Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump authorises Navy to sink Iranian gunboat

RoofGardener

President Trump fired a shot across the Iranian's bows by instructing the US Navy to sink Iranian gunboats if they start harassing US shipping. 

https://time.com/5825339/trump-us-navy-iran/

The Iranians REALLY need to understand that they are NOT dealing with Barak Obama anymore. :) 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ah, the usual distraction. People beginning to suspect that you actually have no power at all? Arrange some skirmish with one of your trusty list of Foreign Foes.

• Like 2

'twill be interesting to see if the Soleimani episode taught them anything.  

• Thanks 1

..and it's not like Iran isn't hurting from the Covid mess either...they were pretty hard hit...possibly still being hard hit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Somebody has been intercepting the medical supplies countries are purchasing in transit. Does that have anything to do with this? 
I had heard that there is rising tension in the China seas over shipping.

• Like 4

Good. Not a follower of Trump, but I agree him in this case.

• Like 2

Because of the oil glut, there may be some incentive to trigger an incident in the Straits of Hormuz to shut down shipping out of the Gulf States.  Not sure how that would work out well for US, but it may be part of a plan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Wistman said:

Because of the oil glut, there may be some incentive to trigger an incident in the Straits of Hormuz to shut down shipping out of the Gulf States.  Not sure how that would work out well for US, but it may be part of a plan.

A distraction. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

Somebody has been intercepting the medical supplies countries are purchasing in transit. Does that have anything to do with this? 
I had heard that there is rising tension in the China seas over shipping.

It's possible, I guess, but Iranian fast boats with weapons have been making runs at our shipping in the area for the last couple of years.  There may be intelligence of a potential attack with them.  

10 minutes ago, and then said:

It's possible, I guess, but Iranian fast boats with weapons have been making runs at our shipping in the area for the last couple of years.  There may be intelligence of a potential attack with them.  

I just found it a coincidence that I had recently watched a story about China trying to increase its control over trade routes, a friend of mine who has been helping the Australian government collect medical supplies and her stories of countless supply disappearances, the Iranians not willing to openly show the severity of their outbreak and needing supplies. Well I really am only putting 1+1+1 together and coming up with 12. And lord knows I have been wrong before 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

President Trump fired a shot across the Iranian's bows by instructing the US Navy to sink Iranian gunboats if they start harassing US shipping. 

The Iranians REALLY need to understand that they are NOT dealing with Barak Obama anymore. :) 

So they can sink all pleasure yacht with a flag that wanna see their naval force a little closer ? Will be hard some time to see the difference between a dingy with a mg and a yacht with a fishing rod...

Edited by Jon the frog

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Oil futures were at negative when Trump made that announcement. With storage at near capacity and a glut of oil and demand falling you really have to wonder at the value, timing and reasons for picking a fight with Iran.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Oil futures were at negative when Trump made that announcement. With storage at near capacity and a glut of oil and demand falling you really have to wonder at the value, timing and reasons for picking a fight with Iran.  

no you don't

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kismit said:

I just found it a coincidence that I had recently watched a story about China trying to increase its control over trade routes, a friend of mine who has been helping the Australian government collect medical supplies and her stories of countless supply disappearances, the Iranians not willing to openly show the severity of their outbreak and needing supplies. Well I really am only putting 1+1+1 together and coming up with 12. And lord knows I have been wrong before 

I don't know.  But we have our own problems here in the US with missing medical supplies as well.   This news story is a month old but...you know...supply and demand...low supply, high demand...makes something worth stealing to those that steal.   I can see how Iranian gunboats could turn Pirate for the booty of Covid Medical Supplies...this is something that has affected every country on the planet...so...like alcohol and toilet paper....suddenly worth stealing.

State officials told The Detroit News Wednesday that they were 225,000 surgical masks short of what the federal government said it sent from the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS). 

The state was supposed to receive 450,000 masks, but it obtained about half of that, a spokeswoman from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services told the news outlet. 

link

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

reasons for picking a fight with Iran. 

You see their hostile actions as the U.S. "picking a fight" when the president decides to answer their ongoing aggression?  Can you explain that reasoning?  

BTW, if these little fast boats seem like no real threat, it's because you aren't aware of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

The solution to the chance of shots being traded is pretty simple.  They just need to behave like civilized human beings instead of religious fanatical scum.  Problem solved ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

So they can sink all pleasure yacht with a flag that wanna see their naval force a little closer ? Will be hard some time to see the difference between a dingy with a mg and a yacht with a fishing rod...

These are hardly dingies. They are large rigid-hulled motorboats, and they have been harrasing US Navy ships in international waters for months now. If the Iranians want to go fishing, that's fine. But if they charge up to US Navy ships at 30+ knots, then they risk becoming targets. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

He hasn't picked a fight. He has merely warned the Islamic Republican Guard that if they harrass US ships, they may well be fired upon. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, and then said:

You see their hostile actions as the U.S. "picking a fight" when the president decides to answer their ongoing aggression?  Can you explain that reasoning?  

BTW, if these little fast boats seem like no real threat, it's because you aren't aware of this:

The solution to the chance of shots being traded is pretty simple.  They just need to behave like civilized human beings instead of religious fanatical scum.  Problem solved ;) 

What aggression ? The Iranians downed a U.S. drone in international airspace and Trump did nothing about it. I guess the Iranians launching a ballistic missile had nothing to do with it either. :w00t:

Iran reportedly launches first military satellite as Trump makes threats

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/iran-us-satellite-navy-boats-trump

45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

He hasn't picked a fight. He has merely warned the Islamic Republican Guard that if they harrass US ships, they may well be fired upon. 

First I've heard of any aggression. The timing of this announcement is the issue.

• Like 1

First I've heard of any aggression. The timing of this announcement is the issue.

All Trump did was avoid a war with Iran.  He just told them...threaten us again and we will sink your little boats.  Now, when we sink one of their little boats...The Iranians cannot say to the world...we did nothing and the US attacked us!            

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What aggression ? The Iranians downed a U.S. drone in international airspace and Trump did nothing about it. I guess the Iranians launching a ballistic missile had nothing to do with it either. :w00t:

Iran reportedly launches first military satellite as Trump makes threats

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/22/iran-us-satellite-navy-boats-trump

Yes, the two events have nothing to do with one another. Trump was making reference to an event a day or two previously, when a number of Islamic Republican Guard speedboats harassed US warships. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

What aggression ?

You were the one who said "picking a fight".  If you think that you're bothering anyone by touting the military prowess of the IRGC, you need to sober up ;) 

20 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Or you just want to bait Americans.  He threw down the gauntlet.  Let's see how committed the fishermen are, eh?

• Like 2