on Mercury.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Anyway no one will ever find Atlantis because I hid it away years ago and I'm not telling where.

Actually ...

Why isn't there any mention of Atlantis in the Atrahasis epic?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The gist is that there’s a mysterious void where Kitchener said Atlantis was. 
This void is because the entire continent of Atlantis became unstuck from its original position and floated off to become Greenland.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windowpane said:

Actually ...

Why isn't there any mention of Atlantis in the Atrahasis epic?

Trademark. If they were to mention the name of that great nation and people it would have cost six goats and a half ferret.

...for those who might have forgotten it:

https://www.livius.org/sources/content/anet/104-106-the-epic-of-atrahasis/

Edited by Hanslune
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FreeOilyChuckwalla-mobile.mp4

9 hours ago, Piney said:

......in hopes that someone will believe him that Greenland divorced Spain, singlefooted it's way across the Atlantic over the MAR and gently settled next to NA in a effort to wed the Laurentian Shield

Minced.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FreeOilyChuckwalla-mobile.mp4

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Essan said:

You're forgetting something.

The PETTICOATS, man, the PETTICOATS!!!

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Harte said:

You're forgetting something.

The PETTICOATS, man, the PETTICOATS!!!

Harte

:o

Barred shoes!! 

• Like 1