Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump authorises Navy to sink Iranian gunboat

RoofGardener

8 hours ago, joc said:

All Trump did was avoid a war with Iran.  He just told them...threaten us again and we will sink your little boats.  Now, when we sink one of their little boats...The Iranians cannot say to the world...we did nothing and the US attacked us!            

Yes i agree with you but it still doesn't change the fact that this threat came outta the blue and his intentions are suspect. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes, the two events have nothing to do with one another. Trump was making reference to an event a day or two previously, when a number of Islamic Republican Guard speedboats harassed US warships. 

My point is they do have something to do with each other. 

40 minutes ago, and then said:

You were the one who said "picking a fight".  If you think that you're bothering anyone by touting the military prowess of the IRGC, you need to sober up ;) 

I did say that ? 

1 hour ago, and then said:

BTW, if these little fast boats seem like no real threat, it's because you aren't aware of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Cole_bombing

Or you just want to bait Americans.  He threw down the gauntlet.  Let's see how committed the fishermen are, eh?

Well, it's still little fast boats in international water...couple of mg and rocket while the US pass just at the border with a full carrier group... if they do something Iran is a smoldering mess.

US can draw first blood and starting again illegitimately a war that make them look bad or wait for a real reason. 

Edited by Jon the frog

9 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Republican Guard speedboats harassed US warships. 

Harrased? Did they grab them by the meow meow? 

Loser Trump is doing the only thing he is good at. Distraction. Zero knowledge. Zero competence. Zero sympathy for the dying Americans. Zero plan. He should better take care of the aging population that drops dead by the thousands a day. He is losing his voter base that way.

And... your post is misleading. Trump said to shout them down, not sinking.

Edited by odas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

timing and reasons for picking a fight with Iran

Yeah, you really did...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Well, it's still little fast boats in international water...couple of mg and rocket while the US pass just at the border with a full carrier group... if they do something Iran is a smoldering mess.

US can draw first blood and starting again illegitimately a war that make them look bad or wait for a real reason. 

Or, we could swat the little boats like flies and move on.  But that wouldn't fit your narrative so you can't imagine that.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, odas said:

Harrased? Did they grab them by the meow meow? 

Loser Trump is doing the only thing he is good at. Distraction. Zero knowledge. Zero competence. Zero sympathy for the dying Americans. Zero plan. He should better take care of the aging population that drops dead by the thousands a day. He is losing his voter base that way.

And... your post is misleading. Trump said to shout them down, not sinking.

Psst... you do realize you can't vote against him, right?  Also, https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-04-23/trump-orders-navy-to-sink-iranian-boats-video

He was pretty clear about the response.  

1 hour ago, and then said:

Psst... you do realize you can't vote against him, right?  

: ) Weeeeeellll, not directly but I do have a few trucker friends from USA who changed their minds about Trump and will vote against. So I kinda WILL have a say.

• Like 1

Seems the IRGC have come out with their response and it's to potentially target the American navy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/iran-guard-commander-threatens-us-navy-trump-tweet-70304006

The leader more specifically said the IRGC navy would destroy any American ship that threatens Iranian vessels.  Not sure if its mentioned in that article or not as there are quite a few articles and some do and some dont.

2 hours ago, and then said:

Or, we could swat the little boats like flies and move on.  But that wouldn't fit your narrative so you can't imagine that.  

Well that's starting a war and drawing first blood sir, lol !

And yes the US navy is able to splatter them in second... or just continue their road waving to them so these Iranian crew can look like tourists and be irrelevant ....

Edited by Jon the frog

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Yes i agree with you but it still doesn't change the fact that this threat came outta the blue and his intentions are suspect. 

Only if you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome...which you obviously do.

37 minutes ago, joc said:

Only if you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome...which you obviously do.

...i heard about that. It starts off as a really bad tan and then morphs into an orange halo that encompasses all of the faithful. nah thats not me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

First I've heard of any aggression. The timing of this announcement is the issue.

Perhaps the timing was in response to 11 IRGC boats harassing the U.S. Navy vessels in international waters?  OR, it could be that our intel is looking at the threat to the Iranian regime that is becoming critical just now due to their economic situation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-iran-economy-analy/iran-has-limited-scope-for-coronavirus-economic-stimulus-idUSKBN21C2L7

By all accounts, even before the Covid19 crisis they were nearing the edge of the abyss.

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Perhaps the timing was in response to 11 IRGC boats harassing the U.S. Navy vessels in international waters?  OR, it could be that our intel is looking at the threat to the Iranian regime that is becoming critical just now due to their economic situation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-iran-economy-analy/iran-has-limited-scope-for-coronavirus-economic-stimulus-idUSKBN21C2L7

By all accounts, even before the Covid19 crisis they were nearing the edge of the abyss.

Hang on. Trump pulled back from retaliation over the Iranians destroying an American drone in international air space and now Trump wants to go to war over harassing ? 

• Like 1

Pentagon Walks Back Trump’s Twitter Outburst On Iran

Faced with the new challenges of a crumbling economy and the worst coronavirus outbreak in the world, the Trump administration appears to be returning to old grievances.

On Wednesday, U.S. President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter, “I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.” U.S. defense officials were reportedly surprised by the tweet, as they had not been briefed on any change in policy toward Iran.

In response, the Pentagon sought to manage up, downgrading the commander-in-chief’s announcement to a warning. “What he was emphasizing is all of our ships retain the right of self-defense, and people need to be very careful in their interactions to understand the inherent right of self-defense,” David Norquist, U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense, said at a Pentagon press briefing. Norquist added that the president’s tweet was “very useful.”

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/04/23/pentagon-waters-down-trump-iran-satellite-missile-warship-threat-warning/

• Like 2

Perhaps it would shut up those bloviated little pigs in the Islamic Republican Guard if Trump DID sink a bevy of their speedboats. And when they howled and peeved about it, he could put a couple of tomahawks through their bedroom windows. 

These bearded medievalists need to understand that their rash words can have consequences. Keep on screaming "Death to America", and - sooner or later - America is going to take that as a threat, and retaliate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Hang on. Trump pulled back from retaliation over the Iranians destroying an American drone in international air space and now Trump wants to go to war over harassing ? 

I wouldn’t want to go to war over a piece of equipment. However, if the Iranians threaten our troops, that’s a serious situation that needs to be addressed with serious warnings of retaliation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simplybill said:

I wouldn’t want to go to war over a piece of equipment. However, if the Iranians threaten our troops, that’s a serious situation that needs to be addressed with serious warnings of retaliation.

The point is Trump flipped out when he saw their space program launch successfully. The U.S. military quickly released a memo down playing Trumps threats. There is no threat to U.S. troops in the region. well none more than usual.  

Thumbs up on this one for Trump !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The point is Trump flipped out when he saw their space program launch successfully. The U.S. military quickly released a memo down playing Trumps threats. There is no threat to U.S. troops in the region. well none more than usual.  

The response was to the harassment of our troops in a specific incident. From the article:

”Last Wednesday, the U.S. Navy said Revolutionary Guard vessels repeatedly crossed the bows and sterns of several American ships at close range and high speed in the northern Gulf. The American vessels included the USS Paul Hamilton, a Navy destroyer and the USS Lewis B. Puller, a ship that serves as an afloat landing base. The ships were operating with U.S. Army Apache attack helicopters in international waters, the statement said.”

With this President, I doubt we’ll see another Benghazi-type incident.

• Like 2

I'm assuming he said this just as a sound bite. That he's just trying to draw off from his CoronaVirus flubs.

I do support blowing out of the water any hostile vessel that tries to attack our ships though. I'd save the tomahawks through windows for after the speedboats attack though...

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:54 AM, Captain Risky said:

Trump also said that the risk of killing civilians over a drone wasn't acceptable. As for the speedboats maybe you should look up Millennium Challenge 2002.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Trump also said that the risk of killing civilians over a drone wasn't acceptable. As for the speedboats maybe you should look up Millennium Challenge 2002.

Now you wanna paint the military high command as corrupt because they talked down Trumps stupid ? Wow ! So who would be corrupt when Trump tells people to use cleaning products to cure cover-19 ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1